• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2015 Thread

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right - DD will not be in his comfort zone. I am sure he will have some money to spend this winter, but his goal is to rebuild a farm system. If THAT is not the goal, I pity the next GM who comes in to try and clean up the mess. Sadly, I fear a second-rate reload that will be bogged down with the massive contracts the team has to deal with. Oh well? - maybe that is not even wrong, in the short view of things....it just means the team will have to gamble on the draftees from the last couple of drafts turning out far better than what we've seen in the past. Bottom line is - I don't have much faith in Dombrowski pulling off a fix of any kind. But, as hard as it is to believe, I have been wrong once (twice?) before.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I trust DD he took a great starting pitching staff and turned it into a piece of shit......

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iffy... do you even actually read the articles you post as facts? Tigers have multiple prospects in the top 100... and if you count the guys they traded away.. had a good handful of talent both thompson and adames are top 75 prospects. Knebel, Miller and Maybin are far from scrubs...try looking at their stats this year... Thompson is 20 years old... and is #65 in MLB top 100 prospects... You have no idea the state of the Tigers farm.. you just go off the media's portrayal and pray nobody notices you have no idea what you are talking about. Seriously Iffy.. you don't want to discuss the farm system with me... you are not even a member of baseball america and you can't read their actual scouting reports yet you try to use them as a basis for your idiocy... how can you use them if you cant even read what they say? Tigers farm is 30th.. because they traded away a ton of talent the last few years... It doesn't take long to reload it.. look at the Yankees.. their farm was god awful 2 years ago. Now it is top 5. If the Tigers held on to prospects.. they would have 4 in the top 100 right now... and that is before the guys they added in the 2015 draft and what ever they get in the coming trades.

2015 Top 100 Prospects Archives - BaseballAmerica.com um where?

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake Thompson- highest era and whip of his career-average AA pitcher, just FYI for "fact checking"

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bums....The one Tiger prospect that is in the top 100 of the MLB list (Moya), dropped out of the list for awhile after a terrible start to his season. I don't recall if he even made the BA top 100. But, as you can see by his Toledo stats, he ain't much. 24 years old, lots of Ks, low BA, I think 6 of his 14 homers came in a two week period. Appears to be another Nick Castellanos type. Tigers have nothing at AAA and AA. The teams are cellar dwellers with little to offer in the next year.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.. bums coming on to tigers boards... lol ahahahahahahhaaha....

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
talking to guys like iffy and bums about baseball is pointless... iffy is only here to stir the pot by his own admission.. bums is here because i am here.. and for what ever reason hammer removed his ban from tigers boards.. i have better places to talk baseball... this place isn't one of them.

Last edited:

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morons here forget... When Dombrowski took over in 2004... the Tigers rotation was garbage... HE built it to what it was.... HE traded for Scherzer when none of you knew who he was... HE traded for Sanchez... HE traded for Fister when nobody here knew about him... HE drafted Verlander... Dombrowski built 2 WS teams... and took a historically bad team one week away from the promise land twice... and made them the best team in the division. How quickly people are to forget.... He has one non playoff season and off with his head... its kind of funny... because the last 11 years Tigers fans have become so spoiled that a .500 season is reason to let the guy that took a 119 loss team to the WS within 2 years of taking over... and led them to being title contenders in 7 of his 11 years..... I would rather post on mlive than here.. at least over there I don't have to deal with bums stalking me like a old girlfriend that got fat and wants one more shot at marriage with me.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to laugh... Bums seems to find where I am... Dude is a straight up creep. Guy stalks me harder than a women that gets knocked up and is looking for child support...

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bums....The one Tiger prospect that is in the top 100 of the MLB list (Moya), dropped out of the list for awhile after a terrible start to his season. I don't recall if he even made the BA top 100. But, as you can see by his Toledo stats, he ain't much. 24 years old, lots of Ks, low BA, I think 6 of his 14 homers came in a two week period. Appears to be another Nick Castellanos type. Tigers have nothing at AAA and AA. The teams are cellar dwellers with little to offer in the next year.

agree, Moya k's way too much to make an impact in the pros, maybe a bench spot

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
talking to guys like iffy and bums about baseball is pointless... iffy is only here to stir the pot by his own admission.. bums is here because i am here.. and for what ever reason hammer removed his ban from tigers boards.. i have better places to talk baseball... this place isn't one of them.

sucks when facts are used

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iffy.. do me a favor.. post the scouting report from Spencer Turnbull from BA for me... Prove to me you actually have a subscription to BA and that you can actually see the articles there other than the 3 free articles they post a year... come on iffy... just post one scouting report from them.

Or you can admit you are here to stir the pot.. have no actual knowledge and are doing nothing but trying to call bluffs. Its easy to be like iffy and call everyones bluff... Now I am calling yours... post 1.. just one scouting report from BA iffy. Just 1

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you expect the tigers to have anything at AAA or AA when they made 7 trades in the last 2 years that sent out 7 of their top 10 prospects? Do the math idiot.. all their talent that would be in AAA or AA is in Toronto, Tampa, Arizona, Texas, chicago, and Cincinnati.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you come here bums? I don't want to talk or interact with you.. why do you come around me?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iffy... maybin sucked as a Tiger? He played 24 games and had 49 at bats... as a 20 year old... you really love to post idiocy to stir the pot... you should put that back on your profile comment.... it fit very well... all you are here for is to rile people up....

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ventura called back up after getting sent down by the Royals.... how many runs will he give up in the 3.2 innings he pitches next game?

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morons here forget... When Dombrowski took over in 2004... the Tigers rotation was garbage... HE built it to what it was.... HE traded for Scherzer when none of you knew who he was... HE traded for Sanchez... HE traded for Fister when nobody here knew about him... HE drafted Verlander... Dombrowski built 2 WS teams... and took a historically bad team one week away from the promise land twice... and made them the best team in the division. How quickly people are to forget.... He has one non playoff season and off with his head... its kind of funny... because the last 11 years Tigers fans have become so spoiled that a .500 season is reason to let the guy that took a 119 loss team to the WS within 2 years of taking over... and led them to being title contenders in 7 of his 11 years..... I would rather post on mlive than here.. at least over there I don't have to deal with bums stalking me like a old girlfriend that got fat and wants one more shot at marriage with me.

stalking you? you came into the AL Central smack talk and for some reason lost it when you weren't even in the conversation, but stalking you must be right..

1 non playoff season???? 2015, 2010, 2009,2008,2007, 2005 that's 6 years, so "title" contenters/playoff team for 5 out of his 11 years.

He drafted, everyone else in that time frame as well, to create #30th ranked minors. Great job on drafting Verlander.

Best team in the weakest division in baseball, got to post season and couldn't beat out the best teams.

but hey, guess facts are whatever you want them to be. Factman

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He did not make the BA top 100, pre season he made MLB top 100, ranked no. 100