• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2015 Thread

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gose is the best leadoff guy on the roster imo. And is the team's best defensive outfielder by quite a bit.

Needs base running help bigtime though. All that speed, but not instinctual.

If he were to hit 9th, it'd be ideal. But, other than to avoid Raburn, no thanks on spending in the outfield.

Anybody else hear about Andrew Miller being a trade target? That's a huge contract for one inning a night...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There has been talk of trading Iggy. I wonder is Machado ready to play. Could you get an outfielder and some prospects for Iggy? is there anyone else that could be used to trade that might bring something worthwhile?
Fulmer?

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bronco...I don't know if you are a sabermetrics fan or not....but Gose's defensive numbers are not good. VERY overrated. I'd like to see if Detroit could get Span on a one year deal...and hope he busts his butt to get a multi-year deal the following year. As for Dexter Fowler...he'd be a good addition at the top of the order. But, I'd defer to the Tiger's front office if he is worth what he will ask for. Two starting pitchers, and at least two relief pitchers are needed first.

I see Dave Dombrowski is not ignoring his bullpen in Boston

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bronco...I don't know if you are a sabermetrics fan or not....but Gose's defensive numbers are not good. VERY overrated. I'd like to see if Detroit could get Span on a one year deal...and hope he busts his butt to get a multi-year deal the following year. As for Dexter Fowler...he'd be a good addition at the top of the order. But, I'd defer to the Tiger's front office if he is worth what he will ask for. Two starting pitchers, and at least two relief pitchers are needed first.

I don't like defensive stats at all. Not something I put stock into, good or bad.

Gose is a better centerfielder than Jackson imo. But there are plenty of parts to his game that need refinement. Speed got him to the Bigs early. Only his first season as a full time player. And that wasn't the entire season. I think there's some space before he reaches his ceiling.

But I have nothing against Span or Fowler. Two outfielders I like a lot tbh.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, Detroit will have to overpay to get 2nd tier starting pitchers going the free agent route. I am wondering if Avila has the chops to pull off a trade (using Iglesias?) to get a mid rotation starter? Talk to Boras/Marlins about getting Fernandez to leave Miami?

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Span has been below average defensively as well. I wish they would go after someone like Marte instead. Fowler is a beast at getting on base but I feel like he is more of a great corner OF than a CF.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love reading all the sports sites saying the Tigers are interested in this guy and they're interested in that guy and they should be looking at this guy and they could sign so and so..... With the state of the team they should be looking at any warm body that throw or hit a baseball. ... except Ryan Raburn

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors that Marlins want to move Jose Fernandez because of their disputes with his agent...Mr. Boras. Time for another Tiger-Marlin Blockbuster trade? Tigers would have to start with Iglesias...and then let the Marlins pick any 10-15 players they want out of the Tigers minor league system. (I'll bet the Marlins would take one look at the fine farm system Dombrowski left, and fall over laughing)

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oddly enough, Brad Ausmus did not receive even one vote for AL Manager of the Year! No one even gave him a second or third place vote!

dengel6

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assmus sucks. End of the Tigers. until he goes.:yes:

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers get K-Rod, Francisco Rodriguez, from the Brewers to be the closer in 2016. Not thrilled, but he's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick or Bruce Rondon.

Tigers part with inf Javier Betancourt (Single A last year) who Vice declared would be in the Hall of Fame by the year 2022. The deal was held up because Detroit refused to take back Hernan Perez as part of the deal, instead promising to send a PTBN to make up for the insult of allowing Hernan to labeled as a major league player and be picked up by the Brewers off waivers. The last I heard, Hernan Perez is Inspector #4 at the factory in Milwaukee that makes those Cheese Head hats.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice add with KRod.

Blue promoted the shit out of this last summer. Liked the idea then too.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers need to grab Anthony Bass from Seattle (who just got him from the Rangers). Pitched for Wayne State. Born in Dearborn, went to Trenton High School. Local flavor needs to be added to Detroit club. I have checked and his right arm functions like a normal human being's which puts him ahead of most of the pitchers on the Tiger's pitching staff. Would be a good PR move by Detroit.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gose is the best leadoff guy on the roster imo. And is the team's best defensive outfielder by quite a bit.

Needs base running help bigtime though. All that speed, but not instinctual.

23 SB with 11 CS. Not a great percentage. Definitely needs to study pitchers more.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers get K-Rod, Francisco Rodriguez, from the Brewers to be the closer in 2016. Not thrilled, but he's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick or Bruce Rondon.

Not thrilled? He's had back-to-back seasons of 44 and 38 saves, with WHIPs of 0.98 and 0.86. A better option than bringing back Soria, IMO. Unless you think he's due for another clunker season like 2012. And yes, he'll be 34 by they time next season starts, so there's a bit of a risk.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers get Cameron Maybin from the Braves. Again....not really excited. A good platoon partner for Gose, I guess. Not a very good defensive centerfielder. Tigers get to pay him $8 million for one year (he has an option for 2017)...a little high for a platoon outfielder. But they only gave up Ian Krol and a Single A relief pitcher in return. I suppose if Maybin hits like he did SEVERAL years ago in SD, he could take over in left field.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers get Cameron Maybin from the Braves. Again....not really excited. A good platoon partner for Gose, I guess. Not a very good defensive centerfielder. Tigers get to pay him $8 million for one year (he has an option for 2017)...a little high for a platoon outfielder. But they only gave up Ian Krol and a Single A relief pitcher in return. I suppose if Maybin hits like he did SEVERAL years ago in SD, he could take over in left field.

This time I agree with the "not thrilled" assessment. Mediocre BA and OBP, has been injury-prone, and never did develop the HR power that was expected. Does steal bases, and IS a good defender. They got an RH-hitting outfielder, which was a need, and it was much cheaper than re-signing Cespedes.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This time I agree with the "not thrilled" assessment. Mediocre BA and OBP, has been injury-prone, and never did develop the HR power that was expected. Does steal bases, and IS a good defender. They got an RH-hitting outfielder, which was a need, and it was much cheaper than re-signing Cespedes.

Fangraphs has Maybin as one of the 10 worst CF in baseball, last season. However, it was his worst defensive season of his career.

LLOYD is BACK! Tigers hired him to manager at Toledo. Could HE be the first in line if Ausmus is canned early????