• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2015 Thread

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB Trade Rumors: "Also hitting the open market is infielder Hernan Perez, who the Brewers outrighted, per a club announcement. He’ll qualify as a minor league free agent"

I believe Vice proclaimed that Hernan Perez would reach superstar status when the Tigers released him. hhhmmmm.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really hope we don't go after Cespedes.
It sure would be tempting to go after him. But when you look at the money you would have to throw out one guy and we have so many needs could we get two or three guys for the price of one or more?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sure would be tempting to go after him. But when you look at the money you would have to throw out one guy and we have so many needs could we get two or three guys for the price of one or more?
That's kinda where I'm coming from with YC.

20mil(approximately) a year for a LFer that's going to hit 6th is tough to justify without a closer and with two holes in the rotation.

But those are really the only four spots I see where money needs to be spent. (I see no closing option out of the in house group personally.)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really view LF as a place of need really. But I'll lump it in with the other three.

Somebody to split time with Collins shouldn't be expensive.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw this the other day and don't shoot me I'm just the messenger. And inexpensive platoon player to share the time with Collins would be Ryan Raburn..... I think it was on the site bless you boys. I threw up in my mouth.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw this the other day and don't shoot me I'm just the messenger. And inexpensive platoon player to share the time with Collins would be Ryan Raburn..... I think it was on the site bless you boys. I threw up in my mouth.
Did I tell you how Id love YC to come back?

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK......here is what the Tigers need:

-Two of: Mike Leake, Scott Kazmir, Wei-Yen Chen, Yovani Gallardo
-Doug Fister (one yr contract)
-One of: Denard Span (one year contract w/heavy incentives) OR, Dexter Fowler (3 years @$40mil)
-Trade for Marwin Gonzalez of the Astros to add versatility for bench. (Use those great minor league prospects Vice always was talking about)
-Sign Tony Sipp for bullpen lefty
-Sign Darren O'Day for bullpen (Yes that is the 6th FA I am asking the Tigers to get!)
-Resign Hernan Perez to correct mistake only Vice saw last season.
-Pay Dougplayer and Vice to predict that the Tigers will NOT make the post-season! (and then get your tickets, ASAP!)

Last edited:

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Vice proclaimed that Hernan Perez would reach superstar status when the Tigers released him. hhhmmmm.

He made a big deal about Perez hitting .270. But that was in 230 at-bats and screams small-window fluke to me. Still zippo power (1 HR) and he played most of his games at 3B where you prefer to see extra-base pop. He's a .235 career hitter at the MLB level.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like both Span and Fowler, but with Gose under team control they may just opt to keep him and spend their money elsewhere.

Could use another RH-hitting corner outfielder NOT named Raburn. Otherwise, empty the bank on pitching over position players.

I know he'll be more expensive, but I'm really hoping they go after Jordan Zimmermann. He's coming off a so-so season (13-10 / 3.66), but threw 200+ innings and is still only 29.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw where some media guru is predicting a 5-6 year contract for Zimmermann at over $125 million. Whoa! Too much. Even at 6 years, that is pressing a $20mil a year average.

Span can play LF. Fowler's defensive numbers better than Gose. I think Gose is one of those over-rated CF. Makes spectacular catches, but does not cover his area that well. Defensive WAR near bottom for CF. Fowler in CF....Gose in LF

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Gose isn't in center field then he's a liability as far as the batting order. You say he is an over rated center fielder ok but he also hit way over his head this year. Big question if he would do it again.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Gose isn't in center field then he's a liability as far as the batting order. You say he is an over rated center fielder ok but he also hit way over his head this year. Big question if he would do it again.

I agree. At best a #9 hitter. And that might be where Iglesias is headed. With all the money they need to spend on pitching, finding TWO outfielders might be tough. If they had Fowler in CF, they could, conceivably, trade Gose for more pitching...and go with Moya/Collins (yuck). Or resign Rajai....(less yuck but for more $)

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There has been talk of trading Iggy. I wonder is Machado ready to play. Could you get an outfielder and some prospects for Iggy? is there anyone else that could be used to trade that might bring something worthwhile?

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, Ausmus' return was a big hit for Iglesias having a long tenure with the Tigers. The coaching staff is going to have several months to look and see if they can find ways to improve team 'chemistry' and clubhouse camaraderie...and it is possible Iglesias may be seen as someone who can be replaced. (If Machado is deemed MLB ready). Several teams looking for SS, including the Dodgers. I think Iglesias could get a starting OF in return or a mid-rotation starter. Hey, Jose Reyes in Colorado may be out for awhile for punching his wife.....they may be looking