• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2015 Thread

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions got destroyed earlier.. Ready to take my lumps here as well.. Is Ausmus gone yet?
How do you lose a game where you are winning 21-3... seriously... Same old shit lions.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin Jackson? Lol

I'd like that four man outfield, but Id imagine he'll get paid decent to start for someone in center.
Austin Jackson will probably get a decent contract... but I could see him taking a one year deal to remake his value... I don't see Jackson getting more than 8-9 mil a year... probably less. I would rather see them go after an older vet that can bring leadership than a fringe starter like Jackson.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two words.. Lombardi and Millenhew
The offense completely pooped the bed after the half... it was embarrassing to watch. I don't know why I put money on the lions.... I am 33 fucking years old... you would think I know better by now.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin Jackson will probably get a decent contract... but I could see him taking a one year deal to remake his value... I don't see Jackson getting more than 8-9 mil a year... probably less. I would rather see them go after an older vet that can bring leadership than a fringe starter like Jackson.
I wouldn't complain if we got him for 8-9mil.

That's be a nice group, assuming Moya would be the fourth. It'd give whoever manages next year a lot of lineup, pinch running and pinch hitting options. (Power lefty off the bench hasn't been available in forever. And I'd be cool with AJax splitting time in left.)

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad Cespedes is dominating the plate in NY and will get a massive contract now..

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't complain if we got him for 8-9mil.

That's be a nice group, assuming Moya would be the fourth. It'd give whoever manages next year a lot of lineup, pinch running and pinch hitting options. (Power lefty off the bench hasn't been available in forever. And I'd be cool with AJax splitting time in left.)

It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.. but I would only be cool with it if they got 2 above average starters AND THEN signed AJax for that amount... If it even remotely kept the Tigers from getting the best possible starters they can... I would rather see them sign a older guy that would be a positive voice in the dugout... and cheap.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad Cespedes is dominating the plate in NY and will get a massive contract now..
He was going to get a massive contract before the trade... it just keeps going up now.... He probably would have gotten a 4 yr 80 mil deal... now he is probably going to be well over 100 mil... If the mets win it all... and Cespedes is a big part of it... the guy is going to get a crazy deal.... he is still in the middle of his prime.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was going to get a massive contract before the trade... it just keeps going up now.... He probably would have gotten a 4 yr 80 mil deal... now he is probably going to be well over 100 mil... If the mets win it all... and Cespedes is a big part of it... the guy is going to get a crazy deal.... he is still in the middle of his prime.
That's the thing, I think the Tigers would have bit on 4 years for 80 mill.. I doubt they go above 100 million though.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.. but I would only be cool with it if they got 2 above average starters AND THEN signed AJax for that amount... If it even remotely kept the Tigers from getting the best possible starters they can... I would rather see them sign a older guy that would be a positive voice in the dugout... and cheap.
Starting pitching is the only MUST this offseason.

That and a new third base coach.

Then a right handed outfielder that can play a corner and center. (I also believe closer is a MUST, but don't want to hash that out tonight. We have months and months for that convo. Hahaha.). Right with you that it can't be a player that prevents SP upgrades.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way the Tigers get him at this point... There are going to be a ton of teams bidding on him. Its going to get crazy. The only OFer that may get a larger contract than him is Heyward... and to be honest.. I am not so sure Cespedes doesn't get a contract just as big or bigger.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cespedes is honestly becoming an MVP candidate.

Harper can't win it, the Nats suck. And I don't think a Dodgers pitcher will win. I think YC has a shot. And good for him. He's obviously zoned and has changed that Met offense completely since he got there.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting pitching is the only MUST this offseason.

That and a new third base coach.

Then a right handed outfielder that can play a corner and center. (I also believe closer is a MUST, but don't want to hash that out tonight. We have months and months for that convo. Hahaha.). Right with you that it can't be a player that prevents SP upgrades.
The problem with closer is that there really isn't anything out there worth the money. The only way I would be ok with the Tigers making a big move for a closer is by trade.. I wouldn't say a word if they found a way to get Chapman...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cespedes is honestly becoming an MVP candidate.

Harper can't win it, the Nats suck. And I don't think a Dodgers pitcher will win. I think YC has a shot. And good for him. He's obviously zoned and has changed that Met offense completely since he got there.
He is making the most of his contract year.. that is for sure.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way the Tigers get him at this point... There are going to be a ton of teams bidding on him. Its going to get crazy. The only OFer that may get a larger contract than him is Heyward... and to be honest.. I am not so sure Cespedes doesn't get a contract just as big or bigger.
Heyward is young and plays godlike defense.. He is going to get paid massively on potential alone as he was a prospect almost as hyped up as Harper or Bryant.. He is a good player when he has a good year though averaging roughly 6 WAR so he deserves decent compensation in some capacity.. But I'm not sure it should be as much as Cespedes if his bat turns out being as consistent as this year...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heyward is young and plays godlike defense.. He is going to get paid massively on potential alone as he was a prospect almost as hyped up as Harper or Bryant.. He is a good player when he has a good year though averaging roughly 6 WAR so he deserves decent compensation in some capacity.. But I'm not sure it should be as much as Cespedes if his bat turns out being as consistent as this year...
Heyward might not get more per year than Cespedes... But he could easily sign a 8 or 9 yr deal... I doubt Cespedes gets more than 5 or 6 years.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct since Heyward is only 26..

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Heyward is ultimately a disappointment atm.. People were saying he had potential to being the next Griffey Jr and that just hasn't panned out so far..

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Heyward is ultimately a disappointment atm.. People were saying he had potential to being the next Griffey Jr and that just hasn't panned out so far..
26 is still very young... most don't have there best seasons until 29-31.