• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2013 Thread

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I make a thread with little brother in it? If so I don't recall doing it.....I'm a fan of MSU basketball not football...Izzo does this every year.......Heck even down to Columbia with like 8 or 9 mins left in the game Ellis was in the game....That was not the time for teaching a freshman lessons....I think Izzo is probably a top 3 coach but didn't agree with Ellis in the game at that time.

Izzo doesnt take the reg season as serious as most coaches.....he wants to make sure a player like ellis gets PT somewhere because chances are he will play a role in march....izzo doesnt care about rankings......he can go to a final 4 with and 8th seed.

Now beilen on the other hand......bwahahaha.....scUM is overated in hoops just like they were in football....burke was the TEAM......Mcgoofy is nuthin without burke......glad the coach finally had one good year last year......now hes safe.....

5 more years of beilien AND hoke......woo hoo

scUM Hoops has ONE good year in 20. Wow

Now back to tigers baseball......wally joyner is now on the staff

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers name Omar Vizquel as their 1B coach and to mentor Iglesias. Good move by Tiger front office! I hope THIS isn't what the meant by ''improving the defense", however. :)

(Can Omar play a little late inning defense at 3rd?)

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow be careful what u say to mike trout fans....he really has groupies....i got called a troll for saying miggy IS the MVP on the miggy mike trout thread......wow when did nerds take over baseball.

adrian2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow be careful what u say to mike trout fans....he really has groupies....i got called a troll for saying miggy IS the MVP on the miggy mike trout thread......wow when did nerds take over baseball.
well there have always been people on the analytical side versus old school baseball. back in the day when the new school guys dared to look at platoon splits and actually platooned positions. The problem is now with multiple cable shows and social media you get people that think they know more about baseball than the people actually playing the game.

As for the Trout issue, I do not get involved in all that. Trout supporters will hold to their all important WAR stat and nothing will ever change their mind. The problem is the MVP award is actually been copywrited by the BBWAA association and as such will never go to a player on a non playoff team (now that 5 teams in each league make the post season). How valuable can Mike trout be to a team when they finished under 500 in a division when they played the Astros 19 times?

mike Trout for 2013 on D. Zero OF assists (3 last season), UZR 4.4 (13.3 last season) and defensive runs saved of a negative 9 (positive 21 last year). Myself I thought a better case could have been made Trout last season. better D and the Angels actually were above 500 and had a better record than detroit in 2012 and didn't have the astros in their division.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You got called a troll for trolling. You got owned for not being able to hold your own at a big boy table.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got called a troll for trolling. You got owned for not being able to hold your own at a big boy table.

So.... does the big boy table have Trout or Miggy as the MVP? My glances at the big boy table tell me that a chair at that table requires an elitist attitude that THEIR way of thinking is superior to anyone with an opposing view. How many days have a handful of people spent "discussing" an issue that has been settled by an outside force bigger than those at the ''big boy table''? But, perhaps THAT is the problem....outside forces B-slapped the Trout-ites and they are willing to spend hours/weeks maybe years, defending their position. And.....of course, all that work has paid off in a handsome return of.....how many???...converts to their way of thinking?

BTW....does the guy (name?) at the 'big boy table' that makes his own formulas - that are more logical than anyone's - get served first when the food comes to the table?

:wtf2:

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
winning is not important to them.

Wally Joiner to be Tigers BC? papers think to think so.
any body else than Lloyd is ok with me.

Like to hear the Tiger signed j Nathan .... that would be nice

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Trout for 2013 on D. Zero OF assists (3 last season), UZR 4.4 (13.3 last season) and defensive runs saved of a negative 9 (positive 21 last year). Myself I thought a better case could have been made Trout last season. better D and the Angels actually were above 500 and had a better record than detroit in 2012 and didn't have the astros in their division.

Well said, adrian. I too can understand all the Trout MVP arguments last year. This season, I didn't think it was even close with the Angels winning 78 games. And the BBWAA bore that out, giving Miguel 23 of 30 first-place votes.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly thought Chris Davis would finish second this season. Leading in homers and RBI seemed like it would have got that done. As power numbers are "valued" more than almost all others. And I think his defense has now became first rate. (Odd how that always happens when offensive numbers take off)

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How can you be a troll when you are on a thread thats title includes your best player? You cant. Didnt see what cleaves posted, but doubt he got owned. Miggy was once again more valuable to his team than trout was. Pitchers fear miggy unlike any other hitter in baseball including mike trout.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So just start being normal and talking baseball instead of always being a creeper and no one will have a problem with it. But you cant, theres something wrong.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said, adrian. I too can understand all the Trout MVP arguments last year. This season, I didn't think it was even close with the Angels winning 78 games. And the BBWAA bore that out, giving Miguel 23 of 30 first-place votes.

Yes it wasnt close at all but somehow apparently tigers fans are getting "owned". Some people are more delusional than others clearly. Maybe we should start talking about how chris davis was more of an mvp than trout this year, that conversation would make more sense.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to have that conversation. Somehow Trout, with his speed and his far superior base running ability only scored 6 more runs than Miggy and Davis. Maybe I've missed something along the way, but I've always thought the advantage to speed and solid base running, especially when stealing bases, had two desired outcomes. Scoring runs and shifting the pitchers focus and concentration from the batter to the baserunner.(which should also help lead to more runs) Without a significant advantage in runs, where is the value in base stealing? Davis and Cabrera are not speedy, hit lower in their respective orders and drive in a substantially larger amount of runs. I've still yet to see an argument for Trout over Miggy, or even Davis, that makes any sense in reality. I've seen arguments based on conjecture statistics, but that's not reality.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you be a troll when you are on a thread thats title includes your best player? You cant. Didnt see what cleaves posted, but doubt he got owned. Miggy was once again more valuable to his team than trout was. Pitchers fear miggy unlike any other hitter in baseball including mike trout.

What? One can troll on any thread, regardless what the topic was.

Here are some of cleaves' posts....

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/4010671-post189.html

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/4011914-post202.html

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/4012206-post219.html

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/4012314-post238.html

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/4012426-post255.html

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/4012523-post267.html

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/4014920-post326.html

Objectively, do you really think those posts add any value to the discussion?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trolling? The guy that started the thread said i wasnt trolling....2 guys i didnt agree with said that......owned? How do you get owned online.....you act like your shit dont stink and your this all mighty smart guy....when all you are is a tool nobody likes.....you stir up the tigers and the michigan boards and down the fans like you are the only good tiger or wolverine fan....havent checked, but you prolly do the same if your a lions fan i bet....

This comes from a so called tiger fan who claimed he has to apologize for miggys defense....but claimed to only actually see him play a total of 27 out of 173 games this year....how can someone who has only watched miggy play 27 times come to this conclussion?

Especially when you claimed 6 of the games you seen him play were in oakland where in the 6 games detroit only gave up 11 runs and 32 hits with ZERO errors......

You are actually the troll here..

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So.... does the big boy table have Trout or Miggy as the MVP? My glances at the big boy table tell me that a chair at that table requires an elitist attitude that THEIR way of thinking is superior to anyone with an opposing view. How many days have a handful of people spent "discussing" an issue that has been settled by an outside force bigger than those at the ''big boy table''? But, perhaps THAT is the problem....outside forces B-slapped the Trout-ites and they are willing to spend hours/weeks maybe years, defending their position. And.....of course, all that work has paid off in a handsome return of.....how many???...converts to their way of thinking?

BTW....does the guy (name?) at the 'big boy table' that makes his own formulas - that are more logical than anyone's - get served first when the food comes to the table?

:wtf2:

Omg i actually give iffy a 10 outta 10

I was trolling because i stated the fact MIGGY IS THE MVP

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly thought Chris Davis would finish second this season. Leading in homers and RBI seemed like it would have got that done. As power numbers are "valued" more than almost all others. And I think his defense has now became first rate. (Odd how that always happens when offensive numbers take off)

Especially since baltimore was in the playoff race all year because of him.....trout and all the angels stars sucked from the get go...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I posted MIGGY IS THE MVP

They are debating who can run first to 3rd better.....whos hair is better.....how trouts eyes glimmer.....blah blah blah....how winning doesnt matter.....and if you disagree....your a troll.....then i was called a spammer.....it was only 2 guys....then the so called greater than everyone jalopy joined in.....the jalopy who watched miggy play 27 games this year....where most of us watched around 170.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to have that conversation. Somehow Trout, with his speed and his far superior base running ability only scored 6 more runs than Miggy and Davis. Maybe I've missed something along the way, but I've always thought the advantage to speed and solid base running, especially when stealing bases, had two desired outcomes. Scoring runs and shifting the pitchers focus and concentration from the batter to the baserunner.(which should also help lead to more runs) Without a significant advantage in runs, where is the value in base stealing? Davis and Cabrera are not speedy, hit lower in their respective orders and drive in a substantially larger amount of runs. I've still yet to see an argument for Trout over Miggy, or even Davis, that makes any sense in reality. I've seen arguments based on conjecture statistics, but that's not reality.

Miggy doesnt get credit for his runs because hes a power hitter and power hitters hit HR's which cause them to usually have high RS.....So they hold that against miggy....true shit.....trust me, they have an excuse for everything.....plus they pick n choose what stats to use to fit their argument.....example....even tho mccutchens defensive numbers are better than trouts this year...they wont give him credit, because its only this year he had a strong arm.....but yet the argument was about THIS year if trout would of won the NL MVP.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup i posted them....but what about the other 30 posts i had inbetween? I just kept stating a fact when someone called me dumb or stupid or stick to college sports.....if you dont agree with the nerd herd they gang up on ya.....then call u a troll......but how is stating a fact trolling? Miggy is the MVP......funny the guy who made the thread said i wasnt trolling.