• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2013 Thread

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not saying trade max for bullpen help, i expect a huge return when hes traded, im not opposed to bullpen help being part of the package.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just saying put Max and Vmart out there to see what kind of offers are out there........

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. But without Max and VMart we'd be looking at a hole at third, second, the top of the rotation and the bullpen. (Unless somehow Travis could jump from Aball and produce, which seems like a big stretch, to me anyway) If the goal is saving money, it can't be a high price tag player(s) that's brought back in return. Unless DD doesn't have faith in Scherzer to stay among the top starters in baseball. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out for sure.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just saying put Max and Vmart out there to see what kind of offers are out there........

VMart....I think DD/Illitch made their bed with the 3 DH triumvirate of Miggy/Prince/Vmart. Just have to stick it out for one final year. Sadly it is likely Detroit won't even get a draft pick for him. I can't see him getting enough in trade to make it worthwhile to lose his bat.

A Scherzer trade is more of a financial move, but a trade should be explored....for gaining a couple of top level prospects....not for getting a relief pitcher or a mediocre lf or 2b. I'm thinking a Profar or Orioles' Gausman.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VMart....I think DD/Illitch made their bed with the 3 DH triumvirate of Miggy/Prince/Vmart. Just have to stick it out for one final year. Sadly it is likely Detroit won't even get a draft pick for him. I can't see him getting enough in trade to make it worthwhile to lose his bat.

A Scherzer trade is more of a financial move, but a trade should be explored....for gaining a couple of top level prospects....not for getting a relief pitcher or a mediocre lf or 2b. I'm thinking a Profar or Orioles' Gausman.

I agree VMart won't be traded for prospect(s). In the unlikely event he is moved, it will be for an overpriced but used piece that fits OUR puzzle. VMart is a very talented and valuable player, just not to the Tigers because of the Miggy/Prince situation but others might be willing to give up a veteran 3B or LF for him.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree VMart won't be traded for prospect(s). In the unlikely event he is moved, it will be for an overpriced but used piece that fits OUR puzzle. VMart is a very talented and valuable player, just not to the Tigers because of the Miggy/Prince situation but others might be willing to give up a veteran 3B or LF for him.

Problem in trading VMart is the limited market for him. A lot of teams have a DH already in place - Ortiz, Butler, even Adam Dunn. Yankees have Jeter and maybe ARod to deal with. Other AL teams may not want to spend the money for a one year rental, especially for a DH. Might be tough for DD to even find a trade partner who was willing to offer any decent value.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how can you say scherzer wont have another great year?

you see him losing speed on that fast ball?
the guy has learned to pitch. his stuff is so good.
I can see him winning 20 next year.

As great as Max was this past season, he's had exactly ONE season with an ERA under 3.00. In fact, that's also his only season with an ERA under 3.50. I'm quite sure he will have a good season in 2014, I just don't expect another GREAT season where his trade value will be this high.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure DD is trying to add the pieces he needs, while keeping Scherzer (and VMart). While it makes a ton of sense to trade Scherzer now.....Detroit may take the gamble and keep him, hoping he gets close to his 2013 stats and gets them into the post-season again. DD needs to pull off another trade miracle and, somehow, still keep Scherzer.....odds are against him however.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing new to see here but CBS is reporting on it.......

ORLANDO -- The Tigers have told teams they will listen to trade offers for pitchers Max Scherzer or Rick Porcello.
It's unusual to hear those two names together since Scherzer is the presumed Cy Young winner while Porcello hasn't developed beyond a solid back-of-the-rotation starter, but that apparently was the message.
Some rival general managers remain skeptical that the Tigers, a team that's spent to win in recent years, would actually trade Scherzer. But as we reported last month, Tigers people have been weighing that very possibility.
The issue apparently is that Scherzer, who is represented by Scott Boras, has only a year remaining before he's a free agent. It certainly isn't his performance, as he went 21-3 with a 2.90 ERA and league-leading 0.97 WHIP. As reported earlier, the Nationals have long had an interest in Scherzer. They would be far from the only interested team, however.
Porcello is also a free agent after this coming season.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing new to see here but CBS is reporting on it.......

ORLANDO -- The Tigers have told teams they will listen to trade offers for pitchers Max Scherzer or Rick Porcello.
It's unusual to hear those two names together since Scherzer is the presumed Cy Young winner while Porcello hasn't developed beyond a solid back-of-the-rotation starter, but that apparently was the message.
Some rival general managers remain skeptical that the Tigers, a team that's spent to win in recent years, would actually trade Scherzer. But as we reported last month, Tigers people have been weighing that very possibility.
The issue apparently is that Scherzer, who is represented by Scott Boras, has only a year remaining before he's a free agent. It certainly isn't his performance, as he went 21-3 with a 2.90 ERA and league-leading 0.97 WHIP. As reported earlier, the Nationals have long had an interest in Scherzer. They would be far from the only interested team, however.
Porcello is also a free agent after this coming season.

The Detroit Lions have asked DD to see if he can trade VMart for a running back than can catch a screen pass. I'd hate to think that some Lion's fans are setting their gun sights on the Lion's running back coach.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Detroit Lions have asked DD to see if he can trade VMart for a running back than can catch a screen pass. I'd hate to think that some Lion's fans are setting their gun sights on the Lion's running back coach.

Hahaha, you wouldn't know, your not allowed on the Lions Board, but I'm pretty sure most Lions fans would tell you they are plenty happy with Reggie Bush and Joique Bell. (me being one of them)

Lions 6-3 Cardinals 5-4....Don't start falling back in the NFC West, you already have two teams ahead of you, Kind of hard to make up that kind of ground in the NFL, it's not baseball where you have another 100 games to play.:laugh3:

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Muzz, I am allowed on the Lions board, but my doctor advises me to stay away from the paranoid schitzos found there, like Lions=Sucks. Those types abound there. You know the ones....when the Lions score they are yelling "Playoffs, Superbowl". When the other team scores or recovers a fumbles, etc...then its "Fire the coaching staff and Bench that guy" and "Games Over". Some of them switch direction every minute, if the game is close. I prefer the Wolverine fans....they just quietly disappear when things go bad.

Chief602

Resident Wookie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:finger:Never new a traffic cone could double as a douche bag?!?!?!?!?

All you do is come here to:ss:!!!!!

Guess I'll check back in in a few weeks, good luck fellas!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Max Scherzer announced as a landslide Cy Young winner today. 28 of 30 first-place votes.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone on MLBTradeRumors suggested a Doug Fister for Howie Kendricks trade. I'd be OK with that if LA equals up the cash difference. Kendricks is owed around $19mil thru 2015. Porcello for Kendricks might be interesting, but they might want something added there.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone on MLBTradeRumors suggested a Doug Fister for Howie Kendricks trade. I'd be OK with that if LA equals up the cash difference. Kendricks is owed around $19mil thru 2015. Porcello for Kendricks might be interesting, but they might want something added there.

Insane. Fister is probably the third untouchable on this team because of the value. Maybe if he has a CY caliber season in '14 he will be expendable.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Max Scherzer.. your 2013 CY YOUNG WINNER!

well deserved. he had a great season.

Cy Young .. isn't that a Detroit tiger tradition lately???

fist bump tiger fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now trade fister????? and Scherzer???? wtf???

starting pitching like the Tigers have is hard to find. It would be foolish to trade dougie or even max!!