• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit game

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They faced 3 of the top teams that get after the QB from last year, the last 3 weeks. And only given up 3 sacks in 3 games.
What more do they have to PROVE .
I think Cincy's front 4 is better than Detroits. I think our guys will handle the situation. Besides Detroit doesn't blitz as much as Pitt. where 2 of the sacks came from.
If you told me Jay would be sacked 1 time in 2 games vs Minny & Cincy well, I think you know about wet dreams. :lol:

I'm not just talking about pass protection. They've missed their fair share of run blocking assignments. Especially the rookies on the right side. Cincy shut Forte down pretty well.

I'm looking for a big day out him against Detroit's front, then I'm sold.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both D's have sucked . Detroit # 18 the Bears 25th in total D.
The over / under for the game is 47-47.5 The highest for Bears game this year. Vegas is funny.
Which makes me think it'll be D battle.
Just think TOs & STs decide this game.
I'm goin w/the under in this 1.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not just talking about pass protection. They've missed their fair share of run blocking assignments. Especially the rookies on the right side. Cincy shut Forte down pretty well.

I'm looking for a big day out him against Detroit's front, then I'm sold.

Forte hasn't been getting hit as soon as he gets the ball . That in itself is an improvement.
If he's to have a big day, it'll be in the passing game. Kromer likes to run the ball between the tackles, but their front 4 is stout. Won't see much success there. Also like a couple of their LBs. Running outside might have some success , but how often can you do that?
I think progression of the O-line will be measured by how clean Jay has been kept , not on Forte's rushing totals. Which really haven't been bad up till now.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forte hasn't been getting hit as soon as he gets the ball . That in itself is an improvement.
If he's to have a big day, it'll be in the passing game. Kromer likes to run the ball between the tackles, but their front 4 is stout. Won't see much success there. Also like a couple of their LBs. Running outside might have some success , but how often can you do that?
I think progression of the O-line will be measured by how clean Jay has been kept , not on Forte's rushing totals. Which really haven't been bad up till now.

The run blocking was actually good last season, so it's definitely taken a step backwards.

I realize this line has looked good early on. I just don't completely buy into anything after only three weeks of football.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm nervous about this game. I truly believe Detroit is a good team and they will make a serious run at the NFCN this season (with GB and the Bears). They have a great DLine that will put a lot of pressure on Cutler, and their run D is damn good. But they have poor DB play and they are susceptible to big plays... Which is exactly what I would say about the Bears. That being said, I think Detroit has the advantage because of the offense. I don't think Bush runs all over the Bears, but I do think Stafford shreds the D. The Bears will put up points in h 2nd half, but it will be just a little too late.

38-28 Lions.

The Bears will win in Chicago later in the season.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key will be in Linehan's play calling. It's been suspect his entire time here in the D. If he can get his head out of his and call a good game, we have a shot. If not, it's all Bears, all fuckin day long. Ugh. :(

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm nervous about this game. I truly believe Detroit is a good team and they will make a serious run at the NFCN this season (with GB and the Bears). They have a great DLine that will put a lot of pressure on Cutler, and their run D is damn good. But they have poor DB play and they are susceptible to big plays... Which is exactly what I would say about the Bears. That being said, I think Detroit has the advantage because of the offense. I don't think Bush runs all over the Bears, but I do think Stafford shreds the D. The Bears will put up points in h 2nd half, but it will be just a little too late.

38-28 Lions.

The Bears will win in Chicago later in the season.

Detroit is a team with very good talent but, IMO, very poor coaching. The lack of discipline makes them susceptible to huge momentum swings. If Bush is healthy that will help Broyles replace Burleson and the offense should click. Stafford's decision making will be the key for our offense.

Detroit's D will definitely give up big plays. Lately it has been in the form of PI calls. Our CB's don't seem to be able to find the ball. Expect 3-4 calls against them. If we can get pressure against your improved line with our front 4 but they can be overly aggressive making them susceptible to big running plays as well. Not sure if Forte is up to the task though.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see the Bears DB's really struggling Sunday. This pass rush hasn't been doing them any favors. I could easily see a few PI's and holding calls.

As far as the battle at the line of scrimmage. On offense for the Bears, that's one of the more intriguing match ups. If the Bears offensive line is truly "revamped", then this their chance to prove it.

Stafford has only been sacked twice so far, but the Lions haven't faced a D as good as the Bears usually are. I expect a relatively high scoring game.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit is a team with very good talent but, IMO, very poor coaching. The lack of discipline makes them susceptible to huge momentum swings. If Bush is healthy that will help Broyles replace Burleson and the offense should click. Stafford's decision making will be the key for our offense.

Detroit's D will definitely give up big plays. Lately it has been in the form of PI calls. Our CB's don't seem to be able to find the ball. Expect 3-4 calls against them. If we can get pressure against your improved line with our front 4 but they can be overly aggressive making them susceptible to big running plays as well. Not sure if Forte is up to the task though.

You just summed up what I've been saying about the Lions for the entire Schwartz era.

Thank you.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it so much better when we play nice?

Thank you jalopy and wazman

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The run blocking was actually good last season, so it's definitely taken a step backwards.

I realize this line has looked good early on. I just don't completely buy into anything after only three weeks of football.

Absolutely. Not only does that apply to the positives, but also the (ahem ahem) negatives, too...:rollseyes:

Generally, its not until week 8 or 9 before I get a feel for whos good/bad...and that landscape changes also.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The year before was the shootout in Detroit that Calvin got the touchdown stolen at the end. I remember watching that one from a pool bar in Vegas. All that water hid my tears.

Thought that game was in chicago...

Chicago will throw quick passes and detroits pass rush wont matter.....forte will easily beat our LB's on passing routes.....hopefully detroit can keep scoring and not turn it over.....the lions should win at home, but lack of recievers will hurt them.....burelson is hurt....edwards is banged up.....pettigrew drops everything.....just cover CJ and bush and the bears win.....lets hope not

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure hope detroit wins though....being a lion fan living in chicago.....but its detroits coaches that really scare me....

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. Not only does that apply to the positives, but also the (ahem ahem) negatives, too...:rollseyes:

Generally, its not until week 8 or 9 before I get a feel for whos good/bad...and that landscape changes also.

Good point, very true.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

According to ESPN the Bears ranked in the 30's in both runs up the middle & runs stopped behind the line of scrimmage last year.
How is that good? And I haven't seen anything that tells me Our O-line has taken a step backward.
We've played 3 pretty good D's to start the season. We got 3 Ws to backup the O-line play.
And we have 2 guys who are just learning the NFL game.

Just curious , how have they taken a step backwards?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to ESPN the Bears ranked in the 30's in both runs up the middle & runs stopped behind the line of scrimmage last year.
How is that good? And I haven't seen anything that tells me Our O-line has taken a step backward.
We've played 3 pretty good D's to start the season. We got 3 Ws to backup the O-line play.
And we have 2 guys who are just learning the NFL game.

Just curious , how have they taken a step backwards?

The Bears run blocking has been solid for the past few years now. In 2012, it let down a bit, but it was still pretty effective.

On film, if you re-watch the games, you will see a lot of missed assignments on the right side from our rookies. Long looked pretty bad in week one, despite everyone being happy with his pass protection and couple of pull plays he had. He's athletic and great when he moves, but he's susceptible to being beat hat to hat. It's all apart of the learning curve.

We've played two good defenses, not three. The Vikings just gave up 30 plus to the Browns... THE BROWNS. They've surrendered 30 plus in every game they've played. The Bengals shut down Forte pretty darn well, and outside of one long run. Forte and Bush were rather ineffective in Pittsburgh. Struggling at the goal line, and getting blown off the ball like the Bears O-line did on that possession. Is a direct result of poor run blocking.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions are a different team at home. FF gets loud (not hipster Seahawk loud, but loud) and the pass game benefits from the dome. I think the Lions and Bears split again this year, each winning on their home turf.

Lions 31
Bears 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions are a different team at home. FF gets loud (not hipster Seahawk loud, but loud) and the pass game benefits from the dome. I think the Lions and Bears split again this year, each winning on their home turf.

Lions 31
Bears 28

I can see that. The x factor is turnovers tho. Without them I see us both winning at home. But if either team gets the edge in turnovers then that team will win.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears run blocking has been solid for the past few years now. In 2012, it let down a bit, but it was still pretty effective.

On film, if you re-watch the games, you will see a lot of missed assignments on the right side from our rookies. Long looked pretty bad in week one, despite everyone being happy with his pass protection and couple of pull plays he had. He's athletic and great when he moves, but he's susceptible to being beat hat to hat. It's all apart of the learning curve.

We've played two good defenses, not three. The Vikings just gave up 30 plus to the Browns... THE BROWNS. They've surrendered 30 plus in every game they've played. The Bengals shut down Forte pretty darn well, and outside of one long run. Forte and Bush were rather ineffective in Pittsburgh. Struggling at the goal line, and getting blown off the ball like the Bears O-line did on that possession. Is a direct result of poor run blocking.

To be fair, Bush actually scored on all three of his attempts IMO. All 3 crossed the plane, the first one (unchallenged) being the most obvious.