• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit game

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much offense will be needed to beat Det this week? We need 4 qtrs. of offense this week. And a few TO's from the Def. How do you guys see this game going? PS. Det fans welcome to post.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not going to be easy, and with injurys beginning to pile up, I'm a little nervous. I can see this game going a few ways, and with either team winning a close one. I dont feel a blowout is going to happen, and will probably end up with whoever scores last winning. If the Bears protect Cutler, they win. If Reggie Bush torches our LBs regularly, Lions win.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope they score 30+ points, and i think they can limit Detroit if Tillman plays well.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much offense will be needed to beat Det this week? We need 4 qtrs. of offense this week. And a few TO's from the Def. How do you guys see this game going? PS. Det fans welcome to post.

If Fairley is healthy Detroit should get a good push up the middle. Hopefully Suh plays within the rules. I think the Melton and Jones injuries should be a wash but losing Burleson will hurt if Broyles can't step up.

Overall, I think Detroit will have enough firepower with Bush and CJ to score some points and the Detroit defense should be able to pressure JC (although your line has done a commendable job thus far). In a turnover neutral game I see the Lions winning 27-17 but there might be a little homerism shining through.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Fairley is healthy Detroit should get a good push up the middle. Hopefully Suh plays within the rules. I think the Melton and Jones injuries should be a wash but losing Burleson will hurt if Broyles can't step up.

Overall, I think Detroit will have enough firepower with Bush and CJ to score some points and the Detroit defense should be able to pressure JC (although your line has done a commendable job thus far). In a turnover neutral game I see the Lions winning 27-17 but there might be a little homerism shining through.

The Lions could definitely win this game, but I can't possibly see the Lions holding the Bears to 17 points.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, this is going to be a shootout.

I see the both offenses having big days. It helps a bit that Burleson is out, even though you never like to hear about guys crashing cars over pizza boxes.

We need to score 30 plus.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to say it but this will be the first loss of the season. I see a close game with the lions squeaking out a victory.with no pass rushband a hurting Peanut it will be lights out for Calvin and Matt.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions could definitely win this game, but I can't possibly see the Lions holding the Bears to 17 points.

It depends on who wins the battle of the line and how many PI penalties or DB's get.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lions get a complete game out of Fairley & Bush I think they win. Broyles is another key for them. I think he's better than Burleson but last week was his first back from the torn ACL. It should be a good game.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on who wins the battle of the line and how many PI penalties or DB's get.

I could see the Bears DB's really struggling Sunday. This pass rush hasn't been doing them any favors. I could easily see a few PI's and holding calls.

As far as the battle at the line of scrimmage. On offense for the Bears, that's one of the more intriguing match ups. If the Bears offensive line is truly "revamped", then this their chance to prove it.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see the both offenses having big days. It helps a bit that Burleson is out, even though you never like to hear about guys crashing cars over pizza boxes.

Agreed, pizza is in short supply these days.

Without turnovers I can't see you guys getting 30.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well... that's what our defense is good at doing.

The Bears offense has faired pretty well against the Lions since Cutler got here. Forte has been outstanding.

I wouldn't be shocked to see them have a big day. I've had my complaints about this team, but very few of them have been on the offensive side of the ball. I wouldn't underestimate the Bears passing game. When the chips have been down, this entire unit has come to play.

It also wouldn't surprise me to see the Lions front four beat up on Cutler. We shall see.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... that's what our defense is good at doing.

The Bears offense has faired pretty well against the Lions since Cutler got here. Forte has been outstanding.

I wouldn't be shocked to see them have a big day. I've had my complaints about this team, but very few of them have been on the offensive side of the ball. I wouldn't underestimate the Bears passing game. When the chips have been down, this entire unit has come to play.

It also wouldn't surprise me to see the Lions front four beat up on Cutler. We shall see.

I was at the Monday night game last year and both offenses looked pathetic.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the Monday night game last year and both offenses looked pathetic.

Yeah, I actually forgot about that game. That was a sad display.

The last game of the season wasn't pretty either. I guess I'm thinking about Cutler's first few years. Right after I posted that, I realized I was wrong.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I actually forgot about that game. That was a sad display.

The last game of the season wasn't pretty either. I guess I'm thinking about Cutler's first few years. Right after I posted that, I realized I was wrong.

The year before was the shootout in Detroit that Calvin got the touchdown stolen at the end. I remember watching that one from a pool bar in Vegas. All that water hid my tears.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler is gonna have a big day, Stafford too. IMO.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bingo.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is not the Bears offense you know. We can hang points on both sides of the ball this year, ST's too.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not the Bears offense you know. We can hang points on both sides of the ball this year, ST's too.

You could certainly be right. I am certainly not an expert. I just think that Detroit gets a good push at the line of scrimmage and should be able to contain Cutler if the DB's can play a solid game. I know your OLine is much improved and Cutler looks comfortable. With your defense ailing a bit, I don't see them forcing turnovers if Detroit isn't being generous.

In the end, I am a Detroit fan but not an avid one. I just think home field advantage can get them the win in this one. I just am hoping for a good, clean game.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see the Bears DB's really struggling Sunday. This pass rush hasn't been doing them any favors. I could easily see a few PI's and holding calls.

As far as the battle at the line of scrimmage. On offense for the Bears, that's one of the more intriguing match ups. If the Bears offensive line is truly "revamped", then this their chance to prove it.

They faced 3 of the top teams that get after the QB from last year, the last 3 weeks. And only given up 3 sacks in 3 games.
What more do they have to PROVE .
I think Cincy's front 4 is better than Detroits. I think our guys will handle the situation. Besides Detroit doesn't blitz as much as Pitt. where 2 of the sacks came from.
If you told me Jay would be sacked 1 time in 2 games vs Minny & Cincy well, I think you know about wet dreams. :lol: