• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deshaun Watson would consider D.C.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you are going to point out all of Wentz's struggles during camp b/c you want him to fail. Yes its common sense fans want to see the team win. Not bash the team like you. You dont know if a team will get stomped in the playoffs. Teams pull upsets all the time and you refuse to admit it. duke, go hate somewhere else. This board is for fans of the team. Its so obvious you are not a fan.
I want Sam Howell to start, there is a difference. I have said that for quite some time. Out of the two QBs, I believe Howell has a better chance of leading the team in the long term. I am not saying Howell is ready NOW or should start NOW, but I do believe we would be in better hands with Howell over Wentz. Wentz has literally failed everywhere he has gone.

It is not me who is pointing out his struggles, it's the national media and team blogs. Pick another source if you want.

Teams pull off upsets all the time. Where did I say upsets NEVER happen?

You want me to leave because I fall into a "majority category"? As Skinsdad said, you don't get to determine who leaves. If Skinsdad, Sty, or Breed want me gone. I will head out. Sounds good?

Last edited:

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what if the skins went 13-4 and all thirteen wins came against said teams backup qbs? would anyone on this board feel good about game 1 of the playoffs? i'm betting dean would be the only one.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what if the skins went 13-4 and all thirteen wins came against said teams backup qbs? would anyone on this board feel good about game 1 of the playoffs? i'm betting dean would be the only one.
I started to write a post like that. If 9-8 was the best they can do would you prefer 8-9? Anyone that says they would prefer is nuts. You play to win the game.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard the same comments about Wentz being up and down. All that said why don't you let the coaches work with him and see where it goes. I don't think Howell should see the field this year.

Wentz has had some struggles, no one mentions he was well on his way to MVP when he got hurt. If he doesn't work out ... then it is just one more year in the "I told you replacing Cousins wasn't going to be easy."

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right!

I want Young and Sweat to line up opposite of Dak, Mahomes, Hebert, and any other elite QB in the league and tee off on them every dropback. I want Allen and Payne to bury a Jonathan Taylor or Derrick Henry after they cross the line of scrimmage. I cannot for the life of me celebrate or hope for elite opposing players to get suspended, get the stomach flu, or pray they miss the game for any reason. Heck, bring in Marino, Montana, or Unitas in their prime....I would feel the same.

Actively thumping our chest because we have the "easiest schedule" or praying for a Watson suspension is incomprehensible to me. Getting help or wishing ill on other teams/players so we can sneak into the playoffs is absurd to me. I can assure you the players do not see it that way.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard the same comments about Wentz being up and down. All that said why don't you let the coaches work with him and see where it goes. I don't think Howell should see the field this year.

Wentz has had some struggles, no one mentions he was well on his way to MVP when he got hurt. If he doesn't work out ... then it is just one more year in the "I told you replacing Cousins wasn't going to be easy."
I understand that but the red flags are already there. He struggles with tough coaching and it's already present. That should be a concern. The scouting reports appear to be accurate at this time. It's between the ears. I love what Barkley said about Wentz.

Yes, Howell will not see the field this year. I want to see him in preseason though.

Yes, I want Cousins back for sure.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Sam Howell to start, there is a difference. I have said that for quite some time. Out of the two QBs, I believe Howell has a better chance of leading the team in the long term. I am not saying Howell is ready NOW or should start NOW, but I do believe we would be in better hands with Howell over Wentz. Wentz has literally failed everywhere he has gone.

It is not me who is pointing out his struggles, it's the national media and team blogs. Pick another source if you want.

Teams pull off upsets all the time. Where did I say upsets NEVER happen?

You want me to leave because I fall into a "majority category"? As Skinsdad said, you don't get to determine who leaves. If Skinsdad, Sty, or Breed want me gone. I will head out. Sounds good?

All your posts are negative. Give Wentz a shot this year, let see what he can do. Im keeping an open mind going into the season, you are not. I could care less if you stay or go but why post here if it's all negative?

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started to write a post like that. If 9-8 was the best they can do would you prefer 8-9? Anyone that says they would prefer is nuts. You play to win the game.
if game 17 is a win and get in the show, sure. if game 17 is meaningless i think ambivalent is the word you're looking for here. if they win cool, if they don't oh well.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All your posts are negative. Give Wentz a shot this year, let see what he can do. Im keeping an open mind going into the season, you are not. I could care less if you stay or go but why post here if it's all negative?
Well, I have been here for years. I came over from the ESPN board and was there since I was in college in the early 2000's. I post here for the posters in all honesty.

I have been posting with some of these posters for years...literally. Skinsdad and Shark are probably the posters I have known the longest. I remember laughing my head off in my dorm room watching Skinsdad dismantle Fletch and TexRich...LOL. Fun times. Skinsdad has always been solid. We don't see eye to eye on everything, but we both support the team. We have been on the same page most of the time since the ESPN days. Skinsdad calls out the crap with the team, but also gives credit when due. He is a level-headed fan and a great moderator. He has the ability to bring in the past and tie it to the present and future. Skinsdad has probably forgotten most of the Cowboys trolls (there were tons of them), but he was the troll butt kicker for sure. He, Shark, and Goldy were the defenders of the Skins castle during the ESPN days.

Shark has always been a great dude. I wish we saw more of him. I miss that guy. He is always blunt and to the point. He is funnier than he thinks and always has the big picture in mind. If there was one poster who literally should go into an NFL front office, it might be Shark.

Breed has the ability to say the right thing at the right time. He should be a writer for SNL or Comedy Central. Very witty, but also very analytical. When he posts, you better read it because it is important. Never met him, but he has to be a great person in life.

Stymie is a walking encyclopedia. Very wise and stays positive when things get bad. When he says something...take it to the bank. He freaking knows this team frontwards and backwards. Very good person. I enjoy chatting with him quite a bit. He needs to work for the team in some capacity.

There are lots of other folks on here who are great to speak with. They know who they are. All the posters I mentioned tolerate me and realize I can be annoying, but, they still treat me well and I enjoy the conversation. They have all served as a Monday morning therapist over the years to me with this team.

This is why I stick around. Skins2winz is awesome as well. Smart, funny, and always calling a spade a spade. Same with DCRising...solid, solid poster.

There are simply tons of folks who are great to chat with.

Last edited:

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I have been here for years. I came over from the ESPN board and was there since I was in college in the early 2000's. I post here for the posters in all honesty.

I have been posting with some of these posters for years...literally. Skinsdad and Shark are probably the posters I have known the longest. I remember laughing my head off in my dorm room watching Skinsdad dismantle Fletch and TexRich...LOL. Fun times. Skinsdad has always been solid. We don't see eye to eye on everything, but we both support the team. We have been on the same page most of the time since the ESPN days. Skinsdad calls out the crap with the team, but also gives credit when due. He is a level-headed fan and a great moderator. He has the ability to bring in the past and tie it to the present and future. Skinsdad has probably forgotten most of the Cowboys trolls (there were tons of them), but he was the troll butt kicker for sure. He, Shark, and Goldy were the defenders of the Skins castle during the ESPN days.

Shark has always been a great dude. I wish we saw more of him. I miss that guy. He is always blunt and to the point. He is funnier than he thinks and always has the big picture in mind. If there was one poster who literally should go into an NFL front office, it might be Shark.

Breed has the ability to say the right thing at the right time. He should be a writer for SNL or Comedy Central. Very witty, but also very analytical. When he posts, you better read it because it is important. Never met him, but he has to be a great person in life.

Stymie is a walking encyclopedia. Very wise and stays positive when things get bad. When he says something...take it to the bank. He freaking knows this team frontwards and backwards. Very good person. I enjoy chatting with him quite a bit. He needs to work for the team in some capacity.

There are lots of other folks on here who are great to speak with. They know who they are. All the posters I mentioned tolerate me and realize I can be annoying, but, they still treat me well and I enjoy the conversation. They have all served as a Monday morning therapist over the years to me with this team.

This is why I stick around. Skins2winz is awesome as well. Smart, funny, and always calling a spade a spade. Same with DCRising...solid, solid poster.

Thanks duke. I have to say i don't have to chime in a lot because when i start scrolling through and reading your posts you hit on a lot of what i would say. but yeah i started at the espn board on a different name, went to a board that dad posted at and i was a moderator of the skins board there, and then split my time between the remnants of that board and here.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

College in the early 2000s .... yikes. You were a kid if you saw the Redskins when they were good. Sooo long ago. I became a fan in 1964 Sonny came down from Philly, Bobby Mitchell, Huff, Taylor, Krause, Jerry Smith and Hanburger. Lombardi turned things around for a year and a couple of years later Allen and shortly after Joe Gibbs arrived. 70s and 80s the glory years. I miss that so much.

This team hasn't been good since 1991. Long ass time ago.

I remember ESPN forum days. I was not going to come over to the Hoop if it was the same as the ESPN forum. I am hoping for one last chance at a championship .... not holding my breath though.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College in the early 2000s .... yikes. You were a kid if you saw the Redskins when they were good. Sooo long ago. I became a fan in 1964 Sonny came down from Philly, Bobby Mitchell, Huff, Taylor, Krause, Jerry Smith and Hanburger. Lombardi turned things around for a year and a couple of years later Allen and shortly after Joe Gibbs arrived. 70s and 80s the glory years. I miss that so much.

This team hasn't been good since 1991. Long ass time ago.

I remember ESPN forum days. I was not going to come over to the Hoop if it was the same as the ESPN forum. I am hoping for one last chance at a championship .... not holding my breath though.
I don't remember you on the ESPN board? Did you change names?

Yes, I was on the tail end of the good ole days for sure.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks duke. I have to say i don't have to chime in a lot because when i start scrolling through and reading your posts you hit on a lot of what i would say. but yeah i started at the espn board on a different name, went to a board that dad posted at and i was a moderator of the skins board there, and then split my time between the remnants of that board and here.
Sweet! So glad some of the old crew came over here. There were (and still obviously are) some amazing folks here. You remember what happened to Simple Sandwich Man, Reptec, Goldy, etc? We literally have some of the best fans in the game. We are shrinking, but still strong. No bandwagon fans we have to worry about.

I always enjoy your perspective on things. There are some very wise, and seasoned posters who we are lucky to have around.

Last edited:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember you on the ESPN board? Did you change names?

Yes, I was on the tail end of the good ole days for sure.
Yeah but damn if I can remember what my name used to be. I became Sportster 72 in 2013 when I bought my last Sporty. I think I even quit for awhile. I started about 2010 - 2011 and didn't comment a lot. I didn't like the crap with some of the Dallas trolls. I think I got a lot more involved when they in position to draft Griffin. I was dead against that from day 1. It was a lot better when we moved to the Hoop. The "Ignore" button is a wonderful thing. :D God bless you guys who go back and forth with some of the posters who change what they say, move the goal posts and don't own up when they are wrong. I miss Shark and ehb5. I am sure there are more that I am forgetting about but those two stand out in my mind.

I know Sty and dad were around for 60s Redskins. I always get a kick out of dad saying he became a Jurgensen fan because they were both red heads. It was such a different time. They were our loveable losers. You could only watch away games on TV, we listened to away games on the radio with Steve Gilmartin. There were very few team hats or jerseys. Larry Brown was my favorite player and I wore his number in HS. I was in Marlow Heights one day and saw a jersey with his number .... no name. I wore the jersey until the numbers wore off. Who would have believed they got Lombardi to come out of retirement but then he died a year later.

Allen came two years later. I am pretty sure that is when the Ashburn practice facility was built ... 50 years ago. I remember Edward Bennet Williams introducing George Allen and saying "I gave George an unlimited expense account and he has already exceeded it." LOL Fun days, we would have won that Super Bowl In 1972 if Jurgensen could have played. The Redskins had a great defense, Larry Brown was one of the best RBs in the game and they had Charley Taylor, Jerry Smith and Roy "Sweet Pea" Jefferson. No offense to Kilmer but he wasn't anything close to what Jurgensen was. Fun days but I was just a teenager.

The last time I got my hopes up when was when Cousins became the starter but it was evident after his first full year starting that they weren't going to pay him. They could have had him for cheap if they played it right. My guess is they never forgave him (or Shanahan) for him being better than Griffin.

This years draft saved me or I might have said screw it. Dotson, BRob and Howell .... that Turner kid could be a player too.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but damn if I can remember what my name used to be. I became Sportster 72 in 2013 when I bought my last Sporty. I think I even quit for awhile. I started about 2010 - 2011 and didn't comment a lot. I didn't like the crap with some of the Dallas trolls. I think I got a lot more involved when they in position to draft Griffin. I was dead against that from day 1. It was a lot better when we moved to the Hoop. The "Ignore" button is a wonderful thing. :D God bless you guys who go back and forth with some of the posters who change what they say, move the goal posts and don't own up when they are wrong. I miss Shark and ehb5. I am sure there are more that I am forgetting about but those two stand out in my mind.

I know Sty and dad were around for 60s Redskins. I always get a kick out of dad saying he became a Jurgensen fan because they were both red heads. It was such a different time. They were our loveable losers. You could only watch away games on TV, we listened to away games on the radio with Steve Gilmartin. There were very few team hats or jerseys. Larry Brown was my favorite player and I wore his number in HS. I was in Marlow Heights one day and saw a jersey with his number .... no name. I wore the jersey until the numbers wore off. Who would have believed they got Lombardi to come out of retirement but then he died a year later.

Allen came two years later. I am pretty sure that is when the Ashburn practice facility was built ... 50 years ago. I remember Edward Bennet Williams introducing George Allen and saying "I gave George an unlimited expense account and he has already exceeded it." LOL Fun days, we would have won that Super Bowl In 1972 if Jurgensen could have played. The Redskins had a great defense, Larry Brown was one of the best RBs in the game and they had Charley Taylor, Jerry Smith and Roy "Sweet Pea" Jefferson. No offense to Kilmer but he wasn't anything close to what Jurgensen was. Fun days but I was just a teenager.

The last time I got my hopes up when was when Cousins became the starter but it was evident after his first full year starting that they weren't going to pay him. They could have had him for cheap if they played it right. My guess is they never forgave him (or Shanahan) for him being better than Griffin.

This years draft saved me or I might have said screw it. Dotson, BRob and Howell .... that Turner kid could be a player too.
Yeah, the Dallas trolls were insane. They simply would not stop. I will say this though, some of them were not the brightest folks and it was fun from time to time going back and forth with them. They would get banned and then come back with a new name. I think Eastbay literally got IP banned and had to post from a work computer....LOL. Skinsdad, Goldy, and Shark would beat them up pretty good.

The ESPN boards were pretty fun during free agency. Somebody would always start up a thread about Redskins One "firing up". Somebody actually had an airplane tracker or something if I remember right. Skinsdad or Gkeoka can probably speak to that. It was nuts seeing posts flashing saying "Skins sign ..............". Skins trade for .........". Interesting times indeed. You always thought the money would buy the wins...but it neve really did.

Yes, the Cousins days (as starter) were good while they lasted. You are right in that the organization seemed to resent Cousins for being better than Griffin. I thought RG3's first year was amazing and got caught up in the hype. It was obviously too good to be true. I was wrong. Treating Cousins the way they did was a mistake that has and will continue to haunt us.

I did get hyped for the Gibbs 2.0 era. Having lived in KC, I knew Al Saunders was legit and could put up insane numbers. He allegedly had a 700 page playbook or something?

I do like Turner alot and he seems special. Dotson will be fantastic I think. I see BRob being the lead back actually believe it or not.

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweet! So glad some of the old crew came over here. There were (and still obviously are) some amazing folks here. You remember what happened to Simple Sandwich Man, Reptec, Goldy, etc? We literally have some of the best fans in the game. We are shrinking, but still strong. No bandwagon fans we have to worry about.

I always enjoy your perspective on things. There are some very wise, and seasoned posters who we are lucky to have around.
i remembler goldy, shark, jkc's ghost, toressa, etc. long time

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ESPN boards were like the Wild West.
Then again you shouldnt blame me for that, I’m just a Simple Sandwich Man.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
banana man what a blast from the past , he tired to pass off an obscure actor picture as himself . school bus was insane

i think fletch was a deck builder from traverse city mi not too far from me

it was the wild west

thanks duke for the memories