• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DeSean Jackson released by Eagles!!!!!!

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayhew and the front office need to get the ball rolling on Suh's contract extension. They could free up the money and sign Jackson. It would give us great depth at the WR position.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure there's a gang in Detroit that will accept him.

I could see him going to the Raiders or Seahawks though......

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure there's a gang in Detroit that will accept him.

There are plenty of gangs that would take in DJax. Everyone already says Suh is a thug. Why not pick up a thug for the offense? He could teach Calvin Johnson how to Crip Dance and he can use it for his new end zone celebration, as they took dunking the ball out.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A one year deal in Detroit would be a good deal with Tate, CJ and Jackson....That would be scary.

Seattle could use him after losing Tate to us.

Or I could see him going to the Raiders and watch that clown show continue.....Raiders do love them some fast WRs.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are plenty of gangs that would take in DJax. Everyone already says Suh is a thug. Why not pick up a thug for the offense? He could teach Calvin Johnson how to Crip Dance and he can use it for his new end zone celebration, as they took dunking the ball out.

Suhs not a thug, he's smart, plays aggressive and has a few dirty plays....Some legit, some dirty.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope this becomes a trend.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, the humanity. If only they hadn't signed Tate!

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A one year deal in Detroit would be a good deal with Tate, CJ and Jackson....That would be scary.

Seattle could use him after losing Tate to us.

Or I could see him going to the Raiders and watch that clown show continue.....Raiders do love them some fast WRs.

I actually like what the Raiders have done this off-season. They've quietly put together a solid free agency. They're in a very good position heading into the draft.

They didn't make Nick Fairley lazy either so they already have a leg up on what the Lions have done as yet.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like what the Raiders have done this off-season. They've quietly put together a solid free agency. They're in a very good position heading into the draft.

Agreed, But with no QB, Raiders are still a hot mess with money.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, But with no QB, Raiders are still a hot mess with money.

The Raiders draft fifth. QB could certainly be in play.

But as to DeSean, he's good but it seems to be TO good. If someone could coach him, and get him to be a team player all the time, he would be great. But he's just one level below that. He's got the talent the Lions need, and the attitude/intangibles the Lions need to avoid. We already had a WR head case this decade, let it go.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Raiders had an awful FA. First they lost their own capable LT to the Cardinals, then in a panic, the GM and owner clashed over the Saffold signing. This has created a massive hole at LT when they probably planned to take their QB in round 1. Now what do they do?

On top of that, they overpaid a bunch of big name vets who have run out of fuel; Tuck, MJD, Woodley etc...even worse, their 1st round pick from last year looks like a potential bust.

Imo they are in a very tough position heading into the draft. Do they draft a LT to replace the two they fumbled away, or take a QB and risk him getting killed out there? Or do they draft another corner hoping to hit big on a position that is clearly very important to them?

I like the Raiders. I'm always interested in what they are doing. But rarely does it ever work out for them.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders had an awful FA. First they lost their own capable LT to the Cardinals, then in a panic, the GM and owner clashed over the Saffold signing. This has created a massive hole at LT when they probably planned to take their QB in round 1. Now what do they do?

On top of that, they overpaid a bunch of big name vets who have run out of fuel; Tuck, MJD, Woodley etc...even worse, their 1st round pick from last year looks like a potential bust.

Imo they are in a very tough position heading into the draft. Do they draft a LT to replace the two they fumbled away, or take a QB and risk him getting killed out there? Or do they draft another corner hoping to hit big on a position that is clearly very important to them?

I like the Raiders. I'm always interested in what they are doing. But rarely does it ever work out for them.

Matt Schaub, James Jones, MJD, Justin Tuck, Lamar Woodley. Pretty sure they did end up signing a LT. Schaub's deal is 2014 heavy(like 8.5) but then becomes very easy to cut bait if he doesn't return to form. They've added some Vets that can be great stop-gaps over the next couple of years while they get their draft picks some exp.

There is always potential for busts, it happens. At least now it doesn't cripple a team financially. The draft always comes with crossed fingers no matter how "can't-miss" a prospect is.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They signed Donald Penn, LT from the Bucs. Stop gap type player, may or may not be well enough to pass on a OT in round 1. Almost impossible to ever figure out what the Raiders will do.

I like those names you listed a lot more a few years ago. I can't help but think Richard Seymour anytime I see a big name past his prime in black and silver.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll cost too much. I'd be all for it, but I just don't see us paying him what he wants.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll cost too much. I'd be all for it, but I just don't see us paying him what he wants.

He'd absolutely destroy defenses with Brady IMO. You guys are out of money too?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have 10 mil to throw around.

And yeah, I think he'd tear it up. Jackson, Dobson, Edelman, Lafell, Thompkins is a pretty solid WR group. If we can make it work I'm all for it (the gang rumors are tabloid drama I don't care about), but money just won't be there.

Last edited by a moderator:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have 10 mil to throw around.

You think he'll be looking for the same kind of cash the Iggles owed him? (Im not buying this gang bullshit actually being a reason. Mike Vick's an actual criminal. He's a dick and they owed him a lot of cash.)

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'll be looking for the most he can get, and I think he can get close to that unless the gang shit really scares people off.