• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Denver Broncos @ Seattle Seahawks

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I changed my mind due to whiny ass seattle bitches...Denver 33-17 :clap:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've heard it all before. Say what you want, just be man enough to come back after the game if you are wrong. You wouldn't be the first one to not be willing to own your words, but surprise us.

As for 'whiny' fans. Not sure I've seen anyone whine about this coming game. I mean if you really think the same team that barely escaped with a win against a terrible KC team at home is ready to destroy a team that doesn't lose at home then by all means own it, but stop making up excuses for it.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll own you like the old AFC West days.

bring-it.jpg

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've heard it all before. Say what you want, just be man enough to come back after the game if you are wrong. You wouldn't be the first one to not be willing to own your words, but surprise us.

As for 'whiny' fans. Not sure I've seen anyone whine about this coming game. I mean if you really think the same team that barely escaped with a win against a terrible KC team at home is ready to destroy a team that doesn't lose at home then by all means own it, but stop making up excuses for it.

Been there, done that.

Denver wins 23-20

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I changed my mind due to whiny ass seattle bitches...Denver 33-17
eusa_clap.gif

I would not call them whiny. I think arrogant, and who can blame them. They have had a solid team for the past few years and have one of the biggest SB blowouts in history.

I think seahawks win but I think/hope the broncos make a game of it. The broncos have the potential but they have not proved they can put it all together yet.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sportshoopla would be much better if the ignore list actually worked.

Being accused of not "reading to well" is what I get when arguing with a teenage girl, just saying. Malibu, please don't flatter yourself. Just Saying. I tend to read all comments without knowing who they are. Just Saying. Your comments have started standing out for the same complaints with just saying added to the end. Just saying.

Haha funny stuff just saying

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about we change this up a bit and talk about match ups...So Seahawks fans many of us in Bronco Country watched last year as Indy actually found some success against your secondary...We watched some speed guys find a way to get behind your Corners a bit for some big plays. I bring this up to ask the question of are speed guys the few that can find a bit of success against your bigger corners? Or was that just a fluke? We brought in Emmanuel Sanders with the idea that his speed would be much better than what we had in Decker going up against press coverage.

Seattle fans also where do you see your team having the biggest advantage against the Broncos and also disadvantage?

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should be a very good game. Considering that they are playing in Seattle and the Seahawks were kind of embarrassed in their last game, they will be extra motivated.

If Denver does win this game that would be a huge statement for them.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should be a very good game. Considering that they are playing in Seattle and the Seahawks were kind of embarrassed in their last game, they will be extra motivated.

If Denver does win this game that would be a huge statement for them.

The Broncos were also "kind of embarrassed" in their last game against Seattle. Hopefully that translates to them also being "extra motivated"! LOL

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos were also "kind of embarrassed" in their last game against Seattle. Hopefully that translates to them also being "extra motivated"! LOL

Oh sure, except Seattle was embarrassed last week. So no more "we're the toughest dudes in the NFL, didn't you read the blogs" type of complacency. I think that and the home advantage is a big edge.

I think it's going to be a great game and as a Patriots fan I am certainly interested in seeing how good Denver is..

(Of course the Patriots have their own issues to work on)

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh sure, except Seattle was embarrassed last week. So no more "we're the toughest dudes in the NFL, didn't you read the blogs" type of complacency. I think that and the home advantage is a big edge.

I think it's going to be a great game and as a Patriots fan I am certainly interested in seeing how good Denver is..

(Of course the Patriots have their own issues to work on)

I definitely agree that Seattle will be very fired up. Seems to me that they really feed off the crowd at home. Perhaps having lost last week adds a bit more motivation, but I really do think that both teams should be highly motivated.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about we change this up a bit and talk about match ups...So Seahawks fans many of us in Bronco Country watched last year as Indy actually found some success against your secondary...We watched some speed guys find a way to get behind your Corners a bit for some big plays. I bring this up to ask the question of are speed guys the few that can find a bit of success against your bigger corners? Or was that just a fluke? We brought in Emmanuel Sanders with the idea that his speed would be much better than what we had in Decker going up against press coverage.

Seattle fans also where do you see your team having the biggest advantage against the Broncos and also disadvantage?

Honestly all teams are probably different at home and on the road. SD last week and Indy last year were not typical games by that defense even for road games, and we have not seen them play like that at home.

What advantages do we have? Percy Harvin and the crowd.

If this game was in Denver I would give the edge to the Broncos to win. The Clink is such a hard place for any QB, even HOF'ers to run their full offense with adjustments.

There are lots of reasons to believe this will be a very different game than the SB. Denver has a healthy team and a revamped defense. Seattle presumably won't be using their audible changes at the line against them (You would assume they will do better at changing up their language). The Seahawks are not as dominating in their secondary, primarily at nickle, do to attrition and injury. And everyone is still feeling out the rule emphasis changes. On the plus side Seattle's offense has been dialed in since the preseason and at home should be very explosive.

Neither team has hit their stride yet and this is Denver's first road test of the year. I expect mistakes and mismatches on both sides. Neither team should be expected to give up many turnovers. Both offenses should be able to move the ball, but I don't expect a lot of explosive plays.

Obviously I'd give an edge to Seattle because it's at home and Denver has not been dominating yet, but the game could go either way. A few mistakes here or there could spell the outcome.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly all teams are probably different at home and on the road. SD last week and Indy last year were not typical games by that defense even for road games, and we have not seen them play like that at home.

What advantages do we have? Percy Harvin and the crowd.

If this game was in Denver I would give the edge to the Broncos to win. The Clink is such a hard place for any QB, even HOF'ers to run their full offense with adjustments.

There are lots of reasons to believe this will be a very different game than the SB. Denver has a healthy team and a revamped defense. Seattle presumably won't be using their audible changes at the line against them (You would assume they will do better at changing up their language). The Seahawks are not as dominating in their secondary, primarily at nickle, do to attrition and injury. And everyone is still feeling out the rule emphasis changes. On the plus side Seattle's offense has been dialed in since the preseason and at home should be very explosive.

Neither team has hit their stride yet and this is Denver's first road test of the year. I expect mistakes and mismatches on both sides. Neither team should be expected to give up many turnovers. Both offenses should be able to move the ball, but I don't expect a lot of explosive plays.

Obviously I'd give an edge to Seattle because it's at home and Denver has not been dominating yet, but the game could go either way. A few mistakes here or there could spell the outcome.

I think that Wilson and Lynch also belong on that list. Mobile QBs have presented our defense problems the past two weeks and Kniles Davis ran the ball pretty effectively last week.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely agree that Seattle will be very fired up. Seems to me that they really feed off the crowd at home. Perhaps having lost last week adds a bit more motivation, but I really do think that both teams should be highly motivated.

Denver definitely has a lot to prove too. Even just for this season. They've reloaded and they want to see it work.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very nice thoughts WizardHawk. Broncos were one of the first to experience just how much of a difference Percy Harvin makes to this team. I was just commenting on the Broncos board that our kicker pulled his groin during the Chiefs game making his kick offs not quite get the altitude that they were earlier in the game and that could spell danger for the Broncos with Harvin back to make a play.

So far the Broncos and Seahawks have looked a bit in a funk. I guess you could call it the Super Bowl hang over. I think it is both teams have made some different changes to the roster and are still feeling out what they have at this point. You don't want to be peaking in September anyway. I do expect both teams to get better as the season progresses and that should be scary for the rest of the league.

The two areas I see the biggest improvement for the Broncos over Super Bowl game are Offensive Line and Pass Rush. Having Clady back is huge for this team. Clark got used and abused when left on an island last year. Having Clady means our team can rotate help to the right side knowing Clady most likely holds up just fine by himself. With the pass rush it isn't quite clicking for the Broncos yet but Miller is still getting back to full health as is Ware at this time. Miller looked much better in game 2 and I expect that to continue. He is still only playing about 60% of the snaps on defense though. This is why I wish this game was more like week 10 when all our guys coming back from injury were actually full go. It is one of the reasons I do give a slight edge to Seattle in this one. The homer in me still keeps picking the Broncos to win most times but logically Seattle most likely comes out on top. But hey any given Sunday and I would guess the Broncos will not be quite as flat for this one as they have been the first couple of weeks. Plus getting Welker back completely changes how we run our offense.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very nice thoughts WizardHawk. Broncos were one of the first to experience just how much of a difference Percy Harvin makes to this team. I was just commenting on the Broncos board that our kicker pulled his groin during the Chiefs game making his kick offs not quite get the altitude that they were earlier in the game and that could spell danger for the Broncos with Harvin back to make a play.

So far the Broncos and Seahawks have looked a bit in a funk. I guess you could call it the Super Bowl hang over. I think it is both teams have made some different changes to the roster and are still feeling out what they have at this point. You don't want to be peaking in September anyway. I do expect both teams to get better as the season progresses and that should be scary for the rest of the league.

The two areas I see the biggest improvement for the Broncos over Super Bowl game are Offensive Line and Pass Rush. Having Clady back is huge for this team. Clark got used and abused when left on an island last year. Having Clady means our team can rotate help to the right side knowing Clady most likely holds up just fine by himself. With the pass rush it isn't quite clicking for the Broncos yet but Miller is still getting back to full health as is Ware at this time. Miller looked much better in game 2 and I expect that to continue. He is still only playing about 60% of the snaps on defense though. This is why I wish this game was more like week 10 when all our guys coming back from injury were actually full go. It is one of the reasons I do give a slight edge to Seattle in this one. The homer in me still keeps picking the Broncos to win most times but logically Seattle most likely comes out on top. But hey any given Sunday and I would guess the Broncos will not be quite as flat for this one as they have been the first couple of weeks. Plus getting Welker back completely changes how we run our offense.

I think everyone is in agreement that Seattle is a whole different animal at home. They are very good on the road. But beatable.... Wilson on his career is 9-8 on the road (10-8 if you count the Superbowl neutral field) and 18-1 at home.... This year the GB game, vs the SD game. Just a different team altogether.

As for the SD and Indy games. both games required the other team to be near perfect on third down. T.Y. Hilton had himself a game (He got Browner the bigger former seattle corner good a few times) I think Maxwell is better in coverage then browner, not as big, but faster and stickier down field.

I think what concerns me most is our pass rush hasn't gelled yet. Clemons was a beast in the superbowl, and he needs to be replaced.

Also the new emphasis. The NFL changed the rules BECAUSE of what Seattle did to Denver in the superbowl so I foresee some third and longs being converted on ticky tack calls......

I am also concerned about the Names Denver signed in the off season. I havnet seen it really pay off yet for the Denver D, (two subpar performances almost gave away two big leads) But they have lots of individual talent. And if this game is close a talented guy can make a game changing play.

Honestly Im nervous about this game,,, Because Im always nervous.... Im a Seattle sports fan and a WSU fan....thats what our history has done to us.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one thats upset that this game isnt a Sunday night primetime game? The panthers and steelers isnt bad but come on EVERYBODY is talking about this rematch i wish they would flex this to sunday night they can give the monday night game to someone else

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The new additions have done pretty well. Ware so far has graded out as our best pass rushing option on the team. He looks to still be figuring things out a bit. Talib has probably been the biggest impact guy so far. He had a pick-6 wiped away by a ridiculous off sides penalty and has had his hands on a couple of other passes. I have actually been very impressed with him so far. Ward is the guy that I have yet to notice on as consistent of a basis as I thought though. He was supposed to be our tone setter and I guess he did against the Chiefs as he was the one hitting Charles when he got injured last week but otherwise just haven't noticed him as much. Hopefully this week he will show up with a huge hit on Lynch.

The home field advantage is definitely big. I was listening to Bronco radio the other day and they were talking that usually home field gives a team a 3-point advantage but they were thinking the Seattle home field is more like 10-points if not more. From what I understand the Broncos have been playing music and crowd noise at the loudest that they can get it for practice all week and they have started playing it even while the players warm up and stretch so they consistently remember just even trying to talk to the person next to you becomes a challenge. We shall see if they have learned how to deal with the noise or not. They were not prepared for it in the Super Bowl that is for sure.