• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Denver Broncos @ Seattle Seahawks

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already feel the animosity between the 2 fan base so why not start the thread 6 days before the game and keep all the shit talking in one thread?

Early prediction is Seattle winning 27-17

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already feel the animosity between the 2 fan base so why not start the thread 6 days before the game and keep all the shit talking in one thread?

Seattle 31-18

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Seattle won yesterday I would give the Broncos a much better chance to win

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting thought. It's crossed my mind. I really don't think that the motives of either team change much based on what happened last week. The interesting question, in my mind, is whether Denver learned anything from how SD beat Seattle. I didn't see that game, but two points from the box score are very interesting to me:

1. SD controlled the ball for about two-thirds of the games.
2. Antonio Gates caught three TDs.

Speaking first to (1), I was reminded very much of the SD game at Denver when they beat the Broncos last December by how much SD also controlled TOP in that game. That point was also a kick in the gut when I thought about having just watched a KC team without Jammal Charles and Derrick Johnson just keep the ball away from us. Scary stuff. : shudders :

(2), however, gives me some hope. Antonio Gates is a beast, but he is also the mother of an even greater new generation beast: Number 80 Julius Thomas (so long as PMFM doesn't murder him before kickoff).

I know that it will be difficult -- perhaps even impossible -- for my Broncos to win in Seattle. Tell you this though ... our defense has to be better than it was yesterday in order for that to happen (e.g., we can't keep giving up third and long plays!).

However things turn out, I hope no player gets hurt, while also hoping that all Seattle fans are able to resist poking out their own eyes at the end of the game! :yahoo:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd pick the home team either way. Seattle and Denver are both very tough to beat at home.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the broncos' offense keeps going silent in the 2nd half this game could get ugly. I would prefer this game later in the season so the new additions could gel but it is what it is.

I think a big key for the broncos will be getting the run game going. (A tall order against the seahawks) We cannot expect Manning to find receivers every play and it would be nice to take some air from the sails of the fan with a little ball control.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the broncos' offense keeps going silent in the 2nd half this game could get ugly. I would prefer this game later in the season so the new additions could gel but it is what it is.

I think a big key for the broncos will be getting the run game going. (A tall order against the seahawks) We cannot expect Manning to find receivers every play and it would be nice to take some air from the sails of the fan with a little ball control.

Can't imagine winning this game without possessing the ball for well more than half the game. Good news is that I'm frequently wrong!

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree the offense didnt look good in the 2nd half but remember the Chiefs had a 10 minute drive. How many 3rd and longs with 3 man rushes that end up a first down does it take for J.D.R. quit with the stupidity?

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ball may not be the answer at RB as well. Just saying.

The same shit was said about Moreno and this offseason people were bitching about him not coming back. Try watching our line. It is difficult to be a good RB when the defenders are meeting you in the backfield.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What shit talking? I can't see either fan base being cocky going into this game. Both have to respect the athletes on the other side and I'm sure they will. I'm sure both will think their team has a chance to win and will have things to be nervous about.

I do love that once again you are trying to stir up drama though. Not a fan of either, but make a thread attempting to get two other fan bases to fight for your amusement.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seen Seattle & Denver fans going back and forth on 2 different threads in the last 24 hours

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seen Seattle & Denver fans going back and forth on 2 different threads in the last 24 hours

If you mean some of the trolls from either side then sure, but do they really count? The real fans of both sides know what this game is about and respect the other team going into this game.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well there is a Bronco fan who seems to be solely interested in causing trouble and being an ass. But I only know of the one.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
30-24 Seattle.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle and Denver tie - both lose and miss the playoffs by a half game......

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting thought. It's crossed my mind. I really don't think that the motives of either team change much based on what happened last week. The interesting question, in my mind, is whether Denver learned anything from how SD beat Seattle. I didn't see that game, but two points from the box score are very interesting to me:

1. SD controlled the ball for about two-thirds of the games.
2. Antonio Gates caught three TDs.

Speaking first to (1), I was reminded very much of the SD game at Denver when they beat the Broncos last December by how much SD also controlled TOP in that game. That point was also a kick in the gut when I thought about having just watched a KC team without Jammal Charles and Derrick Johnson just keep the ball away from us. Scary stuff. : shudders :

(2), however, gives me some hope. Antonio Gates is a beast, but he is also the mother of an even greater new generation beast: Number 80 Julius Thomas (so long as PMFM doesn't murder him before kickoff).

I know that it will be difficult -- perhaps even impossible -- for my Broncos to win in Seattle. Tell you this though ... our defense has to be better than it was yesterday in order for that to happen (e.g., we can't keep giving up third and long plays!).

However things turn out, I hope no player gets hurt, while also hoping that all Seattle fans are able to resist poking out their own eyes at the end of the game! :yahoo:

How did that work out for you in February?

Seattle traditionally neutralizes opposing TEs. In one game Gates had more TDs than Thomas, Davis, and Graham had in six last year. I'm not trying to take anything away from a near flawless Gates and Rivers yesterday, but Seattle's poor execution had just as much to do with their stat line. For the moment I believe that Sunday was an aberration.

All that said, I am more concerned with the fact that our pass rush was definitely sputtering. To beat Manning you need to keep him off the field, and harass the heck out of him when he's out there. If we can get a lead we can keep him off the field...but if we let him sit in the pocket it's going to be a long ass day for whomever is covering the slot.

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
34 to 13 seahawks.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the new emphasis on contact both to the face and body and the recent history these teams have I think this could be an ugly penalty ridden game that is gonna get very chippy. Luckily for Denver it is not a prime time game.

Den 27 Sea 24