• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Denver Broncos @ Seattle Seahawks

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Seahawks have the edge. It is at home, after a rare loss and they have a QB type that gives the broncos fits. I think it will be much closer than the SB. The seahawks are too good to hope to coast to victory like the broncos have been doing. The broncos still need to time to get it together and play a full 60 minutes.

I hope Sanders helps. I keep hearing that smaller, quick receivers give the LoB the most trouble. Keeping Manning clean and being able to run the ball a little will help in the long term by taking the crowd out and tiring the defense. The broncos defense needs to play a much better game than they have. Better pass rush, better run defense, and getting off the field on 3rd downs.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going with the same prediction I have in the Super Bowl. Seattle by about 10 points.

Perhaps last Sunday was a sign of a major sea change in the quality of the Seahawks but I doubt it. Especially at home when they play with high energy. 27-17 would be my guess for a result.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos truly are a different team this time around. They have 9 new starters one defense that did not play in the Super Bowl. This has been met with mixed results so far. So many new moving parts does mean confusion here at the beginning of the season. If this game was maybe week 10 instead of week 3 I would give the Broncos more of a chance to win this one but with it being now I can see the Seahawks with that explosive offense getting a couple of big plays that really swing things their way.

Offensively for the Broncos the 2 biggest differences are Sanders in at receiver over Decker and the biggest of all Clady being back on the OL. Sanders I do believe was brought in with the idea of matching up against physical defenses and trying to use his speed to get that explosive play that just couldn't happen last year with Decker. Teams could cheat Thomas' way and not worry about being beat over the top by Decker. That is no longer true and showed big time so far this season. I don't think Sanders has a huge game but all the Broncos need is that one big play against Sherman from him to really loosen up the defense. Easier said that done so we shall see. Run game also has to get going which so far for the Broncos has been a mixed bag. They have a lot of players in different positions this year and they just haven't quite gelled yet. I do expect the Broncos to run quite a bit at the beginning of the game and make Seattle have to respect the idea that the Broncos are going to run.

All-in-all I do expect Seattle to win this game. Welker being back for this game does change things a bit in the Broncos favor but I just don't think it is quite enough with going up to Seattle. I have the game at 24-21 Seattle.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Broncos!

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is this game not in Primetime? Because its in Seattle, and the nfl doesn't like primetime games in seattle because their over by halftime.

According to a league source, the NFL was wary of putting Seahawks home games on in prime-time due to their track record of blowouts in nationally televised games played in Seattle the last several seasons.

Also Denver tried in the superbowl to do what SD just did.

superbowl48_chancellor_hit_on_thomas.gif

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure they could figure something out

HeartfeltAmbitiousAsiaticwildass.gif

GatesTD.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's also not in primetime because CBS probably selected this game. I heard a while back that when they have a double header week, fox & cbs can select one game to keep no matter what.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think flexing comes into play until later in the season.

There are only 3 games on for the late games on Sunday. This game will be shown in every market except 2.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Seahawks have the edge. It is at home, after a rare loss and they have a QB type that gives the broncos fits. I think it will be much closer than the SB. The seahawks are too good to hope to coast to victory like the broncos have been doing. The broncos still need to time to get it together and play a full 60 minutes.

I hope Sanders helps. I keep hearing that smaller, quick receivers give the LoB the most trouble. Keeping Manning clean and being able to run the ball a little will help in the long term by taking the crowd out and tiring the defense. The broncos defense needs to play a much better game than they have. Better pass rush, better run defense, and getting off the field on 3rd downs.

Broncos coasting to victory this year? What games have you been watching.... Both games the broncos choked away large leads needing last minute defensive stops.....

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos coasting to victory this year? What games have you been watching.... Both games the broncos choked away large leads needing last minute defensive stops.....

Coasting, as in being up on their opponent by double digits at the half only to fall asleep until it's panic time. That kind of coasting. :scratch:

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was my point, maybe a bad choice of words. The broncos have racked up large leads in the first half and then went in neutral for the second half, on both sides of the ball.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coasting, as in being up on their opponent by double digits at the half only to fall asleep until it's panic time. That kind of coasting. :scratch:

Any team that is coasting with an 11 point lead at half time is going to have a really unpleasant season.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any team that is coasting with an 11 point lead at half time is going to have a really unpleasant season.

No shit? And yet the broncos have been shutting themselves down in the second half of games.

Here, I will clarify for the seahawk fans since they are struggling:
The seahawks are too good for the broncos to go quiet/ to piss away any potential lead/ to put it in neutral in the second half.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that Molly Welker is reinstated for this game. Pretty convenient timing for the donks.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that Molly Welker is reinstated for this game. Pretty convenient timing for the donks.

He was in the SB and that did not affect the game. Why would he change this game? I thought it was common knowledge among seahawk fans that their team is 35 points better than the broncos. I mean, the broncos could have a team of HoFers and unless they play perfectly and the 'hawks make mistakes there is no winning.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, ARchie's calls just got through to the commish. Give me a break. You sound dumb

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah former Seahawks DB's Brandon Browner & Walter Thurmond thing that's total :bullshit:! Last year they both violated the leagues substance abuse policy.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah former Seahawks DB's Brandon Browner & Walter Thurmond thing that's total :bullshit:! Last year they both violated the leagues substance abuse policy.

whoa whoa whoa. what do former seahawks have to do with the fact that the donks get one of their best players back from a shortened suspension?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BK...I do agree SEA might be more gettable if they'd won last week, but I'm going with DEN in this game...basically for one reason...I picked SEA last week because I thought they would knock Rivers around a lot and get him off his game...I watched most of it and SD was actually in control of the game...Rivers had a pocket, they were able to run some to keep SEA off balance.

Now in SEA that DEF is going to be a little quicker, but I like Manning to get rid of it...Sherman is a great player, but any CB can be beat...this throwing away from him makes no sense to me...certain patterns you might not want to throw at him, but the key is Manning having a pocket.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whoa whoa whoa. what do former seahawks have to do with the fact that the donks get one of their best players back from a shortened suspension?

Nothing at all. Just trying to stir things up for no reason at all. My bad!