• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Denver Broncos @ Indianapolis Colts

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heath Evans on the NFL Network said our defense is "Fools Gold." My top-3 of least favorite people in sports analyst would include Heath, Dave Damashek (how in the world is this guy on tv talking football when he has no clue about football and has his kid pick the winners of games out of a hat), and Tedy Bruschi. They just don't have an objective bone in their body.
I don't know who Dave Damashek is, but I'd include Ray Lewis on my short list of hated football analysts. He comes across to me as a giant phony, and he also has a problem with objectivity.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know who Dave Damashek is, but I'd include Ray Lewis on my short list of hated football analysts. He comes across to me as a giant phony, and he also has a problem with objectivity.

Dave Damashek is this guy on the NFL Network that even the other analyst on the show just look at him with a "What are you talking about" look. He is more just on the show for his big personality. He is like the Skip Bayless of the NFL Network is what I would call him.

As for Ray Lewis yeah I would agree. He just doesn't like to even consider another player as having skills. He was one that a couple of weeks ago said the Broncos defense isn't all that great when they asked him about our defense. I think some of these guys like Heath and Lewis don't like Manning and that has then gone to them hating the Broncos every chance they get.

Heath was doing a segment a while back predicting the Bengals and how they will finish up the year. When he got to the Broncos game he just started laughing looked at the other hosts and said "Well this one will be a blow out win for the Bengals." No other game did he even come close to making a comment like that but the Broncos game. The other hosts actually told him he was nuts to even think that. He just laughed and said something like "you just watch." This is why getting former players on these shows just isn't always the best thing. I know they have a face everybody recognizes but there are very few players that I enjoy listening to. I enjoy Kurt Warner as I do think he can be a pretty objective guy. Tom Jackson is another that is great to listen to. I am even starting to enjoy Tony Gonzales although haven't watched him a ton yet.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the things lost in the wins against the Packers is that we gave up 0 sacks. That ends the NFL's longest active streak of consecutive games with a sack as the Packers had a sack in 42 straight games.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wish one of the other hosts would have the balls to call them out on their ridiculously biased projections after the fact, but yea Heath Evans and Ray Lewis are dopes

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So not sure many realized this happened on a play but one of the long coverage plays against the Packers we had Sly Williams of all people out in coverage on their RB. He actually looked good staying with the RB for most of the route. Now that is ballsy in my opinion and probably won't happen but a handful of times this year.

Also I need to figure out how to do screen grabs on this website. I would love to show just the difference in the run blocking for this team from week 1 to now. If you go back and watch the game against the Packers just spend some time watching the OL. They are not perfect by any means and still have plenty of room to grow but they are starting to really gel on how to run the ZBS. They are doing the combo blocks perfectly and timing of one of them moving to the 2nd level is getting so much better. The Packers are a great run stopping defense but this Broncos unit actually looked dominant. I want to give a shout out to Matt Paradis as that man after a couple of really rough games really played well. He was pancaking guys all over the place. Michael Schofield was doing a great job of sealing that back side defender allowing for some huge cut back lanes. That 2014 draft class is looking better every week now in my opinion. Roby, Schofield, and Paradis are looking like possible starters for the next few years for this team. Nelson has been getting a little more playing time as well lately. It truly is amazing how much especially on the defensive side of the ball that this coaching staff trusts the back ups to perform. There are plays where they will have 4-5 back ups in at the same time and the defense doesn't seem to miss a beat.

Poetry

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It really was. I was blown away at how great our run blocking looked in this last game. I honestly think the RB's didn't do them a great service by missing a couple of the huge cut back lanes and trying to pop it outside. I'm sure CJ and Ronnie would say the same thing today after watching the tape that they missed a couple of big holes that could have really taken them to another level.

What you have to love though is at the end of the game when we are trying to run down the clock and the Packers know we are going to run the football we were still able to get good yardage on those plays. That is when you know you are a good running team when the other team knows you are going to run and they still can't stop you.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some stats on our defensive players this year...

Chris Harris-He has not allowed a touchdown pass in something like 37 straight games. This is maybe one of those stats that should be talked about more with each passing week. So far this year through 7 games he is allowing 213 total yards passing. He has 2 interceptions even though only being thrown at 37 times this entire year.

Brandon Marshall is ranked as the 2nd best ILB only behind Luke Keuchley for this season.

Von Miller--Bucky Brooks said that he recently went around and asked some GM's in the NFL which defensive player would you rather build your defense around...JJ Watt or Von Miller. He said almost every single one of them said Von Miller. They said he is the bigger game changer of the two. Right now Miller is 3rd in the NFL in combined Sacks/QB Hits/QB hurries with 37. Only 2 better are Pernell McPhee and Tamba Hali both with 39. Neither of those two are getting the kind of attention that Miller is.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the last guy to get a touchdown on Harris was Julian Edelman on the Sunday Night game in 2013.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to show that Vernon Davis still has wheels he has recorded the 1st and 3rd highest speed among TE's this season. In one game he got up to 21.9 MPH. So one could say the Broncos now actually have the fastest TE in the NFL.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.........I see "trap-game" written all-over this for you guys..........you're on the road and you played/won your Super-Bowl the other day vs. GB,.......GO COLTS....!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.........I see "trap-game" written all-over this for you guys..........you're on the road and you played/won your Super-Bowl the other day vs. GB,.......GO COLTS....!

How is a game against a non-conference team our Super Bowl? Pretty sure this team has shown that the game they care about being their Super Bowl is the actual Super Bowl. I hate when people use that term of "Well they just played their Super Bowl." They played against a tough team that helped them to gauge where they are against some of the top teams in the league. That is what that game was.

Now I can agree with you this could be a trap game. Indy needing a win in a bad way will always make this game tough.

At the same time Indy is going to be coming off a shortened week after a game where they went into overtime. Throw in Luck looks hurt badly right now. They have from the one game I have watched all the way through possibly the worst OL the Broncos have faced all year. I watched the Saints game today and they were getting pressure just sending 3 guys after Luck.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is a game against a non-conference team our Super Bowl? Pretty sure this team has shown that the game they care about being their Super Bowl is the actual Super Bowl. I hate when people use that term of "Well they just played their Super Bowl." They played against a tough team that helped them to gauge where they are against some of the top teams in the league. That is what that game was.

Now I can agree with you this could be a trap game. Indy needing a win in a bad way will always make this game tough.

At the same time Indy is going to be coming off a shortened week after a game where they went into overtime. Throw in Luck looks hurt badly right now. They have from the one game I have watched all the way through possibly the worst OL the Broncos have faced all year. I watched the Saints game today and they were getting pressure just sending 3 guys after Luck.
......SB's are played by each conference (NFC/AFC) ,....right...?,......may the best team win, and kick the crap out of each other.....!,....*wink*.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like someone's afraid his favorite team will get exposed when they travel to Denver later this month........

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like someone's afraid his favorite team will get exposed when they travel to Denver later this month........
And probably will complain that it isn't at Foxboro - like it was the past three years!

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually afraid for Luck and I'm serious, he's in deep shit against our D

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well will know more later but today Shaq Barrett is not practicing. Something happened during the Packers game which is why McCray actually saw more snaps in the game than Barrett. Hoping it is more just a precaution. Seems like our pass rush group has been getting a little more dinged up with Von having to sit out in the game for a bit, Ware missing a game, Ray obviously out for a while, and now Barrett banged up. Still a great group though.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of the Broncos writers have been talking to 49er writers this week asking about Vernon Davis. They think it will take probably a month before he will be up to speed in Denver's offense. They said that Vernon was not exactly known for his Football IQ. As I said earlier my guess is they will slowly introduce him into the offense. They will probably start with say 15-20 plays in the first game and slowly add as they go. They will probably try to keep his route tree pretty slim with him running the quick slants and seam routes would be my guess to start out his Bronco career.