• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Denver Broncos @ Indianapolis Colts

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get the Colts in Indy with Indy on a short week.

Colts have looked very beatable this year thus far. Lets hope that continues this week. Would be a nice road victory following an impressive home victory.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Harris fired the first shot. Luck will give us opportunities for interceptions not like Rodgers meaning Rodgers did not force the ball but Luck will.

Can wait for this D to bring the pain to Luck who if he dos has fractured ribs will not survive the game against Denver. Heck tonight will be interesting.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather not talk before games, but Harris does have swag.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that we should wait until Carolina has their shot at Indy before much discussion. The result of that game will have a direct bearing on what Indy team we end up facing.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember the effort in Colts playoff game guys. I would expect a huge chip on their shoulders sunday.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember the effort in Colts playoff game guys. I would expect a huge chip on their shoulders sunday.
I agree with this. The big reason why Fox was let go was due to the lack of fire at times, the "kicking and screaming" mentality that Denver lacked. I really think Denver will want to show Indy something next week.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just hoping to see our offense have two dominating weeks in a row. For the first time all year our top players list according to PFF was actually dominated by the offensive side of the ball. Derek Wolfe was our top performer with a +4.9 grade but the next 3 are all offensive players in DT, Evan Mathis, and Peyton. All 3 of those players had huge question marks with their up and down performances this year so great to see them put out an effort like that.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright so some huge stats from this last game just to show the difference in this offense after the Bye Week...

Manning was really struggling with his connection with the guys running over the middle. His numbers almost exclusively came from outside the numbers.

This past game though he went 12-14 in passes between the numbers for 195 yards.
A big reason in my opinion this change happened was the coaches/Manning had the 2-TE sets and for once let Virgil Green go run routes. He more than doubled all of his season totals for receiving in this one. In the previous 6 games Virgil Green actually only averaged going out on routes 6.5 per game. This one that number jumped to 12 routes. I think they still need to increase it. When you throw in the connection with Owen Daniels looked much better in this one it definitely adds up to the Broncos finally being able to attack over the middle. This freezes the linebackers from just keying in on the run game.

I would also say CJ Anderson looked healthy for the first time all year. He looked like the CJ of last year making guys miss, getting those few extra yards, and finally hitting the right hole. Hopefully CJ and Ronnie can stay healthy this year because honestly that 1-2 punch of speed and power is just down right fun to watch.

Finally I want to give a shout out to Elway/Schofield. I know most of us had that pick as a huge bust but that kid is flat out playing great for us right now. Both as a pass blocker and run blocker he has done a great job and has earned the starting RT spot instead of just being handed it because of injury.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an amazing D. I hope the team isn't reading into all the "Best D" ever articles and such and taking things one game at a time. I hate those articles. It is nice to consider that, but one game at a time. Save those articles and comparisons for after the season is over. We still got a lot of season left.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think this defense is fueled by some of the haters. Chris Harris was commenting after last night's game about how Ray Lewis had made some comment about how they weren't that great of a defense. They said that really fueled them to prove him wrong. So yeah I hope they keep having that chip on their shoulder all season long.

Also just want to point out that 3 of our last 4 games have been against teams with winning records. I would say the idea that before last night our schedule has been a cake walk is a little overblown. While last night was a statement game I do think we have had some decent opponents so far.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well some bad news for the day. Ty Sambrailo is going on IR and going to have surgery on his shoulder.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
crap !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now let the trade roomer fly ..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heath Evans on the NFL Network said our defense is "Fools Gold." My top-3 of least favorite people in sports analyst would include Heath, Dave Damashek (how in the world is this guy on tv talking football when he has no clue about football and has his kid pick the winners of games out of a hat), and Tedy Bruschi. They just don't have an objective bone in their body.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a NE flunky so that is that ... I like that it must burn his ass that we are damn good D and it makes him look little to make silly statements like that ..

Dave Damashek has one great show and that is it ..ever . Reliving TD's Carrier .. That alone makes him more smarter than HOF voters

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just hoping to see our offense have two dominating weeks in a row. For the first time all year our top players list according to PFF was actually dominated by the offensive side of the ball. Derek Wolfe was our top performer with a +4.9 grade but the next 3 are all offensive players in DT, Evan Mathis, and Peyton. All 3 of those players had huge question marks with their up and down performances this year so great to see them put out an effort like that.
I'm hoping to see our offense have 12 dominating weeks in a row ;-)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boh tells it true. ;)

That he does. I just watched some clips from Vernon Davis' game yesterday against the Rams and man I can see why he is not happy with Kaepernick. There were a ton of plays that he was 3-4 yards ahead of his guy yet nothing coming his way.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an awesome stat just to show the difference in our OL...After giving up 7 sacks through 2 games this year. The Broncos are tied for fewest sacks allowed (5) in the NFL during the last 6 weeks.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Harris this morning said that he plans on covering TY Hilton for most of the game on Sunday. I really like that match up. Plus I think Talib is a better match up on Andre Johnson.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So not sure many realized this happened on a play but one of the long coverage plays against the Packers we had Sly Williams of all people out in coverage on their RB. He actually looked good staying with the RB for most of the route. Now that is ballsy in my opinion and probably won't happen but a handful of times this year.

Also I need to figure out how to do screen grabs on this website. I would love to show just the difference in the run blocking for this team from week 1 to now. If you go back and watch the game against the Packers just spend some time watching the OL. They are not perfect by any means and still have plenty of room to grow but they are starting to really gel on how to run the ZBS. They are doing the combo blocks perfectly and timing of one of them moving to the 2nd level is getting so much better. The Packers are a great run stopping defense but this Broncos unit actually looked dominant. I want to give a shout out to Matt Paradis as that man after a couple of really rough games really played well. He was pancaking guys all over the place. Michael Schofield was doing a great job of sealing that back side defender allowing for some huge cut back lanes. That 2014 draft class is looking better every week now in my opinion. Roby, Schofield, and Paradis are looking like possible starters for the next few years for this team. Nelson has been getting a little more playing time as well lately. It truly is amazing how much especially on the defensive side of the ball that this coaching staff trusts the back ups to perform. There are plays where they will have 4-5 back ups in at the same time and the defense doesn't seem to miss a beat.