• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DeMarcus Walker

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeMarcus Walker deserves some recognition for his play this season. Fangio has a history of giving guys 2nd chances and resurrecting careers. Walker's game against the Titans - looked an awful lot like his game in college. Fangio didn't give him anything - Walker had to show he wanted it.

One thing that has changed in the modern NFL since my growing up years - is the speed at which the QB makes a decision and releases the ball in the passing game. When I was growing up - the fast QBs unloaded in around 3 seconds. Now the good QBs can make a decision and release the ball in 2.5 seconds. I point this out because I think it impacts the game on defense. The faster release point for QBs offsets the speed of the outside rush game. This is why QBs are trained to step up into the pocket - which is another way of increasing the distance to the QB from the outside rush.

The counter reaction to the quicker QB release times - is to create an interior rush. Break the pocket of the passer from the inside route - the shorter distance to the QB. Walker can do that for these Broncos - and Dre-Mont Jones is learning to match it from the other side.

As the Broncos found out - they still need a Nose Tackle who can engage two blockers and detour the rush up the middle. Mike Purcell is providing that service and doing it well.

Bryce Callahan's loss of a full season - is the biggest hit to what Fangio wants to accomplish.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Walker has been reborn and playing well.

Callahan may not be list for the season, as he is not on IR. I hope he is able to return as he could really help the defense be more dynamic.