• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 12 - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GREAT win by the Denver Broncos!

The Good:
  • Perine was a incredible pickup for the Broncos in the offseason. The dude runs with attitude.
  • Russell Wilson, the game manager. No impressive stats but did what it took to move the ball, get third down conversions and score points. One mistake with the fumble that was punched out on his 1st down run.
  • Courtland Sutton. Definitely a difference maker in the last 5 games.
  • PJ Locke. Outside of one bad penalty, he made so many plays in this game.
  • Nick Bonitto. His game is really coming around.
  • Broncos defense. 3 takeaways to continue their incredible pace.
The Bad:
  • Penalties. Still need to clean some of those up
The Ugly:
  • Defensive arm tackling. We're lucky the Browns didn't run the ball more.
THAT'S FIVE WINS IN A ROW! Go Broncos!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love you guys.

Steve is pissed.

MileHigh pretty much hit it. I would keep Locke starting over Kareem Jackson when he returns.

Remember when people thought Brett Maher was better then Wil Lutz? ;)

Remember when people (not here) but dumb social media warrior fans wanted Sean Payton fired after his 1-5 start without even getting his feet wet yet?

This is what I love about football.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He gets a lot of flack but Trautman came up huge today when we needed him most.

I think Trautman would be perfect in his role if we didn't have to depend on him too much. The Dulcich injury puts more pressure on him. He is really a #2 TE trying to play the role of a #1 TE.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos are really missing good tight end play this season. Trautman's TD was huge but our TE's have been largely invisible on offense this year.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos are really missing good tight end play this season. Trautman's TD was huge but our TE's have been largely invisible on offense this year.
Yes, but those TEs are run blocking and pass protecting pretty well.

While I'm thinking about it - shout out for Bolles for a great game.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did he? I saw a few muggings he used to get flagged for in past seasons.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he? I saw a few muggings he used to get flagged for in past seasons.
Whatever he did he squared off with Myles Garrett - mostly one on one - and made him a nonstory for the game.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For THE GOOD, I'll mention the training and conditioning staff -- It seems like every season we were dealing with a constant barrage of injuries and nagging conditions ...

Jewell and Locke in particular returned very fast .. I think our starting 5 OL has been the same for every game .. Javonte looks great after last year's setback .. Russ seemed to be battling nagging stuff all of last season, but looks refreshed and renewed ...

The team isn;t collapsing in the 4th quarter like they did with Vic

THE UGLY -

DEFINITELY seeing Joe Flacco's ugly face on the sideline .. I had to laugh when they were talking about Flacco being a great mentor to the younger QBs ... This is the guy who walked right past Drew Lock after Lock got his first victory as a Bronco - completely ignoring the celebration ..

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bolles has had a great season and 100% spot on... The TE's are run blocking well.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For THE GOOD, I'll mention the training and conditioning staff -- It seems like every season we were dealing with a constant barrage of injuries and nagging conditions ...

Jewell and Locke in particular returned very fast .. I think our starting 5 OL has been the same for every game .. Javonte looks great after last year's setback .. Russ seemed to be battling nagging stuff all of last season, but looks refreshed and renewed ...

The team isn;t collapsing in the 4th quarter like they did with Vic

THE UGLY -

DEFINITELY seeing Joe Flacco's ugly face on the sideline .. I had to laugh when they were talking about Flacco being a great mentor to the younger QBs ... This is the guy who walked right past Drew Lock after Lock got his first victory as a Bronco - completely ignoring the celebration ..

Good point. Seems like players are healing faster. Minus Dulcich who just seems to be made out of tissue paper.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give Bolles a pass considering Garrett had what sounds like a significant shoulder injury halfway through the game and was just a body on the field for most of thec4th quarter.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give Bolles a pass considering Garrett had what sounds like a significant shoulder injury halfway through the game and was just a body on the field for most of thec4th quarter.
Where I came from, we called that Loser's walk - loser's talk.

Bolles is having an excellent season. The best protection for a QB isn't a tangible thing - the best protection for a QB is when the defense can't tell if you are going run the ball or throw it. Payton has managed to pull that off with is play calling and reliance on handing the ball off to a runner.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bolles is having an excellent season. The best protection for a QB isn't a tangible thing - the best protection for a QB is when the defense can't tell if you are going run the ball or throw it. Payton has managed to pull that off with is play calling and reliance on handing the ball off to a runner.

Yes, Bolles has been fantastic.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was referring to this game specifically. And the best protection for a qb is very tangible. Just ask the ones who spend the end of every passing down watching the play from ground level.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was referring to this game specifically. And the best protection for a qb is very tangible. Just ask the ones who spend the end of every passing down watching the play from ground level.
You offer this up as an explanation as if you weren't just tossing out different word salads - hoping one of them makes sense to somebody.