• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Defensively Speaking

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dashon Goldson: 6 INTs
Dashon Goldson: 1 PD

That's right, Goldson has prevented completions on 7 passes thrown in his direction.

What are opposing QBs ratings when throwing at him? 92

I love Goldson, but let's not pretend he's been fantastic.

Imac, since I never mentioned the word 'fantastic' in my post I can only assume this response was intended for another poster. My comment was a direct rebuttal to the link suggesting Goldson was the "weak link" in our defense.

Addressing your post, however, I'm not sure where you retrieved your stats from but the sources I checked (NFL, YaHoo, CBS, Pro & Others) it would seem that Goldson is having an even better than fantastic season, (depending, of course on your definition of fantastic)

Here is what I found:

Among the other Safety's, Goldson is currently:

1st in the league for Total TO's both created & recovered (8)
1st in the league for Total TO's recovered (tied w/Weddle) (7)
2nd in the League for INT's (6)
5th in the league for PD's (tied w/various) (8)

Goldson's Tackles/Game are also excellent considering he plays in a 3-4 defense and behind the best 3-4 front seven in the NFL.

And one last thing worth mentioning is the fact that Goldson has produced these numbers in only 12 games as he was inactive for Seattle & Dallas.

So, again, I don't know what you definition of fantastic is, but I'll go ahead and say it now, yeah Goldson is having a fantastic season - even Pro-Bowl level, IMO.

freaak

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Since were talking about Goldson. Whats everyone think about him as far as the offseason? Do you wanna sign him or let him walk? Rumor had it we offered him a 5yr 25 million and he rejected it. Would you do something along those lines, or cheaper? Or possibly look for an upgrade?

Just to answer the question without doing research on who's available in the offseason, I would like the Niners to re-sign him to the deal offered previously. I'd like to see something done before FA begins, because I think he's having a good enough season to warrant a bidding war for his services. The Bears come to mind as a team that should be interested.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why does IMAC bash Patrick Willis so much?

He is the heart and soul of the defense. He is this team's Ray Lewis.