• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Defense

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing about the comeback is that it still wont qualify for that silly stat about comebacks under 2 minutes but last night was a hell of a comeback.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good points fellas. My biggest concern will be the pass rush. If the front seven don’t create any pressure average qbs will have a field day just like for the past 6-7 years. I think the new DB’s will do well. Just praying for a decent pass rush.

Pass rush was non existent just like I feared. The reality is....this team is full of average Joes and one play maker. GB wont get back to the SB with average joes. Rodgers will get them to the playoffs but that's it.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pass rush was non existent just like I feared. The reality is....this team is full of average Joes and one play maker. GB wont get back to the SB with average joes. Rodgers will get them to the playoffs but that's it.

Some credit needs to goes to Trubisky for making quick, decisive and accurate throws. Some credit needs to go to the Bears' play caller for calling plays that allowed Trubisky to get the ball to his playmakers quickly - neutralizing the pass rush. Some credit needs to go to the Bears offensive line for sealing-out the pass rush.

Face it, the Bears played a hell of a first half of football and they certainly stunned the Packers players, coaches and fans. This isn't all just the Packers defense being crap, the Bears were really good on both sides of the ball in that first half.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some credit needs to goes to Trubisky for making quick, decisive and accurate throws. Some credit needs to go to the Bears' play caller for calling plays that allowed Trubisky to get the ball to his playmakers quickly - neutralizing the pass rush. Some credit needs to go to the Bears offensive line for sealing-out the pass rush.

Face it, the Bears played a hell of a first half of football and they certainly stunned the Packers players, coaches and fans. This isn't all just the Packers defense being crap, the Bears were really good on both sides of the ball in that first half.

Agreed to a certain extent. Nagy had his team ready, motivated and executing. MM didn't. I give credit to the bears but I also shame MM for producing the same type of lack luster predictable scheme that he has put on the field for years. if it wasn't for Rodgers, MM wouldn't be the head coach in GB.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed to a certain extent. Nagy had his team ready, motivated and executing. MM didn't. I give credit to the bears but I also shame MM for producing the same type of lack luster predictable scheme that he has put on the field for years. if it wasn't for Rodgers, MM wouldn't be the head coach in GB.

Shortly before Rodgers went down, I texted my brother "McCarthy's seat is getting hotter by the minute" because the Packers were getting their asses handed to them in all facets of the game. Then after Rodgers was carted off, I sent "If Rodgers doesn't come back quickly, this is his last year in Green Bay" because everyone knows that the whole Packers organization is riding Rodgers' coattails - especially McCarthy.

...I obviously agree with you that McCarthy was largely to blame for the very poor first half. Maybe there was a bit of overconfidence resonating through the locker room and they needed a good bitch slapping from the Bears to wake them up.

That said, the Packers can do a hell of a lot worse than McCarthy too. I'm not they type of person who rabbles for change without a clear plan of succession. I don't want to jettison McCarthy because he's not Bill Belichick and end up getting Ray Rhodes to replace him.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shortly before Rodgers went down, I texted my brother "McCarthy's seat is getting hotter by the minute" because the Packers were getting their asses handed to them in all facets of the game. Then after Rodgers was carted off, I sent "If Rodgers doesn't come back quickly, this is his last year in Green Bay" because everyone knows that the whole Packers organization is riding Rodgers' coattails - especially McCarthy.

...I obviously agree with you that McCarthy was largely to blame for the very poor first half. Maybe there was a bit of overconfidence resonating through the locker room and they needed a good bitch slapping from the Bears to wake them up.

That said, the Packers can do a hell of a lot worse than McCarthy too. I'm not they type of person who rabbles for change without a clear plan of succession. I don't want to jettison McCarthy because he's not Bill Belichick and end up getting Ray Rhodes to replace him.

Understandable. Yea, its kinda like watch what you wish for. They got rid of Capers and the defense looked almost identical to last year with no pass rush and open receivers to throw to on 3rd down. MM will continue to have trouble if he keeps status quo. This is an ever evolving league and he has to evolve with it or get left behind. Next week GB has minny. I can see the Packers losing to them very easily. this division has become very competitive.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all of those bitching about the defense

The Bears had 294 yards of offense. 146 of that came on the first two drives. They gained 148 over the next 8 drives. That is a great adjustment once they got used to their lateral speed. They also got two garbage Roughing the Passer penalties, the one on CMIII was legit and he is dumb.

They only got one offensive TD all game and the defense gave up 17 all game. That is a great start compared to last year.

It was the start of a new season against a coach who has never head coached with a brand new offense that had not been seen, at least we could see that adjustments were made. How many times have we said that their were no half time adjustments? After the first 2 series things calmed down. What was a bit frustrating to me was not being able to hit Trubisky and sack him allowing him to get away for small gains. There should have been more sacks.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still cant get over the two awful roughing penalties. The league really needs to get that shit fixed

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the start of a new season against a coach who has never head coached with a brand new offense that had not been seen, at least we could see that adjustments were made. How many times have we said that their were no half time adjustments? After the first 2 series things calmed down. What was a bit frustrating to me was not being able to hit Trubisky and sack him allowing him to get away for small gains. There should have been more sacks.

That’s where a playmaker comes in handy. Unfortunately GB doesn’t have any of those on defense.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its crap that the pick 6 counts against them.

I don’t know how that is counted against them. It has nothing to do with the defense. Nice to see they held Chicago to 16 points but it is Chicago after all. I don’t think they will be able to hold minny to less than 20 but stranger things have happened.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know how that is counted against them. It has nothing to do with the defense. Nice to see they held Chicago to 16 points but it is Chicago after all. I don’t think they will be able to hold minny to less than 20 but stranger things have happened.

Time will tell as it is only the first week but the Vikes got 24 points with a pick 6 against the 18th ranked defense of the 49ers at home in MN. The Bears have as good or better running backs than MN and the upgraded Bears receivers are as good or better than the Vikes. The difference is at QB where Cousins has more experience than Trubisky. When you look at past success though Cousins record when playing against teams with winning records kind of sucks.

The Vikes had 3 picks and a fumble recovery getting 4 turnovers against the 18th ranked defense of the 49ers and needed a pick 6 to win by 8 points against a team who lost its starting running back for the season with a QB who has less than one year of starting experience. Without the pick 6 it is a one point game and anyone could have won. If you get 4 turnovers playing at home against a team with no running back and a lower than average defense you should win by more.

Kirk Cousins record against teams with winning records:

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-j...irk-cousins-trend-that-should-give-jets-pause

During his time with the Washington Redskins, Cousins' starting record against winning teams is 4-19 (based on their opponents' final record).

Yes, 4-19.

Cousins has cleaned up against losing teams (19-9-1) and has fared OK against .500 clubs (3-2), resulting in an overall record of 26-30-1 in the regular season. He is 0-1 in the playoffs.

I personally am not in on all the Viking hype. If they did not injure Rodgers most if the hype would not even be there because they would have most likely lost both games against GB and maybe would have been a wild card. I mean they only went to the NFC championship game because of a moron on the Saints decided to try to make a tackle with his eyes closed.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time will tell as it is only the first week but the Vikes got 24 points with a pick 6 against the 18th ranked defense of the 49ers at home in MN. The Bears have as good or better running backs than MN and the upgraded Bears receivers are as good or better than the Vikes. The difference is at QB where Cousins has more experience than Trubisky. When you look at past success though Cousins record when playing against teams with winning records kind of sucks.

The Vikes had 3 picks and a fumble recovery getting 4 turnovers against the 18th ranked defense of the 49ers and needed a pick 6 to win by 8 points against a team who lost its starting running back for the season with a QB who has less than one year of starting experience. Without the pick 6 it is a one point game and anyone could have won. If you get 4 turnovers playing at home against a team with no running back and a lower than average defense you should win by more.

Kirk Cousins record against teams with winning records:

An eye-opening Kirk Cousins trend that should give Jets pause

During his time with the Washington Redskins, Cousins' starting record against winning teams is 4-19 (based on their opponents' final record).

Yes, 4-19.

Cousins has cleaned up against losing teams (19-9-1) and has fared OK against .500 clubs (3-2), resulting in an overall record of 26-30-1 in the regular season. He is 0-1 in the playoffs.

I personally am not in on all the Viking hype. If they did not injure Rodgers most if the hype would not even be there because they would have most likely lost both games against GB and maybe would have been a wild card. I mean they only went to the NFC championship game because of a moron on the Saints decided to try to make a tackle with his eyes closed.
I wouldnt say the Bears WRs are as good as the Vikings. Diggs and Thielen are the best two if you combine all of them IMO.

The game will be decided by stopping the pass rush and getting pressure on Cousins.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt say the Bears WRs are as good as the Vikings. Diggs and Thielen are the best two if you combine all of them IMO.

The game will be decided by stopping the pass rush and getting pressure on Cousins.

I think both of these will be key as well. We will see on Sunday.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think both of these will be key as well. We will see on Sunday.
To be honest, it is something Captain Obvious would say. Games are won and lost in the trenches.

MikeMed

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,090.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the Packers have got to get better at rushing the passer........Dont necessarily have to get to him but they have to create hurries and be disruptive to help out our secondary.......I hate to have to blitz a lot to make it happen but if thats what it takes.....Would be nice to send 5 and get pressures.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got pressure with 4 several times in the second half. When we kept them behind the sticks and in second and long situations Pettine did a good job of getting creative.

What You Might’ve Missed: Random rushers