• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Defense

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I would start a new thread with just the defense in mind.

It looks like Randall and Hawkins will be the only experienced CBs this Sunday against the Browns. If it was against better talent I would be very concerned but it’s the Browns so they should be alright.

Randall has been hot and cold this year which is at least a step in the right direction because he was consistently cold last season. King is done for the year and House is dealing with a shoulder injury. I’m still scratching my head as to why GB brought back House. Big mistake. I think GB needs someone who can evaluate talent better than what is there now.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody thinking when Rodgers comes back the season is saved they are fooling themselves. Until the limpless defense gets seriously addressed they will continually come up short. Don’t believe me? Just take a look at how one of the worst teams in the league is going down the field on them.

I will say the offense isn’t helping at all. Hundley just flat out sucks. Play calling is just as bad.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I see Capers finally giving some safety help on Gordon? No, nevermind.

I get that they're down players but you have to give help on Gordon, he's their best player. The run defense is holding up ok, Packers just don't have any gamebreakers on the outside on offense.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
King hasn't been healthy all season but he did show flashes when he actually played.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, let’s add screen pass and just about any running play to the list of what GB’s defense can’t defend.

This..............is............embarrassing. Please let this loss to the winless browns be what it takes to finally get rid of Capers at the very least.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not usually much of a fire the coach guy, but this is fucking pathetic. Their tendencies are so easy to follow it's pathetic. I'm really fucking done with this mickey mouse bullshit on both sides of the football. It's the fucking Browns and these ass holes come in here with this pathetic shit....the players too...

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not usually much of a fire the coach guy, but this is fucking pathetic. Their tendencies are so easy to follow it's pathetic. I'm really fucking done with this mickey mouse bullshit on both sides of the football. It's the fucking Browns and these ass holes come in here with this pathetic shit....the players too...
McCarthy should be held accountable for not firing Dom Capers. The game seems to have passed him by but McCarthy sticks with him despite the poor defensive play over the past 5 seasons.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Pass rushers specifically IMO
Agreed, the Packers pass rush is almost non existent and this puts added pressure on the secondary.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are a bunch of players on this team that don’t belong. How times has Cleveland run a screen pass and burned GB? Several. The offensive play calling isn’t much better. Again, we are just seeing the deficiencies of this team without Rodgers.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a bunch of players on this team that don’t belong. How times has Cleveland run a screen pass and burned GB? Several. The offensive play calling isn’t much better. Again, we are just seeing the deficiencies of this team without Rodgers.

Defensively yes we see the same B.S. every week. Anything good that happens is all on the players and not playcalling.

Tough to fault McCarthy offensively IMO. He can only simplify things so much for a backup qb.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, the Packers pass rush is almost non existent and this puts added pressure on the secondary.

If Daniels doesn't get pressure up the middle they are not getting anything. Matthews gets his numbers but he isn't a game changing player anymore.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCarthy should be held accountable for not firing Dom Capers. The game seems to have passed him by but McCarthy sticks with him despite the poor defensive play over the past 5 seasons.

Not just MM. TT and company should be held responsible as well. I’m just a fan who has been watching my team for a long time but even I could see the short comings on the defense for several years now.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not just MM. TT and company should be held responsible as well. I’m just a fan who has been watching my team for a long time but even I could see the short comings on the defense for several years now.
Thompson has drafted heavily on defense but it doesn't show results.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thompson has drafted heavily on defense but it doesn't show results.

Exactly. So, is it poor evaluation of talent? Or bad coaching and scheme? I say it’s a combination of the 3. I understand the defense giving up yardage on a screen play but for the browns to have multiple success running it...that is a huge problem.

Now, I’m lmao that they pulled off a win in Cleveland but it’s still alarming that it took a come from behind OT effort to do it. I will give credit where credit is do. The defense held up at the end but let’s keep it in perspective, it was against the winless browns who managed to score 21 points. GB’s defense has only had 3 games where they kept the opposing team under 20 points and 2 of those games were against the bears.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. So, is it poor evaluation of talent? Or bad coaching and scheme? I say it’s a combination of the 3. I understand the defense giving up yardage on a screen play but for the browns to have multiple success running it...that is a huge problem.

Now, I’m lmao that they pulled off a win in Cleveland but it’s still alarming that it took a come from behind OT effort to do it. I will give credit where credit is do. The defense held up at the end but let’s keep it in perspective, it was against the winless browns who managed to score 21 points. GB’s defense has only had 3 games where they kept the opposing team under 20 points and 2 of those games were against the bears.

They are also playing without a hall of fame quarterback.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At some point a defensive coaching change is needed. You're letting a Cowboys fan cloud your judgement. A change at DC to a less-fossilized coordinator would seem to work, but I don't get paid to make that decision.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty obvious that Capers needs to go. The backs catching passes out of the backfield and screens have killed them since day 1. It also appears that they players aren't really fired up and flying around. That tells me they don't really believe in what they're trying to do. The pass rush has been pathetic for the last couple years, that should be evident when DeShon Kizer looks all freaking pro. The inside LBs get caught in the wash time and again because they're playing behind the play instead of attacking the hole, and that kills them time and again. I won't mention how often these morons tackle high and get pushed for 2 to 5 additional yards, that one really pisses me off. They have a shot to put a shoulder into a guy's waist and instead they grab their shoulder pads or go for the ball and it costs them yards play after play.

Honestly, I think they need to move Matthews back inside. My belief is it will make the D much faster than it is now. As it stands, they're a day late and a dollar short just about every play.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty obvious that Capers needs to go. The backs catching passes out of the backfield and screens have killed them since day 1. It also appears that they players aren't really fired up and flying around. That tells me they don't really believe in what they're trying to do. The pass rush has been pathetic for the last couple years, that should be evident when DeShon Kizer looks all freaking pro. The inside LBs get caught in the wash time and again because they're playing behind the play instead of attacking the hole, and that kills them time and again. I won't mention how often these morons tackle high and get pushed for 2 to 5 additional yards, that one really pisses me off. They have a shot to put a shoulder into a guy's waist and instead they grab their shoulder pads or go for the ball and it costs them yards play after play.

Honestly, I think they need to move Matthews back inside. My belief is it will make the D much faster than it is now. As it stands, they're a day late and a dollar short just about every play.

Made me laugh when the commentator mentioned how well Kiser was playing. Uh, yea, GB’s defense makes almost all QBs look like world beaters. Nobody, I mean nobody is afraid of The Packers defense.

This will sound bad but I’m hoping we have seen the last of House on this defense. I pray he is ok but I don’t want to see him in green and gold ever again.