• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dead Man Walking

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm finally in the Bo's gotta go camp. These blowout losses shouldn't be happening, not with the talent we have. I don't mind losing by a TD, heck even 2 TDs if the other team gets a late score to put the game away. but being uncompetitive in the 2 largest games we played this year MSU for 3Qs and Wiscy for 3Qs as well is just unacceptable.

right now I don't even want to watch the Minn and Iowa games. I might just record them, check the score later and then come back and watch them if we were competitive. I mean, Minn has just as good of a running game as Wiscy, that Cobb guy put up 145 and 3 TDs on OSU, we'll probably give him 250 or more.

I use to be in a similar camp as Stinky up above, fire Els, JP, Cotton and get some better coaches, but it's too late now. it's clear Bo isn't going to do it, so it's time to move on.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, who do you all want? I think we have to get someone that knows how to coach up the players. Someone who can get the most out of the talent we get, we are never going to get the 5 stars out of Texas, FL, CA, etc, so we need someone that can put the talent we do get in a position to succeed.

It would be nice if that coach had some SEC ties, just so he has that killer mentality.

I honestly can't think of anyone right now that fits the bill.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO I honestly don't understand how "difficult" it is to stop the run game. Maybe we would get bit and wisco would get a 20 yard pass on us and we lose 24-17. But its better then having Gordon hang 408 yards on us

Fuck

Neb4life

Eat more BEEF !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,263.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm finally in the Bo's gotta go camp. These blowout losses shouldn't be happening, not with the talent we have. I don't mind losing by a TD, heck even 2 TDs if the other team gets a late score to put the game away. but being uncompetitive in the 2 largest games we played this year MSU for 3Qs and Wiscy for 3Qs as well is just unacceptable.

right now I don't even want to watch the Minn and Iowa games. I might just record them, check the score later and then come back and watch them if we were competitive. I mean, Minn has just as good of a running game as Wiscy, that Cobb guy put up 145 and 3 TDs on OSU, we'll probably give him 250 or more.

I use to be in a similar camp as Stinky up above, fire Els, JP, Cotton and get some better coaches, but it's too late now. it's clear Bo isn't going to do it, so it's time to move on.

I will not be attending the Minnie game. Like you I think they will be able to run the ball all day and their coaches can and do make adjustments.
Wifey was saying that she hoped we lost out so they would have to do something about Bo and company. Not sure if I would go that far but we need a change.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Game Bo shows up again. Face it, what million dollar company would keep a guy who does so much to kill the company image like Bo and his unproven coordinators. In terms of experience, Beck and Poop are still in diapers. I support hiring a Head Coach that can recruit top talent at the coaching and player levels. When the standard answer becomes I don't know what happened, it is clear these guys are in jobs way over their level of competence.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO I honestly don't understand how "difficult" it is to stop the run game. Maybe we would get bit and wisco would get a 20 yard pass on us and we lose 24-17. But its better then having Gordon hang 408 yards on us

Fuck

honestly if Bo blowouts were only losses by 1 or 2 scores we would still make excuse for him and he would be fine. but they look clueless after wisky figured out or scheme

that Minnesota game is gonna be a dog fight the gophers aren't scared of us and Cobb is a good back. If they win out they can go to the title game

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well come on at some point when Gordon is at 238 in the first half. At some point you have to come to the conclusion that what. We are doing isn't working. Load the box and blitz the fuck out of them use goal line when we are at the 50. Who gives a shit if they are going to score regardless.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd live in the 90s too if you was stuck in Bogetory

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fuck

When you don't commit to stopping the run vs a team who's success depends on them establishing a run game it will be quite difficult. We don't commit to stopping the run because the game plan is to "stop everything on every play".

I thought it was quite appropriate for Speilman to talk about Wisky's D-coordinator. He said they were successful because they keep it simple and do what his players do best.

What a concept.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just figured it out, we've got to go back to CSU and get another HC. Jim McElwain seems to fit what we need. he's succeeding in a place with less talent, sure he's not playing any big boys, but he won @Boston College, something USC couldn't even do this year. He's worked around the country, for Saban even.

I don't think we can go the coordinator route again. unless it's an NFL coordinator like the way Penn State got O'brien and can get some energy into program and get good players to come because he's an NFL guy.

one exception might be Smart at Alabama, maybe he can get Kiffin to come along as OC. Kiffin was an awful HC, but that guy knows how to coach offense.

Other HCs I was thinking maybe: David Cutcliffe at Duke, Doc Holliday at Marshall. both have a lot of experience in the SEC and as HCs.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you don't commit to stopping the run vs a team who's success depends on them establishing a run game it will be quite difficult. We don't commit to stopping the run because the game plan is to "stop everything on every play".

I thought it was quite appropriate for Speilman to talk about Wisky's D-coordinator. He said they were successful because they keep it simple and do what his players do best.

What a concept.

both ucla and wisky after playing us the last couple season said on defense they ran only a couple of plays......

selling out on the run vs wisky is the only way you beat them
if they get a couple deep bombs that fine shutting the run should be first no 1-2 priority. not allowing a rb to put rookie mode madden numbers up

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
both ucla and wisky after playing us the last couple season said on defense they ran only a couple of plays......

selling out on the run vs wisky is the only way you beat them
if they get a couple deep bombs that fine shutting the run should be first no 1-2 priority. not allowing a rb to put rookie mode madden numbers up

That would require game planning and adjustments - did either of those happen yesterday?

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, who do you all want? I think we have to get someone that knows how to coach up the players. Someone who can get the most out of the talent we get, we are never going to get the 5 stars out of Texas, FL, CA, etc, so we need someone that can put the talent we do get in a position to succeed.

It would be nice if that coach had some SEC ties, just so he has that killer mentality.

I honestly can't think of anyone right now that fits the bill.

Mark Huspeth (ULL) 100-33 record (Div2 and FBS combined) He will most likely bolt for the SEC one day but he will get us on the right track.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete Carroll. Chip Kelly Jim harbough. Kirby smart

Neb4life

Eat more BEEF !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,263.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some peeps talking chit on Brasky on another board.