• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DBacks vs Dodgers Series Thread (7/8 - 7/10)

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona%20Diamondbacks.gif
vs
Los%20Angeles%20Dodgers.gif

AZ Diamondbacks (47-41) vs LA Dodgers (42-45)

@ Chase Field

Game 1: Monday July 8th, 6:40 PM

Probables: Delgado (1-2) vs Greinke (6-2)

Game 2: Tuesday July 9th, 6:40 PM

Probables: Kennedy (3-4) vs Nolasco (5-8)

Game 3: Wednesday July 10th, 6:40 PM

Probables: Skaggs (2-1) vs Ryu (7-3)

Set Up: Dodgers have been the hottest NL West team in the last 2 weeks but the D-Backs are playing good once again and have been the division leaders since the middle of May. This series could mean the Dodgers trail our D-Backs anywhere between 1.5 games and 7.5 games. Not to mention the brawl in the last series these teams faced each other.

Last edited by a moderator:

nogicat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take the series!!

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take the series!!

The game that I think we will have the toughest time taking is game 2 vs Nolasco. He pitched a great game when we faced him with the Marlins and he will want to show off to his new team.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game that I think we will have the toughest time taking is game 2 vs Nolasco. He pitched a great game when we faced him with the Marlins and he will want to show off to his new team.

Kennedy also pitched well vs. LA before getting thrown out. I think it will be a close game. Nolasco does pitch well vs. us but I'm not scared of him.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dbacks are going to be in the market for bullpen help I'm sure. Lots of names out there...
Potential Targets include: Perkins, Dunn, Webb, Crain, Henderson, K-Rod, Furbish, Thornton, etc.

I would love to trade for two bullpen arms. I'd prefer that over adding a starter actually. We need guys that can lock it down in the 8th and 9th innings... Corbin, Kennedy, McCarthy, Miley, Delgado, Cahill, Skaggs, Zeke, Collmenter, Brewer, Bradley etc. I think we have enough starting pitching depth for now. One of IPK, BMac or Cahill HAVE to turn it around, right?

nogicat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dbacks are going to be in the market for bullpen help I'm sure. Lots of names out there...
Potential Targets include: Perkins, Dunn, Webb, Crain, Henderson, K-Rod, Furbish, Thornton, etc.

I would love to trade for two bullpen arms. I'd prefer that over adding a starter actually. We need guys that can lock it down in the 8th and 9th innings... Corbin, Kennedy, McCarthy, Miley, Delgado, Cahill, Skaggs, Zeke, Collmenter, Brewer, Bradley etc. I think we have enough starting pitching depth for now. One of IPK, BMac or Cahill HAVE to turn it around, right?

I think one will but in an ideal world I would like to get a starter and two BP arms. that would make me moist

DweeberAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 928.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Black Jerseys the rest of the Homestand

Going to use the Black Jerseys for the rest of the Homestand

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers take game 1, 5-1, at least we didn't get shut out. We are going to need Ian to step up tomorrow.

I know Greinke pitched great, but I'm getting mad at how inconsistent our offense is. It seems like they are always either on fire or getting, for the most part, shut down.

Also Delgado didn't pitch that good, but not bad enough where they should pull him from the rotation, even if Cahill and McCarthy came back right now. He gave up 11 hits but he pitched out of trouble and he seems to do that a lot. My man crush on him continues.

Last edited by a moderator:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He also grew up nearby in Corona, California, hopefully he will take to the Blue with pride and pitch us to at least a series win.

DweeberAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 928.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little offense would be nice. I didn't think Delgado was all that bad, Gave up too many hits but worked out of most of them. But Kubel in RF :lame: ?? If I recall, he was responsible for one of the runs as he fumbled the ball on more than one occasion and seemed to be out of position or just not fast enough to get to some balls.

Parra would be better there, but then Parra also made a great catch in Center to prevent some scores. Maybe we can just clone him and put him in all three spots?

Chiledipper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes you have to tip your cap to the other pitcher and that was certainly the case last night. Additionally I also agree with one of the earlier posters on... what the heck was Kubel doing in RF last night? I don't dislike Jason Kubel but am also not enamored with him to such an extent that we shouldn't dangle him as trade bait. After all... where is he going to play once Adam Eaton gets back? A.J. Pollock is younger and improving with every game he gets under his belt.

Hope Ian Kennedy plays some chin music tonight...ummm just for practice of course. Gotta win tonight so we roll into the All Star Break on a solid roll.

Oh and the Dodgers suck!

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little offense would be nice. I didn't think Delgado was all that bad, Gave up too many hits but worked out of most of them. But Kubel in RF :lame: ?? If I recall, he was responsible for one of the runs as he fumbled the ball on more than one occasion and seemed to be out of position or just not fast enough to get to some balls.

Parra would be better there, but then Parra also made a great catch in Center to prevent some scores. Maybe we can just clone him and put him in all three spots?

Couldn't believe Parra got to that ball. He's got the arm to go along with it too, nailed Puig at third earlier in the year and finger wag'd him lol.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't believe Parra got to that ball. He's got the arm to go along with it too, nailed Puig at third earlier in the year and finger wag'd him lol.

Yup. We are used to Parra's defense being stellar. Won a gold glove last year and I'd be shocked if he didn't do it again this year.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its getting to the point where we are getting spoiled and not really appreciating how truly amazing some of these plays are. He is one of those rare players that is worth the price of admission for his defense alone.

I still can't believe we didn't play him because we had Chis Young and Justin Upton out there in front of him on the depth chart.

Additionally I also agree with one of the earlier posters on... what the heck was Kubel doing in RF last night? I don't dislike Jason Kubel but am also not enamored with him to such an extent that we shouldn't dangle him as trade bait. After all... where is he going to play once Adam Eaton gets back? A.J. Pollock is younger and improving with every game he gets under his belt.

But Kubel in RF :lame: ?? If I recall, he was responsible for one of the runs as he fumbled the ball on more than one occasion and seemed to be out of position or just not fast enough to get to some balls.

Koobz was tough to watch out there and every time they hit it towards him all I could do was :L. When Eaton is back out there it will be interesting to see what they do. Parra and Eaton would seem to be everyday players once they feel Eaton can handle it. Koobz definitely seems to be the odd man out with his contract ending after this year though.