• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Dbacks @ Dodgers

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. NO pitching matchups listed? Yeah, I suppose at this point your post says all we need to know.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won't win a game till the cubs series. Let's just fold our hands, boys...

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geinke v Miley
Haren v Bolsinger
Beckett v Collmenter

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 3 seems our only option for a flukey win. I can see Beckett getting hammered and maybe Collmenter doing just enough to keep us in it before a rare semi-effective bullpen showing for like a 8-7 win.

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Diamondbacks rank last in the majors in ERA (6.02), Quality Starts (2), Whip (1.57), and Batting Average Against (.287).

To put how bad that is into perspective, the Twins are 29th in the league in pitching statistics and their ERA is a full run lower at exactly 5.00. They also have 5 Quality Starts, more than double the Diamondbacks.

In addition, the Diamondbacks have already given up 115 runs this season, 107 which are earned runs, in only 18 games, which averages out to more than six runs per game given up. The Twins have given up a total of only 78 runs, 76 which are earned. In fact, the White Sox have given up the second most runs in the majors with 86 runs, 80 which are earned. So the Diamondbacks have given up 29 more runs than the White Sox and are being outscored by 48 runs on the season. The closest team after that is the Astros with a negative 29 run differential. I have never seen a team before where you can legitimately say, every single starter on the team needs to be replaced. Has anybody ever seen that? It is unfathomable. I do not expect the Diamondbacks to win one game this series. I think they will get swept. Then I think the organization will have to do something.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume you mean every single pitcher? Cuz I would agree with that. I don't think Goldie needs to be replaced or Trumbo. After that, yeah, go ahead.

TWO QUALITY STARTS in 18 games. That's beyond pathetic. There isn't even a word for it. Every fan should boycott their games until they put a major league caliber team out there or Kevin Towers is fired.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THIS IS WHEN WE TURN THINGS AROUND. ARIZONA SWEEP!!

dwightshrutecelebrating.gif

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume you mean every single pitcher? Cuz I would agree with that. I don't think Goldie needs to be replaced or Trumbo. After that, yeah, go ahead.

TWO QUALITY STARTS in 18 games. That's beyond pathetic. There isn't even a word for it. Every fan should boycott their games until they put a major league caliber team out there or Kevin Towers is fired.

Yes I meant starting pitchers haha. However, I would trade any of the starting lineup besides Goldschmidt if it meant upgrading the rotation. However, I love Parra and think they should keep him. After that, I would blow this team up if I was the GM and completely start over. This team is awful and they are spending 115 million dollars on it. That is all on Kevin Towers. Although, Ken Kendrick does deserve some blame because he is the one that hired Towers.

Guys like Aaron Hill, Martin Prado, JJ Putz, Brad Ziegler, Joe Thatcher, Eric Chavez, Cliff Pennington, Miguel Montero, and Cody Ross should be able to get a lot of value in return from playoff teams that are in contention. Trevor Cahill is probably untradeable but I would trade him for anything in return. Same with Brandon McCarthy. You can keep Arroyo because they just signed him and they need one veteran even though he has played horribly so far. It might look bad if they traded him after just signing him as far as how free agents might view the organization in the future because of it.

After that, bring up Bradley, bring up other young guys, just start to rebuild. Fans will accept being bad if you are rebuilding and they see young players coming up that have potential. On the other hand, fans will not accept a bunch of overpaid athletes playing terribly when they are supposed to do well. They need to just start over. Everyone knows it. Another few series losses and there is no way they will be able to continue on with Towers at the helm.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how gibby's radio segment is called "going deep with gibby." It is truly befitting!

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, the Dbacks are going to have to trade players like Hill and Prado just to restock their farm system.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid contact by Ross though, good sign.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad you brought my girl back!

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We didn't give up three runs in the first inning! We're going to win!

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe I even doubted this team! It will be a dbacks series sweep! Viva la parra!