• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Diamondbacks vs Dodgers

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but it really boils down to timing in the postseason. Some teams just get hot at just the right time and are able to sustain it. While other teams get cold at the wrong time and can’t recover.
We are seeing exactly why many fans are glued against the new playoff format of having the best teams sit on their hands waiting for a 3-game series to complete rather that have the worst teams put their entire season on the shoulders of a single game. The league prioritized the peons over the elite.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but it really boils down to timing in the postseason. Some teams just get hot at just the right time and are able to sustain it. While other teams get cold at the wrong time and can’t recover.
Good point. It is becoming like March Madness almost.

If LA played Arizona next week, would this happen again? Probably not...at least from an offensive standpoint. I knew that LA pitching would be the problem but it seems like the poor pitching impacted the morale of the team overall. After the 1st inning of game 1, I knew the series was over.

LA gambled on a heavy top half of the order and it didn't work. Yes, the back half of the order got 2 runs last night, but this is formula doesn't work.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. It is becoming like March Madness almost.

If LA played Arizona next week, would this happen again? Probably not...at least from an offensive standpoint. I knew that LA pitching would be the problem but it seems like the poor pitching impacted the morale of the team overall. After the 1st inning of game 1, I knew the series was over.

LA gambled on a heavy top half of the order and it didn't work. Yes, the back half of the order got 2 runs last night, but this is formula doesn't work.
LA really should have built a 9-deep lineup with at 5 ace-level SPs. Pure incompetence by Friedman to not do that.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA really should have built a 9-deep lineup with at 5 ace-level SPs. Pure incompetence by Friedman to not do that.
Well, he holds on to every prospect because he thinks they are the next Mickey mantle.
He never pushes his chips to the middle of the table and nibbles at the trade deadline.

He is more interested in sustained success and owning the regular season while holding on to the prospects instead of winning it all.