• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Davis is just not NFL ready

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to know the last time a Rams QB had back to
Back 3TDs in each game.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams O has put up 31 and 28 pts the last 2 weeks.

That would normally net you 2 wins.

This is more on the defense and ST than on Davis and the O.

Btw, it's time for Cunningham to start because he is better than Stacy.

Defense only gave up 20 pts. The blocked punt and fumble at the goal line are things that simply CANNOT happen to have a winning team.

Pump your brakes on Cunningham, he played largely in garbage time. It's not like Stacy was terrible; he averaged about 4 yards per carry, typically the league average.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to know the last time a Rams QB had back to
Back 3TDs in each game.

Good question. For that feat, you'd have to go waaaaaayyyyyy back. All the way back to.... 2013! :gaah:

Weeks 5 and 6, to be exact.

By Sam Bradford.

And both were wins.

:L

Last edited by a moderator:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Samantha did it against the Jags and Texans last year. Was 12/16 for 3 TDs against Houston.

Do you think that was his first time he ever had 3TDs in back to back games?

I'm just curious. :pound:

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh stop it, SJ. Just admit it. Sam Bradford used to date your girlfriend, or something and that comment "she made" at the bar was just to soothe your ego. Am I right?

You asked the question assuming it couldn't possibly be Bradford and didn't like the answer you got.

Predictably, here comes the "But... but... that was different!" nonsense.

And even before that, you actually had the nerve to sit here making the exact same (as you loved to put them) "excuses" for Austin Davis that you despised "Bradford lovers" for. What... you didn't think anyone would notice/remember? Hi-larious. :pound: Well, at least you had the decency to (sort of) attribute some of Davis' success to the Eagles soft coverages.

Forgive my excuses here, but I actually agree with you as far as Davis is concerned. He stunk up the first half, but really came around in the second. Had Austin Pettis held on to at least one of those passes in the final drive, we may be looking at a very different outcome. Just like Jared Cook's drop against the Cowboys could have changed the whole dynamic of the week 3 loss.

You know what the worst part of all this is, though... you made me violate my personal moratorium on Sam Bradford discussion. Damn you, SJ! Damn you straight to heck! ;)

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow dude. Your Sam love is really showing. What excuses have I made for Davis?

And Hey Samantha straight balled last year against the Jags and Texans. :suds:

They are just questions man. Don't get all bent out of shape. I'm glad Sam finally had a back to back 3TD weeks - I just don't remember it. And sometimes I can't find my keys either. Davis has done it through 3 CAREER starts and hasn't had great protection either. The facts are facts.

Both haven't had great Olines. I got nothing against Bradford. And I'm not the only one in this world who
Thinks he's a weenie. If i don't like the way a guy plays, it's not personal. So don't make something from nothing here. A few of us on here call it the way it is.

Davis still has much to prove to me. But he didn't go down like a weenie this week in Philly. He went down swingin.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, at least you had the decency to (sort of) attribute some of Davis' success to the Eagles soft coverages.

Exactly so shut it... I'm gonna keep it real.

I'm fairly certain we have seen more fire from
Davis in 3 games than we ever did in Bradford.

Another question.. Did Sam ever lead us back down 20 where we had a shot to win? Did he EVER get his troops down that much and claw back to have a chance?

I hate losing too but I respect a guy that's fights until the end. Sam would go sit on the bench and call it a day.

Please tell me I'm wrong.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow dude. Your Sam love is really showing. What excuses have I made for Davis?

This is Davis' 3rd start and Philly is no cupcake place to play.

He didn't quit I can tell you that. Even my girlfriend said at a bar, "If Bradford was the QB, the score would have been way worse." :wink:

Davis was on his back foot all day because Philly was bringing the house. And when a team blitzes along with the fact that you can't block, AND your OC isn't adjusting..guess what happens?

If Austin Pettis makes a catch, who knows..

When's the last time a Rams QB threw back to back 3 TD's with ZERO INTs? even if it was a lot garbage/prevent D by Philly?

Poor blocking? Poor coaching? Dropped passes? I know, I know... for Davis, they're not excuses... they're "reasons". Right?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me it's pretty bad when my girlfriend who
Hardly knows shit about football and is Forced to watch the rams games with me even can see how the team is different.

Not to mention the money throws Austin Davis made down the stretch. Sorry I haven't seen throws like that by Rams QB in a LONG time.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy cow dude. You are the one that has a personal problem and it's with me.

It has nothing to do with the game at all. And all I said was that this team UNDER Bradford, would have curled up in a ball down 20 and died.

I spoke of 1 very timely drop pass. Lol
The Oline was Bulger awful. Agreed?

My goodness

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me it's pretty bad when my girlfriend who
Hardly knows shit about football and is Forced to watch the rams games with me even can see how the team is different.

Not to mention the money throws Austin Davis made down the stretch. Sorry I haven't seen throws like that by Rams QB in a LONG time.

Trust me, man... I'm right there with ya. Hell, I'm catching heat in another forum for saying a lot of not-so-complimentary things about their effort today. Yes, this team is VERY different than in years past and it's my opinion that even with our 3rd string QB (who's certainly not playing like one) under center we should be able to compete this year. There's enough talent in St. Louis that we shouldn't have been in a 3 score hole to begin with and that infuriates me.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for the record, Davis was on his back foot all day.

He needs to get better at that. He needs to run up the gut like he did late and LIKE IVE BEEN SAYING for a few weeks.

Geeeez lol. At least I know where u stand

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy cow dude. You are the one that has a personal problem and it's with me.

It has nothing to do with the game at all. And all I said was that this team UNDER Bradford, would have curled up in a ball down 20 and died.

I spoke of 1 very timely drop pass. Lol
The Oline was Bulger awful. Agreed?

:

Dude... I don't have a problem with you personally. I don't even know you personally. I just found it funny that the same argument that was being made for "that other guy" (I won't say his name anymore. Lol) is being made today for Austin Davis. And both were legit.

If you've been taking my posts personally, then you're taking them the wrong way.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJ... I think if we were to stop and look back at things, I think we'd find that the only issue we really differ on is "that-other-guy-who-used-to-line-up-behind-the-center-last-year". Lol

:suds:

RamsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After sitting through 3 terrible quarters of football by the Rams, they really surprised me with that comeback. Davis showed alot by leading them to those 3 touchdowns in the last quarter and it would have been nice to see him have a chance at the end of the game if Pettis makes either of those catches. At least we have a QB now that plays hard even no matter what the score is.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis is a jewel in the rough. But we have to remember he is still learning.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed with both Ramsfan and Ozark. This guy is going only get better but changes in the O-line need to be made and we have reaped what we have sown. The O-Line has been neglected in the draft since our Superbowl appearances. We have not drafted a significant O-lineman that has stuck around except for Saffold. WE have routinely passed on guys that we should have selected. If we do nothing, this year's draft should focus on the O-line and LB, the two glaring weaknesses we now have.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shop you are wrong. I have never made excuses for anyone. And I never blamed entirely one persoN. Did I like the way Bradford played the quarterback position? No!! These are 2different QBs. I Bradford messed up I said something. If the OC messed up I said something. The ONLY time I blamed Bradford and not the OC is when #8 would check down and not throw a pass over 15 yards!! So I don't know what the hell you are talking about. You are comparing apples to oranges here and throwing in BS in grey areas.

Guessed who had the best comp% for passes over 15 yards going into yesterday? With the same dam OC! So stop taking what I said out of context.

All Bradford ever did was throw dinks and dunks with the occasional deepball. And I do mean occasional.

To go out of your way to try to call me out when I have been wanting this kid to start for two years, seems redonk

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask yourself this question. Who would you rather have a quarterback on this team Bradford or Davis? This O-line is worse than last year and rivals Bulger's Olines.