• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Davis is just not NFL ready

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with the OP.

I think Davis is ready. He is as ready as any other young QB making his first starts in the NFL. Maybe because he has 2 and a third seasons already in the Shotty system he is more 'ready' than those other young QB's making their first starts in the NFL.

As far as this whole 'excuse' vs 'circumstances' argument goes, it all depends on your perspective.

Any QB who has played on this team since our last Superbowl has pretty much been on a bad team. Those same circumstances come into play whether they have been or are a good, fair or poor QB.

You can't avoid it because them be the facts...

Last edited by a moderator:

Raid

Hoopla Cash
$ 21.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the game and am surprised that Davis is given the 'blame'. I think it's way too soon to tell if he will be above average, but I thought he played well given his number of starts and pressure he was under.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the game and am surprised that Davis is given the 'blame'. I think it's way too soon to tell if he will be above average, but I thought he played well given his number of starts and pressure he was under.

The original poster made this thread in the first quarter, poor coaching and lack of pass rush sealed the deal for that game.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The original poster made this thread in the first quarter, poor oline play, coaching and lack of pass rush sealed the deal for that game.
FIFY :yahoo:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, SJ76 and Vita are spot on. I also have been calling for Davis to be the starter for quite awhile. Again, you don't break Favre's college passing record being a wussie. I have already stated my case ad nauseum. He is the guy and he is only going to get better. You can't teach his grit, determination, and competitiveness. He is the best we have right now.

We need to address our porous O-line. Put Robinson at LG, move Saffold back to RG and replace Wells with Barnes. Jones is rapidly becoming a total bust. Cut Wells and Joseph and bring Brandon Washington off the practice squad as back-up because he is better than Joseph ever hopes to be!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's what this fan base does best. There needs to be a scape goat.

Sure Davis fumbled the ball twice resulting in a defensive score and a turnover in our first trip in the redzone resulting in a potential 14 point swing when we lost by 6 points on Sunday. And sure his last three passes of the game were off to Pettis and company but this fan base is far from giving the blame to the QB this time around. I'm guessing had the name of the QB been changed we probably never hear of Long or Pettis' contributions in those two negative plays.

:yahoo:

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, SJ76 and Vita are spot on. I also have been calling for Davis to be the starter for quite awhile. Again, you don't break Favre's college passing record being a wussie. I have already stated my case ad nauseum. He is the guy and he is only going to get better. You can't teach his grit, determination, and competitiveness. He is the best we have right now.

We need to address our porous O-line. Put Robinson at LG, move Saffold back to RG and replace Wells with Barnes. Jones is rapidly becoming a total bust. Cut Wells and Joseph and bring Brandon Washington off the practice squad as back-up because he is better than Joseph ever hopes to be!

No,no, that makes too much sense. We can't be smarter than the coaching staff.

How is Robinson going get better sitting on the bench, this isn't a Qb, he needs to get in there and get dirty.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No,no, that makes too much sense. We can't be smarter than the coaching staff.

How is Robinson going get better sitting on the bench, this isn't a Qb, he needs to get in there and get dirty.

Right i would feel more comfortable w/ him having game time experience. Especially w/ the SF and SE game's coming up. Even more reason to not start him this week or the next....lol

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a supporter of Davis, I really am. He has heart, he doesn't give up, and what I love most is that he takes shots down the field. However, the thing that scares me most is just what I said I love most, him taking shots down the field. He happened to execute deep passes but they were against teams that don't have the best secondary. The next three games are against San Fran, Seattle, and Kansas City. I will be closing my eyes when he takes all those shots down the field against those teams.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree::10::nod: If Fisher doesn't put Robinson in this week, moron comes to mind. Davis did his best to avoid the Eagles attack with only 4 guys. If they can't see the cross stunt, then sit them,:doh: could Robinson be worse? Even if he was, he's learning under fire.:nod:

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I laugh like a little school girl when SJ calls Bradford "Samantha" LOL.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shop you are wrong. I have never made excuses for anyone. And I never blamed entirely one persoN. Did I like the way Bradford played the quarterback position? No!! These are 2different QBs. I Bradford messed up I said something. If the OC messed up I said something. The ONLY time I blamed Bradford and not the OC is when #8 would check down and not throw a pass over 15 yards!! So I don't know what the hell you are talking about. You are comparing apples to oranges here and throwing in BS in grey areas.

Guessed who had the best comp% for passes over 15 yards going into yesterday? With the same dam OC! So stop taking what I said out of context.

All Bradford ever did was throw dinks and dunks with the occasional deepball. And I do mean occasional.

To go out of your way to try to call me out when I have been wanting this kid to start for two years, seems redonk

Umm, what? I'm not Caynine...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they've opened up a roster spot by cutting Ray Ray; what do they do with it now? Activate someone from the practice squad?

They cut Veltung too, BTW.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shop did i mix you 2 up?

My bad haha :noidea:

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL??!!

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they've opened up a roster spot by cutting Ray Ray; what do they do with it now? Activate someone from the practice squad?

They cut Veltung too, BTW.

My grandmother is available. She isn't as athletic as Ray Ray, but I guarantee she won't take as many penalties as he does.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They added linebackers to both spots; Will Herring to the active roster and Marshall McFadden to the practice squad.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I laugh like a little school girl when SJ calls Bradford "Samantha" LOL.
Me too because in real life I can see it going down something like this...

jim-everett-v-jim-rome-o.gif

:pound: :pound:

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol chrissy Everette. I remember that bag of turds.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol chrissy Everette. I remember that bag of turds.
I guess Retro had me thinking about this earlier from this post on the Banner thread while talking about Eric Dickerson.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/5638053-post23.html
He wore those goggles/glasses SJ76 because he had a slight astigmatism (fuzzy vision) and he stated that he could see more of the field with them on. He also wore them to keep from getting poked in the eye which happened to him at SMU his freshman year. Now you know.He indeed was a stud running back and I never forgave the Queen Idiot for getting rid of him. That was the beginning of decades long demise that selfish, narcissistic, hag inflicted on a once proud franchise. It was when Rams fans learned to think: "what could have been"!!
This was true, in 1985 we went to the NFC Championship game after posting an 11-5 Regular season record. It took one of the best defenses of all time in the 85 Bears to take us down in the Championship game. We had a damn good defense behind Greene, Irvin, Johnson and Gary Green and a hell of a running game with Dickerson but no viable option at QB. Dieter Brock was not gonna be the difference. Then we got Jim Everett in 1986 and we all thought we were a sure SB team once Everett and Dickerson were in the backfield together, but Winning didn't fit in Georgia Front&Rearie's plans to move. It had been 5 years since she knocked off her Hubby and she knew only one way to move her team back to her home town of St Louis.

Last edited by a moderator: