• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Davis is just not NFL ready

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suck at fantasy the past few years. Too busy. I watch more football on Saturdays or when the lady is
Out of town. Got a lot of football in so far this weekend.

So far. 1 more to go after this Eagles game.

And speaking of the eagles, they had 4 sacks in the 1st Q. Davis looked better than Eli is. If that's saying anything.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have that same decision in one league, Davis or Kaep. Since I'm already going with Quick (since AJ Green was out and I didn't use Holmes (who went off for the Raiders)), I will probably use Kaep to avoid getting a double whammy if Davis stinks up the joint. Not a lot of pressure though, as I have a 22 point lead going in (and my opponent has Stacy and SF's kicker left).

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not doing well in Fantasy this year either! :(

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep saying that Fantasy Football is a fad and people will tire of it after a while...hell :doh: it's more popular than ever. Never played, looks like fun but it also looks like too much work and time.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep saying that Fantasy Football is a fad and people will tire of it after a while...hell :doh: it's more popular than ever. Never played, looks like fun but it also looks like too much work and time.

Yeah it can be. I don't understand how players can be in multiple leagues at the same time... Its enough trying to keep up with one.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it can be. I don't understand how players can be in multiple leagues at the same time... Its enough trying to keep up with one.

I have enjoyed it for years, the only problem I have is that it seems like my either my number one QB or RB goes down every year, then there is absolutely no quality RB 's out there and Yiur season is pretty much over!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fantasy also makes it more interesting to watch some of the other games that aren't really that good just because you might have someone playing in that game

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fantasy also makes it more interesting to watch some of the other games that aren't really that good just because you might have someone playing in that game

Exactly

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have enjoyed it for years, the only problem I have is that it seems like my either my number one QB or RB goes down every year, then there is absolutely no quality RB 's out there and Yiur season is pretty much over!

Yeah this has happened to me this year. Mark Ingram hurt, Carson Palmer hurt, Jerod Mayo hurt. :L

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, nobody told me CJ and reggie bush would be out this week....so i lost by like 20 points these week :/

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not that tough, especially after a year or two under your belt. It's gotten a little more complicated with constant Thursday games, but really it's just a matter of setting your lineup Sunday mornings with as much info as you want to sift through, and making solid waiver claims each week (or managing your waiver position to get the big fish if your waiver order doesn't reset each week. Trades happen, but not that often during the season (at least in the leagues I have been in).

Other fantasy sports (like baseball and basketball) are much more time consuming since there are games daily, and thus you need to adjust your lineup daily (if permitted by your league, some freeze your starters for the week). I can't speak to hockey leagues, as I am not a fan of the sport really (will casually follow the local Sabres).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is the main reason I always draft RB heavy, and early. Even while fantasy "experts" will tell you that RBs aren't the dominant position any more, finding those every-down RBs that are also receivers out of the backfield will carry you a long way. WRs are usually easier to find via waivers if you strike out somewhat in the draft. As far as QBs, I almost never grab one early, and then grab two mid-tier guys with upside pretty close together.

My favorite league is the dynasty league, where you keep your whole team. Even bad seasons can help you build your roster, as you typically will have the better waiver position if struggling, and then will get an early draft slot to pick from the incoming rookie crop. Of course, dynasty leagues require being in it for the long haul, and require some different thinking in terms of trades and when to move/give up on a player. I took over a team after an owner quit (actually two owners quit, so two of us had a mini-draft from those two orphaned teams' rosters), and didn't win much right away. However, adding rookies each year and finding those hidden waiver gems just as they emerge (or before) had my team in the championship last year, and may have won it had my top WR (Julio Jones) not gone down early in the season. I was just out-gunned in the final.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So after we saw him against the 49ers and Seattle at home, what do we do with Davis? I didn't watch the Seattle game - went to the lake. But 19/21 and 2 TDs sounds like a good game manager to me.

I think we sign him to a 4 yr deal and draft a QB as well. Either way Davis is a dam good back up and a good starting game manager. He didn't look great against the 49ers in the 2nd half, but who did?

If the Rams were smart they could sign Davis to $3/4 million a year right now don't u think?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree. Sign Davis to an extension. He's our guy for the next four years or so. Draft one of the stud QBs this year and develop him for two to three years like it should be done and jettison Bradford. Done, no more wasting money on the guy. Next, move the team to LA and start anew.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree. Sign Davis to an extension. He's our guy for the next four years or so. Draft one of the stud QBs this year and develop him for two to three years like it should be done and jettison Bradford. Done, no more wasting money on the guy. Next, move the team to LA and start anew.

:lame:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is lame is to believe that the Rams are going to stick around St. Louis after the stadium lease runs out this year. You must believe in the tooth fairy as well.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is lame is to believe that the Rams are going to stick around St. Louis after the stadium lease runs out this year. You must believe in the tooth fairy as well.

i cant help it. I was a kiddo when they first came to STL and if it wasn't for the greatst show on turf, i wouldn't have even got interested in football. Not like dad was gonna help. :bawling:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I saw that SJ76 but there is not alot of pre-vote sentiment to allow the Rams to do that at least from what the info I am getting.