• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Darius Fleming hurt... again

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Man preliminarily looks like the same knee. Hopefully he didn't re-damage it.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I wonder if he'll even make the team. If he doesn't show something soon, he could be the next Scott McKillop.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I wonder if he'll even make the team. If he doesn't show something soon, he could be the next Scott McKillop.

Yeah, he was something of a longshot before this. Of our OLBs, he seems like he might have the most ability in coverage - probably behind Brooks. Though word from OTAs is that Lemonier has shown better movement skills than anticipated (I thought he showed pretty nice fluidity in combine drills). If Fleming has anything semi-serious, he's probably gone.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I was actually hoping Flemming would play ILB, but he has to be able to step on the field first of course.

Flemming would've been behind Lemonier & Haralson on the depth chart at OLB anway.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There could be a spot for Darius at ST's, but this is not good for him. We could possibly only keep only one ILB if we really wanted extra OLB because Brooks could be shifted inside in an emergency. I don't like that though. Any ILB depth player would also contribute on ST's.

He's really got to get healthy and start showing things in training camp or he'll be gone.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was actually hoping Flemming would play ILB, but he has to be able to step on the field first of course.

Flemming would've been behind Lemonier & Haralson on the depth chart at OLB anway.

And very possibly/likely Cam Johnson, who spent the last several games on the active roster.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There could be a spot for Darius at ST's, but this is not good for him. We could possibly only keep only one ILB if we really wanted extra OLB because Brooks could be shifted inside in an emergency. I don't like that though. Any ILB depth player would also contribute on ST's.

He's really got to get healthy and start showing things in training camp or he'll be gone.

I could easily see us keeping three backup ILBs, too, though. Wilhoite, Skuta, and Moody theoretically would form our STs core.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Somewhat relevant:

-McCoy lasered a deep go route to tight end Garrett Celek during the same team period. Lemonier had tight coverage, but the throw was perfectly placed.

Celek isn't exactly a burner, but he's not slow, either. It's a good sign if Lemonier is able to keep up with him.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
@mattbarrows Initial diagnosis for #49ers OLB Darius Fleming is that he merely "tweaked" left knee. Hope is that he'll be back on the field Monday.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot Lemonier is here too... lol...damn Calamity, where you been!!!

bye Flemming...

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Huh. This is interesting. And could also bode poorly for Fleming:

Dan Skuta, who served mostly as a backup inside linebacker with the Cincinnati Bengals, is playing outside linebacker with the 49ers.

"He's got some good versatility outside and inside," Harbaugh said. "But, right now, (we are) mainly working as an outside linebacker. But he has the ability to go inside as well."