• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Danny Hurley welcome to the Lakers !

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What LeBron did was waaaaayyy better.

Tell me, what have those other franchises been able to do after trading their star for 50 cents on the dollar?

Cleveland bottomed out, won the lottery a couple times and was able to compile the assets to get LeBron back.
I'd like something in middle (and agree with what trojan said)....quietly tell the team you are gone so they can plan accordingly and go for one more title or trade him.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant are you sure you post about them?

LOL.

If anyone is wondering if I’m a uconn fan then it’s clearly not enough

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like something in middle (and agree with what trojan said)....quietly tell the team you are gone so they can plan accordingly and go for one more title or trade him.

That isn’t realistic.

Because as soon as Cleveland makes a trade offer, guess what happens?

The other team, in their own best interest to get a better deal, leaks that Cleveland is shopping him and the news gets out.

There is no such thing as a quiet superstar trade.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn’t realistic.

Because as soon as Cleveland makes a trade offer, guess what happens?

The other team, in their own best interest to get a better deal, leaks that Cleveland is shopping him and the news gets out.

There is no such thing as a quiet superstar trade.
Not really sure what you are saying.... no superstar ever went for fair market value? Upon hearing the news Lebron might be on the market, you think no one ups offer to make sure they get him?

either way, I'd prefer Lebron let the Cavs know he has no plans to stay. I think we could have received a decent offer had no one known or the entire world known. If that was thew route the Cavs wanted to take (and not sure they would have).

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really sure what you are saying.... no superstar ever went for fair market value? Upon hearing the news Lebron might be on the market, you think no one ups offer to make sure they get him?

either way, I'd prefer Lebron let the Cavs know he has no plans to stay. I think we could have received a decent offer had no one known or the entire world known. If that was thew route the Cavs wanted to take (and not sure they would have).

Paul George went for above market value

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would assume so. There really hasn't been much talk about possible other candidates outside of Jay Wright emerging as some sort of "stealth candidate".
all I,ve heard on espn is they want to name a hc before draft day.that,s it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It isn’t realistic to think there is any possibility that can happen quietly.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn’t realistic to think there is any possibility that can happen quietly.
That's probably true and why I changed it to just have him let the Cavs know his plans so they can decide how to handle it - trade him and get something or go for one more title.

Might have been better than a nationally televised show in which he knew the outcome for months (or maybe years).

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all I,ve heard on espn is they want to name a hc before draft day.that,s it.

Heard the same and I'm not even sure it was a quote from the Lakers. They could have just been saying it because common sense would dictate that you'd want the HC's input on your draft pick.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard the same and I'm not even sure it was a quote from the Lakers. They could have just been saying it because common sense would dictate that you'd want the HC's input on your draft pick.
I also heard they were looking at a pelican assistant.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also heard they were looking at a pelican assistant.

Yeah, that's James Borrego. He's been considered to be 2nd or 3rd on their list since Redick was the favorite. The Dan Hurley thing kind of came out of nowhere (at least publicly).

Lakers could lose out on him too as I believe he interviews with the Cavs today.

The Lakers better hope he prefers LA/SoCal over Cleveland and be prepared to outbid, and thus, possibly overpay for him because the Cavs are on the verge of being contenders for 5-7 plus years.

Meanwhile, the Lakers are looking at a rebuild in a couple of years.

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's probably true and why I changed it to just have him let the Cavs know his plans so they can decide how to handle it - trade him and get something or go for one more title.

Might have been better than a nationally televised show in which he knew the outcome for months (or maybe years).

You are also making a really big assumption. One that I don’t believe to be true.

I don’t believe LeBron knew he was leaving until right before he made the decision.

He knew Miami was an option. But almost no way he had his mind made up before the season started when obviously he felt tied to the city of Cleveland.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are also making a really big assumption. One that I don’t believe to be true.

I don’t believe LeBron knew he was leaving until right before he made the decision.

He knew Miami was an option. But almost no way he had his mind made up before the season started when obviously he felt tied to the city of Cleveland.
"NO way he had his mind made up"? I get not wanting to believe the story that the 3 of them put this plan in place when they were together at the olympics but it's certainly not a crazy notion this is what happened.

and he didn't know until right before? Just wow if you really believe that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"NO way he had his mind made up"? I get not wanting to believe the story that the 3 of them put this plan in place when they were together at the olympics but it's certainly not a crazy notion this is what happened.

and he didn't know until right before? Just wow if you really believe that.

He didn’t know an entire year before.

Almost no chance.

If Cleveland had won a title you really think he leaves?

It was a hypothetical until it happened. Just like Durant to the Warriors.

Lots can change over the course of the season.