• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas week Rex vs Andy pre game

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well for those fans/Dean, until they realize the tool bag is only half full, they won't get it.
I don't believe the tool bag is half full...I KNOW its empty...LOL

I have said for 2 years we are the worst team in the league. We potentially have the worst front office with Curly and Moe calling the shots.

Last edited:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully he turns it around. Aren’t they placing him closer to the line in the position that is really his strength. Box vs Free? X and O guys?
He has been playing in the box and close to the line in many situations. He is free lancing. Sometimes the best play is just doing your responsibility and maybe you make a guy cut back into the D instead of creating a hole.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad-

Nobody mocks you but it is confusing. You have said the same thing literally since the early 2000's on the ESPN boards. You and Goldy would go at it all the time. I personally miss you and Fletch arguing. You vs Asbestos was my favorite.

Regardless of the coach, regardless of the scheme, regardless of the QB....you have always said we need to be patient. You are consistent though. I think you and I got into it with Zorn as well. I hated the hire but you wanted us to be patient.

He has always preached it but we have never done it.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a
Skinsdad-

Nobody mocks you but it is confusing. You have said the same thing literally since the early 2000's on the ESPN boards. You and Goldy would go at it all the time. I personally miss you and Fletch arguing. You vs Asbestos was my favorite.

Regardless of the coach, regardless of the scheme, regardless of the QB....you have always said we need to be patient. You are consistent though. I think you and I got into it with Zorn as well. I hated the hire but you wanted us to be patient.
and you never have been patient , but go ahead and be impatient , its worked so well since 1992 . how have had umpteen new HC's each wanting there own systems and about 31 qbs . , winning successful teams all have 31 starting qbs in 25 years dont they . i have decades of post all the way from ESPN with fans not letting a coach or player get a snap in before wanting the next shiny toy . there is a littany of failed free agents on this team for decades . from sanders to collins we have had big name failed free agents at a 90% clipbut lets not be patient because there is another way right

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a

and you never have been patient , but go ahead and be impatient , its worked so well since 1992 . how have had umpteen new HC's each wanting there own systems and about 31 qbs . , winning successful teams all have 31 starting qbs in 25 years dont they . i have decades of post all the way from ESPN with fans not letting a coach or player get a snap in before wanting the next shiny toy . there is a littany of failed free agents on this team for decades . from sanders to collins we have had big name failed free agents at a 90% clipbut lets not be patient because there is another way right

Well thats just not true and you are making that up.

I wanted us to keep Marty and give him more time.
I wanted us to keep Spurrier and give him more time.
I even wanted us to give Shannahan more time as well because I knew Kyle was an excellent play caller

You are making things up.

Regarding FA.
I was against signing Albert Haynesworth
I was against signing Landon Collins
I was against trading for McNabb
I was against signing Jeff George

I have always advocating signing free agents who were young and healthy to smart deals and building through the draft. Our problem is we do not draft that well and history shows that.

We have been impatient with some coaches I believe such as Marty but I think we have given other coaches plenty of time such as Gruden and Norv Turner. Turner should have been kept but he did have 7 years. Gruden had 5 .5 years.

Its a mixed bag regarding proper time given to coaches to coach and lead a team. You could tell right out of the gate that some of these coaches were not going to work like Zorn and Petibon. With the FO, we had Cerrato from 2002-2009 and then Allen from 2010-2019. Can you explain how we were "impatient" with Cerrato and Allen. Should we have given Allen more than 9 years or we "impatient" with him? What about Vinny...were we too impatient with him? They were responsible for building these teams. You said we were not patient in the past 20 years but we really only had to GM like figures calling the shots. You are not making any sense.

You constantly say we need to be patient and blame signing free agents is a sign of being impatient. George Allen preferred the free agent route and wanted veterans instead of young players and we had 7 straight winning seasons. Was Allen "impatient".

The problem with sitting back on the board and preaching "patience" is that it is a safe and easy position to take. Its like taking the moral highground. When things go south, you can always thump your chest and say that we should have been more patient because its impossible to attack as you never know what could have happened. For example:

We should have been more patient with Jason Campbell
We should have been more patient with Brandon Lloyd
We should have been more patient with RG3
We should have been more patient with Haynesworth
We should have been more patient with Rex Grossman
We should have been more patient with Patrick Ramsey

You can't really argue and say that we would NOT have been successful if we kept those players and gave them more time. Nobody can prove you right or wrong.

Its a quick and easy way out when a player or coach doesn't work out. Instead of holding those individuals accountable, you simply say we were not patient and it explains away any accountablity or errors. That is what is frustrating. We have been patient from time to time as proven above but it doesn't fit your narrative so you slap the patient label on it and claim that patience would have saved the franchise over the past 20 years. That is simply not true.

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we are not patient with players , scores of them leave here and are successful on winning teams

it takes time to build a consistent winner period and we arent replacing 23 players on this team with top talent in one off season , not happening and starting over at qb sets us back (again)

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we are not patient with players , scores of them leave here and are successful on winning teams

it takes time to build a consistent winner period and we arent replacing 23 players on this team with top talent in one off season , not happening and starting over at qb sets us back (again)

So you are admittng that RR mishandled the Haskins situation?
Question: Who do we need to be patient with? RR or Haskins...or both.

If you are patient with Haskins, then he needs to be the starting QB so he can learn, grow and develop. We need to give him more chances to be successful on the field. Haskins wants to start.

If you are patient with RR, then we are going to get yet another QB next year and Haskins could be one of those player who leaves and is succesful on a winning team. We need to be patient with RR's plan and trust that Kyle Allen and Alex Smith give us the best chance to win going forward and that Haskins is NOT part of those plans.

In other words, either Haskins or RR is right here and we cannot be patient with both. One of them is right and the other is wrong. Saying we need to be patient isn't the answer because you cannot be patient with both parties here unless we keep Haskins in the bench for the foreseable future. He was drafted to be our franchise QB so sitting him on the bench is being too patient correct?

Which players have left here and been successful?
Adam Archuleta
Adam Haynesworth
Brandon Lloyd
A. Randle El
Donovan McNabb
Jeremiah Trotter
Jesse Armstead
RG3

I can think of Brad Johnson, Ryan Clark, Carlos Rodgers and Lorenzo Alexander off the top of my head who left and had success.

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are admittng that RR mishandled the Haskins situation?
Question: Who do we need to be patient with? RR or Haskins...or both.

If you are patient with Haskins, then he needs to be the starting QB so he can learn, grow and develop. We need to give him more chances to be successful on the field. Haskins wants to start.

If you are patient with RR, then we are going to get yet another QB next year and Haskins could be one of those player who leaves and is succesful on a winning team. We need to be patient with RR's plan and trust that Kyle Allen and Alex Smith give us the best chance to win going forward and that Haskins is NOT part of those plans.

In other words, either Haskins or RR is right here and we cannot be patient with both. One of them is right and the other is wrong. Saying we need to be patient isn't the answer because you cannot be patient with both parties here unless we keep Haskins in the bench for the foreseable future. He was drafted to be our franchise QB so sitting him on the bench is being too patient correct?

Which players have left here and been successful?
Adam Archuleta
Adam Haynesworth
Brandon Lloyd
A. Randle El
Donovan McNabb
Jeremiah Trotter
Jesse Armstead
RG3

I can think of Brad Johnson, Ryan Clark, Carlos Rodgers and Lorenzo Alexander off the top of my head who left and had success.
Geez Duke I am talking about draft picks not has been FAs

Yes RR mishandled DH as did gruden

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be impatient Duke , let’s see if it works .

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez Duke I am talking about draft picks not has been FAs

Yes RR mishandled DH as did gruden
What draft picks did we give up on prematurely that had success? You said "scores"

Sua Cravens
RG3
Josh Doctson

Just curious what scores of draft picks we gave up on.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be impatient Duke , let’s see if it works .
So tell us how long we need to stick with RR and Smith? When does the patience wear off?

You never answered my question about Cerrato and Allen. Were we too impatient with them? I think we were very patient with both of them but maybe you feel otherwise.

Or are we talking about draft picks again? Which draft picks have I given up on?

All i have said is that there are major warning signs with RR's A. Coaching history and B. Year 1 offseason strategy

Was Carolina not patient enough with RR after 9 years? They are actually competitive and winning right now under a rookie coach.

We should NOT fire RR right now or even after the offseason. That is crazy. Like I have said, the warning signs are there and every major sports pundit of credibility that I have read says that. We can all list a handful of mistakes that RR has made since stepping foot in DC. The worst it gets...the more it appears we made a mistake here. I personally believe we made a mistake by A. Hiring him to coach and B. Giving him final say on roster formation. In that, yes, I believe we made a mistake but I do not believe we should fire him now or after the season. I believe the Jets would beat us in a game and I believe last year's team would beat this team.

So let me ask you, if the team does not improve next year or shows slight improvement, how much patience is shown? Do we give him 2, 3, or 4 years even if the team stays the same or digresses some? We can't keep bringing in bad coaches and sticking with them in the name of patience.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So tell us how long we need to stick with RR and Smith? When does the patience wear off?

You never answered my question about Cerrato and Allen. Were we too impatient with them? I think we were very patient with both of them but maybe you feel otherwise.

Or are we talking about draft picks again? Which draft picks have I given up on?

All i have said is that there are major warning signs with RR's A. Coaching history and B. Year 1 offseason strategy

Was Carolina not patient enough with RR after 9 years? They are actually competitive and winning right now under a rookie coach.

We should NOT fire RR right now or even after the offseason. That is crazy. Like I have said, the warning signs are there and every major sports pundit of credibility that I have read says that. We can all list a handful of mistakes that RR has made since stepping foot in DC. The worst it gets...the more it appears we made a mistake here. I personally believe we made a mistake by A. Hiring him to coach and B. Giving him final say on roster formation. In that, yes, I believe we made a mistake but I do not believe we should fire him now or after the season. I believe the Jets would beat us in a game and I believe last year's team would beat this team.

So let me ask you, if the team does not improve next year or shows slight improvement, how much patience is shown? Do we give him 2, 3, or 4 years even if the team stays the same or digresses some? We can't keep bringing in bad coaches and sticking with them in the name of patience.
i guarantee it lasts more then 6 games . you didnt wait for a snap to be done before you were done

cerrato and allen are the epitome of what i am talking about when it comes to impatience

RR was the top coach available he gets 3 years . would have been closer to 2 but we need a qb so that sets it back a year

this team will show improvement this year . at the end of the year we will be better

again we have went though coaches like i have underwear . no stability at HC and at qb means losing

if impatience works then do your thing and see how it works

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

[T]he league {is] on pace to have a total of 161 two-point conversion attempts this season. Last season there were 113 two-point conversion attempts across the league. Last year teams went for two on 8 percent of all touchdowns, while this year teams are going for two on 11 percent of all touchdowns.

Teams have converted exactly 50 percent of two-point conversions this year after converting 48 percent of two-point conversions last year.

NFL kickers make 94 percent of extra points, so the two-point conversion is a slightly more successful play, on average, than kicking the extra point: An extra point kick will net, on average, 0.94 points, while a two-point conversion will net, on average, 1.0 points.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marty did have it going in the right direction but Deion whining about the Oklahoma drill and Dan not wanting to be told to sit in the box and watch the game ... poof, he was gone.

21 years later Dan still doesn't know his (_)_) form a hole in the ground.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marty did have it going in the right direction but Deion whining about the Oklahoma drill and Dan not wanting to be told to sit in the box and watch the game ... poof, he was gone.

21 years later Dan still doesn't know his (_)_) form a hole in the ground.
I was irked by that. Marty turned the team around mid season. I will never forget the complaining about the Oklahoma drill.

I think Danny had a crush on Spurrier as he saw FL score a million point a game....and there you have it. Marty wanted old school football and Spurrier wanted the Fun en Gun.

BIG MISTAKE for Danny.

The sad thing is if anyone asked Danny privately what mistakes he has made as the Skins owner, I bet he would say something like:

"Well, its not easy, but I have done a good job all things considered"

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guarantee it lasts more then 6 games . you didnt wait for a snap to be done before you were done

cerrato and allen are the epitome of what i am talking about when it comes to impatience

RR was the top coach available he gets 3 years . would have been closer to 2 but we need a qb so that sets it back a year

this team will show improvement this year . at the end of the year we will be better

again we have went though coaches like i have underwear . no stability at HC and at qb means losing

if impatience works then do your thing and see how it works
I was done with his GM roster building approach...yes. It made no sense to me and still doesn't. Coaching, yes, he deserves time to coach and get healthy.

You have continually said "we stink" and I agree. While you can blame Allen for most of that, RR needs to be blamed as well.

Suppose you and I were hired to run the New York Knicks (heaven help us). Imagine if in year 1, we:

1. Did little to nothing to address the leagues worst scoring team.
2. Brought in a journeyman who had been cut from several teams to run the PG position for us even though its our biggest weakness.
3. Did little to nothing to address the poor shooting of the team.

How do you think fans and the NBA world would perceive our efforts? We had 1 job to do and we made little effort in our first year. Would that not be a red flag?