• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas week Rex vs Andy pre game

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he used us to get more out of Dallas. He played Smith and Rivera big time.
dallas can get out of that contract next season so who played whom ?

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really well done article for Blogging the Boys with Hogs Haven imo...

Here we go, it’s time for that long and storied rivalry against the... err... Football Team? Yup, the team from Washington will host the Cowboys this Sunday so we turn to Hogs Haven for a little info on the fightin’ Football Team.

Blogging The Boys: Talk about the situation at quarterback. It looks like Kyle Allen will be the starter. Should he be? What does he bring to the table?

BTB: Besides the QB situation, what other issues have held the offense back and is there hope they will improve soon?

BTB: Given the state of the NFC East, are fans of the team still invested in trying to make the playoffs this year, or is this really all about rebuilding?

BTB: How has Ron Rivera been as the new head coach? Is the fanbase confident that he can get things turned around in Washington?

BTB: Most observers think the Washington defense, especially up front, has the talent to be a solid unit. What are you seeing from that side of the ball?

Thanks for the knowledge, Hogs Haven.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opponent perspective

The Cowboys share a few similarities with their opponents this Sunday. The Cowboys fired their Head Coach in the offseason and hired former PackersHead Coach Mike McCarthy to replace him. McCarthy brought in former Saints LB coach Mike Nolan to serve as his Defensive Coordinator (along with Jim Tomsula as DL coach) and hired former Rams Special Teams Coordinator John Fassel to oversee that phase of the game. Unlike Washington, the Cowboys maintained their former OC Kellen Moore. Perhaps it’s not a coincidence that the Cowboys offense has been the most productive unit on the team so far this season. However, the offense took a huge step back with a season-ending injury to QB Dak Prescott, who suffered a broken and dislocated ankle week 5 against the Giants. Backup QB Andy Dalton looked immobile and uncomfortable replacing Prescott in their week 6 matchup against the Cardinals. Injuries across most of the offensive line certainly haven’t helped.

The biggest weakness of the Cowboys team seems to be their defense. After holding the Rams to 20 points in week 1, the Cowboys defense has failed to hold an opponent to fewer than 34 points this season.

To learn more about these and other issues, I asked Dave Halprin of Blogging the Boys five questions about the state of the Cowboys and what to look for in this game

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dallas can get out of that contract next season so who played whom ?
Maybe it was a win-win for Cooper and Dallas? The fact that Smith and RR didn't see thru Cooper's games and wanted to pay him 20 million plus a year is disturbing.

I understand what you are saying about climbing the ladder with becoming a GM and I get that.
To rebuild a roster that was arguably the worst in the NFL, wouldn't it make sense to bring in someone with some GM experience who knows what they are doing like an Assistant GM? Instead, we went with a rookie pseudo GM (Smith) and gave personnel decisions to a coach who had never been over personnel during his tenure in the NFL. I repeat, RR had no personnel authority in Carolina I think we can both agree that this was probably not smart at all. RR should have done with Andy Reid did when he came to KC and brought somebody with him who knew the ropes in Dorsey. I believe its worked pretty well for them right?

Like I said, with the dumpster fire the roster was in, I can see no logic in giving the reins to a first time duo. While Smith has solid college and draft experience, he had no experience with courting free agents, selling the organization and locking down a contract. Neither did RR and it showed with the egg they laid in offseason #1. Someone with experience in those 3 areas and was an understudy to a successful GM should have been given that assignment. As I have said a million times, when Snyder said that RR was the final voice and final authority, I saw a red flag. The kyrptonite for several NFL coaches has been jurisdiction over personnel.

This was a good article on the plan that he and RR had going into the offseason.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it was a win-win for Cooper and Dallas? The fact that Smith and RR didn't see thru Cooper's games and wanted to pay him 20 million plus a year is disturbing.

I understand what you are saying about climbing the ladder with becoming a GM and I get that.
To rebuild a roster that was arguably the worst in the NFL, wouldn't it make sense to bring in someone with some GM experience who knows what they are doing like an Assistant GM? Instead, we went with a rookie pseudo GM (Smith) and gave personnel decisions to a coach who had never been over personnel during his tenure in the NFL. I repeat, RR had no personnel authority in Carolina I think we can both agree that this was probably not smart at all. RR should have done with Andy Reid did when he came to KC and brought somebody with him who knew the ropes in Dorsey. I believe its worked pretty well for them right?

Like I said, with the dumpster fire the roster was in, I can see no logic in giving the reins to a first time duo. While Smith has solid college and draft experience, he had no experience with courting free agents, selling the organization and locking down a contract. Neither did RR and it showed with the egg they laid in offseason #1. Someone with experience in those 3 areas and was an understudy to a successful GM should have been given that assignment. As I have said a million times, when Snyder said that RR was the final voice and final authority, I saw a red flag. The kyrptonite for several NFL coaches has been jurisdiction over personnel.

This was a good article on the plan that he and RR had going into the offseason.

i watched allen and cerrato do the same thing if what you are saying is true . here in dallas they say cooper simply wanted to play with dallas and he took far less to do so kind of blowing up your theory

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i watched allen and cerrato do the same thing if what you are saying is true . here in dallas they say cooper simply wanted to play with dallas and he took far less to do so kind of blowing up your theory
The way I understood he didn’t take way less due to taxes from each state. He wanted to play for the girls regardless

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I understood he didn’t take way less due to taxes from each state. He wanted to play for the girls regardless
What they reported here in Dallas is he took way less to be here . I don’t think you can make the case cooper played anybody on the skins

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its obvious he leveraged the Skins to get more out of the Cowboys. Dewy Scruggs, Cowboys beat writer admitted this. RR fell for the trap.
Hopefully RR and Smith learn from this.

In a recent episode of the Redskins Talk podcast, Cowboys beat reporter Newy Scruggs explained why he believes Cooper turned down more money from the Redskins to stay with Dallas.

"I just think he used Washington for the leverage to get [the money] he wanted," Scruggs said. "He said all the time he wanted to play for the Cowboys."

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see that Duke

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its obvious he leveraged the Skins to get more out of the Cowboys. Dewy Scruggs, Cowboys beat writer admitted this. RR fell for the trap.
Hopefully RR and Smith learn from this.

In a recent episode of the Redskins Talk podcast, Cowboys beat reporter Newy Scruggs explained why he believes Cooper turned down more money from the Redskins to stay with Dallas.

"I just think he used Washington for the leverage to get [the money] he wanted," Scruggs said. "He said all the time he wanted to play for the Cowboys."

I don’t mind that though. Raised the price for the girls. I’ll take that anytime

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And who hasn’t done that
To us ? But now smith is a dick ? If true ?