• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas week Rex vs Andy pre game

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What draft picks did we give up on prematurely that had success? You said "scores"

Sua Cravens
RG3
Josh Doctson

Just curious what scores of draft picks we gave up on.

Kendall Fuller
Preston Smith
Jamison Crowder
Austin Reiter- SB starter win
Trent Murphy
Spencer Long
Brashaud Breeland- SB starter win

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kendall Fuller
Preston Smith
Jamison Crowder
Austin Reiter- SB starter win
Trent Murphy
Spencer Long
Brashaud Breeland- SB starter win
We liked Fuller so much we brought him back. Not enough money for an under performing Smith at the time. Crowder should have been retained. Reiter could not become our starter for some reason. Murphy playing out of position in our 3-4 defense. Long was avg here in DC and Gruden let him walk. Breeland was always burnt toast here in DC.
Was it Gruden who gave up on these guys or his staff who didn't coach them up? You have to admit, Reiter and Breeland won superbowls with already established superbowl contenders. One could argue neither was needed in KC all though, Breeland did perform better in KC. Was it scheme by the DC?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was done with his GM roster building approach...yes. It made no sense to me and still doesn't. Coaching, yes, he deserves time to coach and get healthy.

You have continually said "we stink" and I agree. While you can blame Allen for most of that, RR needs to be blamed as well.

Suppose you and I were hired to run the New York Knicks (heaven help us). Imagine if in year 1, we:

1. Did little to nothing to address the leagues worst scoring team.
2. Brought in a journeyman who had been cut from several teams to run the PG position for us even though its our biggest weakness.
3. Did little to nothing to address the poor shooting of the team.

How do you think fans and the NBA world would perceive our efforts? We had 1 job to do and we made little effort in our first year. Would that not be a red flag?
he tried to get cooper and hooper . they didnt want to come

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to say I’m a Bit worried about Chase and his groin. Those are hard to heal and I don’t want him messing up his as well as our long term goals by playing hurt and not having patience to let him heal fully. (See what I did there? ;))

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We liked Fuller so much we brought him back. Not enough money for an under performing Smith at the time. Crowder should have been retained. Reiter could not become our starter for some reason. Murphy playing out of position in our 3-4 defense. Long was avg here in DC and Gruden let him walk. Breeland was always burnt toast here in DC.
Was it Gruden who gave up on these guys or his staff who didn't coach them up? You have to admit, Reiter and Breeland won superbowls with already established superbowl contenders. One could argue neither was needed in KC all though, Breeland did perform better in KC. Was it scheme by the DC?

Point is...all of these guys were replaced by something better supposedly. I think we could use Long, Reiter, and Breeland.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point is...all of these guys were replaced by something better supposedly. I think we could use Long, Reiter, and Breeland.
I think Breeland had talent but was a head case myself. Forgot why we lost Long - didn’t he go to the Jets for money reasons and basically do nothing....but remember being pissed at losing Reiter to the Browns.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Breeland had talent but was a head case myself. Forgot why we lost Long - didn’t he go to the Jets for money reasons and basically do nothing....but remember being pissed at losing Reiter to the Browns.

Long went to the Jets and started For around 4 or 5 mil I think. Since then, think of all the guards we used.

Breeland started for a SB winner. Opposite of Fuller, who the hell are we using?

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long went to the Jets and started For around 4 or 5 mil I think. Since then, think of all the guards we used.

Breeland started for a SB winner. Opposite of Fuller, who the hell are we using?
Aren’t both out of the game now?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he tried to get cooper and hooper . they didnt want to come
Oh come on Skinsdad-

You would have loved a shot to run the New York Knicks...LOL

That would be the worst job in America and I do not wish it on anybody.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breeland was never burnt toast. He had a tough game against Antonio Brown and the Steelers on MNF, but even in that game the old cliche "a matter of inches" was the difference in AB catching n scoring TDs or BB deflecting the passes. I think what BB fucked up was Scottie Mac paying Norman #1 cover CB money and paying Chris Culliver as well. Both those FA picks were full on terrible picks. Breeland was/is better than both of them.

JC, I dunno what happened to him, but after a few nice seasons. His last year in DC was injury plagued and turnover prone as well. He had a few nice games towards the end of the year, but I think the decision had already been made and I'm not if it was coaches or JC who decided his time in DC was over. Shame we went to the one team that is probably worse off than WFT on some levels. Looks like he's well on his way to his best season ever stat-wise.

Murphy - meh. Same for Smith as well. He made some plays as a Redskin, but he wasn't near consistent enough at doing it. I'm not saying he played like Jane, but as much as he looked like Tarzan. I had hopes he might become a difference maker.

I'll tell you what though. While I don't think retaining one, some or all of the guys mentioned in post #101 would've made a lot of difference for the Skins, we'd likely be right here right now. Looking at the 3 players retained in Cravens, Doctson and Griffin. The guys we let walk look like fuckin studs in comparison. Both Doctson and Cravens are out of football already and Griffin will never be anything other than a 2nd tier backup QB. waiting to experience his next injury if he has to sub in for 3 games or more.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all you youngins out there... and a bright spot in years of the desert for those of us older
Nothing better than a little whoopass during a Cowboys and Redskins showdown

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Co
Oh come on Skinsdad-

You would have loved a shot to run the New York Knicks...LOL

That would be the worst job in America and I do not wish it on anybody.
cooper was offers the highest paid wr by us and he turned it down to take less with Dallas