• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas was handed that game on a platter

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its textbook pi, stop with the over analysis. If the defender blocks the receivers ability to get the ball and NEVER so much as attempts to turn around, its pi.

THis is just straight up not true. You have the head of NFL officiating categorize the PI call as "debatable" and a former long time ref (Jerry Austin I believe) on Mike and Mike saying it WASNT PI. That's enough to conclude there's some subjectivity involved. It was a bad throw that hit the defender in the back, and the receiver never made an attempt to come back for the ball. That's enough right there to be within the rule and picking up the flag, not according to me but according to head of officiating and a former official.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THis is just straight up not true. You have the head of NFL officiating categorize the PI call as "debatable" and a former long time ref (Jerry Austin I believe) on Mike and Mike saying it WASNT PI. That's enough to conclude there's some subjectivity involved. It was a bad throw that hit the defender in the back, and the receiver never made an attempt to come back for the ball. That's enough right there to be within the rule and picking up the flag, not according to me but according to head of officiating and a former official.

The receiver did look back .... The defender is the one that didn't look back ... Did you watch the video?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The receiver did look back .... The defender is the one that didn't look back ... Did you watch the video?

Looking back doesn't matter. I've seen the play many times. Did you hear the former official explain it on Mike and Mike? Did you watch Dean Blandino say the PI was debatable? The contact by the defender, according to Jerry Austin, must be determined to be the material cause of the receiver being unable to make a play on the ball. There's subjectivity or judgment involved there. In my judgment, based on watching the play oodles of times, is that the contact by the defender didn't prevent the receiver making a play on the ball, which was poorly thrown and hit the defender in the back.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uh oh now the shit is hitting the fan.

The NFL admitted to the Detroit Lions on Tuesday that officials missed a blatant hold on Ndamukong Suh on a crucial fourth-down conversion from Tony Romo to Jason Witten with six minutes left in Sunday's wild-card game.

like it or not people Detroit got screwed. Remember how you felt after SB XL? when watching the game i just got a feeling that they were not no matter what going to let Dallas lose.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The NFL admitted to the Detroit Lions on Tuesday that officials missed a blatant hold on Ndamukong Suh on a crucial fourth-down conversion from Tony Romo to Jason Witten with six minutes left in Sunday's wild-card game.

like it or not people Detroit got screwed. Remember how you felt after SB XL? when watching the game i just got a feeling that they were not no matter what going to let Dallas lose.

I definitely agree the refs blew it. Even if you're like me (clearly in the minority around here) and don't think it was PI, that infamous play still had 3 major goofs: 1) no defensive holding call that was obvious and pointed out by Blandino, 2) announcing the PI call and then picking it up without any explanation, and 3) no flag on Bryant for storming out onto the field to yell at refs. Horrible execution and missed calls.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The defender didn't look back? Did you not see that the receiver had him by the face mask? How was he suppose to look back?

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its over.
This just has to join the annals of playoff lore, like the tuck rule and music city miracle.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defender didn't look back? Did you not see that the receiver had him by the face mask? How was he suppose to look back?

oh come on Harold, incidental contact to the face mask is allowed just as long as you do not grab into it and/or spin take them down with it. you can tackle around someones head with your hands all over their Face masks and it won't be called as long as you did not use it to control or tackle him. Pettigrew had what one to two fingers through his mask and did not grab a hold to twist or control the defender. That is never called and rightfully so.

So you are saying repeatedly in the comments that you are ok with the Cowboys winning? right? See had they earned it i would be ok with it but the fourth quarter just got dirty as the game was controlled by the refs LATE IN THE FOURTH quarter. The Outcome of the game changed because of it undoubtedly. Dallas might have won but with out those calls late in the 4th Quarter, they almost certainly don't.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's the non call I had the most problem with in this game... I posted that a few days in post 25 of this thread... It would've given Dallas a long 4th down, where they would've more than likely punted...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh come on Harold, incidental contact to the face mask is allowed just as long as you do not grab into it and/or spin take them down with it. you can tackle around someones head with your hands all over their Face masks and it won't be called as long as you did not use it to control or tackle him. Pettigrew had what one to two fingers through his mask and did not grab a hold to twist or control the defender. That is never called and rightfully so.

So you are saying repeatedly in the comments that you are ok with the Cowboys winning? right? See had they earned it i would be ok with it but the fourth quarter just got dirty as the game was controlled by the refs LATE IN THE FOURTH quarter. The Outcome of the game changed because of it undoubtedly. Dallas might have won but with out those calls late in the 4th Quarter, they almost certainly don't.

My point is that this play had many, many, fouls. Crying about a tough call is something I hate. You say the Cowboys didn't earn it? Well the Lions didn't either, there were 8 minutes in the game when this play happened and the Lions had plenty of chances to win it, but they choked it away. One thing I hate worse then the Cowboys winning, it's all the crying over the call. This was a tough call and was handled about as bad as it could be handled, but it wasn't anywhere as clear cut as folks try to make it and at the end of the day the Lions had plenty of time, to win this game and came up short. End of story, now the Cowboys go to Lambeau, I hope they lose.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It must be a slow week with us bickering about the Lions-Cowpies game. I think we still hold some scars from SB40. It hurts that refs see the need to make their presence a determing factor of the game. However, as with the Seahawks from during SB40, the same goes to the Lions..... championship teams overcome adversity.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It must be a slow week with us bickering about the Lions-Cowpies game. I think we still hold some scars from SB40. It hurts that refs see the need to make their presence a determing factor of the game. However, as with the Seahawks from during SB40, the same goes to the Lions..... championship teams overcome adversity.

May be somewhere along those lines... I think it's because we can sympathize with the Lion's fans...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the non call I had the most problem with in this game... I posted that a few days in post 25 of this thread... It would've given Dallas a long 4th down, where they would've more than likely punted...

yep this was on their TD drive near the end of the game. It's just a dirty feeling knowing a games out come was very much effected by the refs. Dallas very well could have won with out it we will never know, but the odds are more against it. I feel bad for the Lion's fans because out of any fan base i think we as Seahawks fans all totally understand how painful it is to lose because of bad officiating. You can handle being beat when the team on the field beat you a lot better than having the refs hands majorly in the outcome.

Just at the end of the game it had that feeling of a gift, like the refs/NFL were not going to let the Lions win anyway. No matter what they did.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is that this play had many, many, fouls. Crying about a tough call is something I hate. You say the Cowboys didn't earn it? Well the Lions didn't either, there were 8 minutes in the game when this play happened and the Lions had plenty of chances to win it, but they choked it away. One thing I hate worse then the Cowboys winning, it's all the crying over the call. This was a tough call and was handled about as bad as it could be handled, but it wasn't anywhere as clear cut as folks try to make it and at the end of the day the Lions had plenty of time, to win this game and came up short. End of story, now the Cowboys go to Lambeau, I hope they lose.

Harold the VP or officiating has seen the play from EVERY ANGLE and probably more angles than we have seen and has stated it WAS a foul and the flag should NOT have been picked up. The fact that they called it right THEN picked up the flag is beyond dirty. He also goes on to say their was even 2 fouls on that same play by the same Dallas defender and Neither was called. Then goes on to state that their was a blatant TACKLE/HOLD on Suh on a 4th down Conversion that was ignored that allowed Dallas a 1st down and that drive turned into a TD. It was a BLATANT hold/tackle and everyone and their mothers saw it.

Missed calls i understand, but two Obvious plays, two in your face for the world to see calls and they blew it. How are you ignoring the push off of the defenders Left hand that totally turned the TE more and took his right arm out of the possibility to make a catch. We have seen a lot less against the Hawks called all season and we didn't bitch about it. So what the rules are different for some teams? yeah ok that doesn't fly. These were not the "oh well it was close" type plays you think it is. Either you wanted Dallas to win so we could face them again or you didn't want the Lions to win for some reason. You seem to be very Bias on this for someone that shouldn't be.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep this was on their TD drive near the end of the game. It's just a dirty feeling knowing a games out come was very much effected by the refs. Dallas very well could have won with out it we will never know, but the odds are more against it. I feel bad for the Lion's fans because out of any fan base i think we as Seahawks fans all totally understand how painful it is to lose because of bad officiating. You can handle being beat when the team on the field beat you a lot better than having the refs hands majorly in the outcome.

Just at the end of the game it had that feeling of a gift, like the refs/NFL were not going to let the Lions win anyway. No matter what they did.

Yep... Tony wouldn't have even gotten the ball off if Suh wasn't being held because Suh would've hit Tony, imo or if anything, rushed his throw....

Had that been JJ Watt, the holding call would've been called... Suh has an awful rep... I believe the # on his back and name on the jersey is what made the refs turn the other cheek.... The holding call was so blatant, out in the open, very hard to not notice...

Last edited by a moderator:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I feel like Leavy's SB40 crew came in and ruined what could have been a solid ending to the Det/Dal game. You know it stinks when the league has to apologize not once but twice.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like Leavy's SB40 crew came in and ruined what could have been a solid ending to the Det/Dal game. You know it stinks when the league has to apologize not once but twice.

Yep .... I saw those holding call's as plain as day... Detroit's D held them, but the refs awarded a couple 1st downs on that last drive... One was a big 3rd down that would a forced a field goal attempt... It was just BAD BAD BAD ...

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day I thought that not throwing the flag to begin with was the right call. My thing is that if you're going to throw the flag then have the balls to back it up. The excuse they gave for picking it up was lame. The receiver was held, then the receiver pushed up, then the guy covering him ran straight through him. The down should have been replayed. And the ensuing drive had a ton of holds that weren't called and the refs gave the Cowboys the majority of their yards.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day I thought that not throwing the flag to begin with was the right call. My thing is that if you're going to throw the flag then have the balls to back it up. The excuse they gave for picking it up was lame. The receiver was held, then the receiver pushed up, then the guy covering him ran straight through him. The down should have been replayed. And the ensuing drive had a ton of holds that weren't called and the refs gave the Cowboys the majority of their yards.

:agree:
Yes it did ( that last drive )and they did ( the refs ). That's what made me sick to my stomach. I saw what was going on and it seemed like they said ok time to let Dallas win this one with our calls or lack there of on the field. The game just got dirty, and in the playoffs refs should be seen but not heard when talking about the Outcome, If you get my meaning. The Refs hands were ALL OVER this victory for the Cowboys like it or not. With out the missed calls and the blown calls i do not see the Cowboys winning.