• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas was handed that game on a platter

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryant not getting an Unsportsmanlike call, however, was fucking ridiculous.

I agree with you on this part only and gave you a +1.

As to your other point, that was clear PI.
If they decided offsetting, they should have explained. They didn't.

This is more crooked than anything I've ever seen in Chicago, and that's saying something.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot believe how effin terrible those refs were ... That is the kinda @#$^# that scares me more than anything about the NFL sometimes, all these tick tack rules refs have to screw over a team... I"m sorry but I"m just sickened watching Dallas celebrate right now... What a @#^@ crock of @#$^^ ...
This wasn't a Seahawks game, why wouldn't you post this on the NFL side?

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obvious pass interference by Dallas called but not enforced and Bryant running on to the field without his helmet to holler at the refs not called for unsportsmanlike conduct.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I rest my case
Dallas got a gift and the Lions got fucked.

Kind of hard to argue against that. Detroit could have ended the game on that drive and the refs did what they could to stop it from happening. Everyone knows that Dallas/GB is way better for ratings. If Detroit wins you got Seattle/Detroit (meh) and GB/Carolina (meh). Now they have one "interesting" match-up to talk about all week.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obvious pass interference by Dallas called but not enforced and Bryant running on to the field without his helmet to holler at the refs not called for unsportsmanlike conduct.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I rest my case
Dallas got a gift and the Lions got fucked.

Amen

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On that last Dallas drive, the OL for Dallas held and tackled Suh right at Romo's feet... Obviously holding but the ref's wouldn't call it, i'm assuming because it's Suh... Then the OL got up and jumped right back onto Suh on that same play and didn't get called... If I remember correctly, Carpenter got a penalty called on him for the exact same thing against Dallas... Suh has a bad image and the ref's seemed like they weren't going to give him anything... A penalty is a penalty, regardless of who you are, no?

Aikman was driving me nuts in that 4th quarter... Everytime there could'a been a penalty called against Dallas, he'd say, "That was a great no-call"... When Detroit would commit a penalty he'd say, "That was a great call"...

That 4th quarter was annoying...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that, but if that's the case there should have been two offsetting flags with 3rd and 1 being replayed. Instead they punted.

Only if they happen in different area of the field. If it's on the same route, with the same players, first PI gets called.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if they happen in different area of the field. If it's on the same route, with the same players, first PI gets called.

Please reference the NFL rule book where there's some "zone" rule on PI. Just because a guy pushes off on his route doesn't give you the right to tackle him. A penalty is a penalty.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please reference the NFL rule book where there's some "zone" rule on PI. Just because a guy pushes off on his route doesn't give you the right to tackle him. A penalty is a penalty.

I could be wrong, but it seems to be common sense, the second PI may not occurred, but for the first PI.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep... And the PI call's bailing Dallas out 2 times on there last TD drive... I mean common... Dallas's O-line was holding like crazy and NO call's ... But make sure Dallas get's handed free 1st down's whenever they need it.. I"m sorry but it's just sick... I feel so bad for Detroit fans right now...

Yep, the better team got screwed today. Here's a question, why are the officiating crews split up? Has this been going on for a while or is this something new? I would think keeping the crews that have worked together all year would make things easier to figure out especially in a situation like this.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be wrong, but it seems to be common sense, the second PI may not occurred, but for the first PI.

It's been called. I've seen it a few times in college and I'm pretty sure that I've seen it happen in the NFL over the years. The thing is that it's not that common. I'd actually like it if they'd call it more instead of having two guys wrestling each other and arbitrarily calling a penalty on one or the other. Or just don't throw the flag either way unless it's blatant.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About an hour ago I counted 14 threads about that call and/or the officiating in that game. I am sure it will be on sports center all week with the NFL hacks giving it their usual whitewash.

A lot of Seahawks fans were on most of those threads including myself. I may be the number one dallas hater in some peoples book but I really have nothing against that team. Their a good team that finally got off the snide. It has been a troll fest between Seattle and dallas fans. Mostly funny. I can be just as annoying as any of them. Maybe I will back off on that.

I do think seattle fans are a little more sensitive to sports injustice than other fan bases. Sure, we have had our fair share of real shit shoved down our throats but is it really any more than other fan bases have experienced? We have all watched other teams get hosed. So I have no idea why we have that sensitivity over others.

If the situation was reversed and the Lions won on a bogus call, I would be just as concerned. I actually picked and wanted dallas to win because I think Detroit would give us some match up issues.

For the rest of the night, I am going to get really stoned and put on my tinfoil hat as I am sure the refs are coming for me.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed the game, but I hear that the play everyone is talking about could have been flagged for four different penalties, including one that was supposed to be a point of emphasis this season. That none were ultimately called does raise questions. It's going to be a hot topic for months, most likely. It happened on too big a stage for it not to be. It really doesn't surprise me that some people think the fix was in for the Cowboys. They've been mediocre for years and they have the highest profile owner in the league. That's usually a good recipe for conspiracy theories.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, we have had our fair share of real shit shoved down our throats but is it really any more than other fan bases have experienced?

Have you ever watched Superbowl 40?

Look, the call seemed obvious to me, but they picked the flag up. The only thing I can say about the situation is everybody knows damn well we would have been called for PI on that play. No question.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats an excellent point, we definitely would have been flagged for pi and the jackass aikman would have called it a great call by the refs.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot believe how effin terrible those refs were ... That is the kinda @#$^# that scares me more than anything about the NFL sometimes, all these tick tack rules refs have to screw over a team... I"m sorry but I"m just sickened watching Dallas celebrate right now... What a @#^@ crock of @#$^^ ...

Bad call, sure. But it gives us a chance to get Dallas in the NFC Championship game. And I want Dallas in that game. I'm sure the LOB does too. Unfinished business.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are wrong Harold, the only way they both wouldn't have been called is if the FIRST was a 15 yard personal foul ( like the defender grabs the WR facemask and the WR pushes him off him as the ball is in the air ), then that trumps a PI. I say it was a Defensive PI because we have seen the Hawks get called for that with WAY less contact than we saw on this play a half dozen times this year.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares? Honestly. We've seen controversial calls win us games (Fail Mary) and we've lost them (Vinny), but the important thing right now is that we play Carolina. Even if the call was bad, it's on the Lions for letting the refs have the opportunity to affect the game. Sometimes bad calls happen, you overcome them or you go home, the Lions are going home.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares? Honestly. We've seen controversial calls win us games (Fail Mary) and we've lost them (Vinny), but the important thing right now is that we play Carolina. Even if the call was bad, it's on the Lions for letting the refs have the opportunity to affect the game. Sometimes bad calls happen, you overcome them or you go home, the Lions are going home.

It was more than just one bad call... The last drive Cow's got bailed out twice on illegal contact call's ... The entire 4th quarter was handed away... It wasn't fair.. And when you say bad call's happen of course they do... BUT have you ever seen a flag taken away after the chains are moved ? And what's up with Dez running onto the field without a helmet ? NO CALL ? Something was up... Let's not all be blind...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention the blatant holds by their OL.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I watched SB40, I remember Testaverde, Kenny Easleys interception that wasn't. There's more but my brain still hasn't reboot this am. We are more sensitive to this kind of shit because we have experienced it.
We actually benefit from Dallas getting a gift. But we still hate it because it is an injustice.

What is really funny, is denial by dallas fans. I am sure people will gently remind them of this call anytime they complain about officiating.