• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sunday Night Football: Dallas @ San Francisco 8:20 pm EST NBC

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry. I can’t take a “threat” or ”promise” or whatever you want to call it, from a guy directed at the guy who just one-punch knocked you the FUCK out.

When that happens to you, you just kinda have to sit and take the medicine for a little bit. Don’t start your “HOLD ME BACK” act when the paramedics are still waving the smelling salts under your nose. It just doesn’t have the “umph” you may think it has.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. No disrespect to your Cowboys but the Niners are just a superior team in all phases of the game, imo. Micah Parsons might be in denial about that though.
I knew we werent better than the Niners, but was hoping to make a game of it.
They are simple a class above us right now.

Been saying since before the season started. The Niners were the team to beat this year.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Been saying since before the season started. The Niners were the team to beat this year.
I think we'll know after they face the Eagles

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we'll know after they face the Eagles
That is what I am saying.
I knew before the season started.
you guys will catch up to my knowledge though. :becky:

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think most of you Dallas fans were pretty rational about things Schmoopy. San Frans only potential problem could be injuries. They stay healthy and they have the best roster in football. Philly and a couple of the AFC teams are close but the Cowboys are a step down from that level. Some of the click baiters in the media were hyping Dallas pretty hard because of those 3 dominant wins, not taking into account, the D beat up on arguably, the 3 worst offenses in the league.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
There's something to be said for playing out a full college career in a less talented program as well and learning how to deal with adversity. But yeah, he just doesn't rattle at all. Like we all know, between the ears is what separates the good QBs from the average and I think this kid is really smart and just gets it.

It's an element that goes underrated because his volume of work in college is one big reason he's been able to step in and play at a high level. And he's played a ton of big games as an underdog so he doesn't have the experience like a lot of rookie QBs that get drafted high where their teams are so overwhelming talented in college it's a big adjustment when they get to the NFL where there is a lot more parity.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out because for the sake of argument if this 9er team wins the SB and is considered a historically great team it would be a perfect storm of circumstances that we've never seen and probably never see afterward. The odds of getting an average starter with the last pick in the 7th round is low but getting one that could be a top 10 or top 5 is astronomically low and the odds are even lower that QB gets drafted in one of the more talented teams in the league and could step in and play at a high level in not even a season's worth of starts. Even QBs that end up great usually don't hit their stride until year 3 and beyond and while the book is still out on Purdy he's hit his stride from the jump. I'd love to see if anyone could come up with actual odds of all of that happening.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an element that goes underrated because his volume of work in college is one big reason he's been able to step in and play at a high level. And he's played a ton of big games as an underdog so he doesn't have the experience like a lot of rookie QBs that get drafted high where their teams are so overwhelming talented in college it's a big adjustment when they get to the NFL where there is a lot more parity.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out because for the sake of argument if this 9er team wins the SB and is considered a historically great team it would be a perfect storm of circumstances that we've never seen and probably never see afterward. The odds of getting an average starter with the last pick in the 7th round is low but getting one that could be a top 10 or top 5 is astronomically low and the odds are even lower that QB gets drafted in one of the more talented teams in the league and could step in and play at a high level in not even a season's worth of starts. Even QBs that end up great usually don't hit their stride until year 3 and beyond and while the book is still out on Purdy he's hit his stride from the jump. I'd love to see if anyone could come up with actual odds of all of that happening.
What may happen is a shift in how QBs are scouted...if Purdy gets them a ring then perhaps other 'lesser' QBs (shorter, mid level programs, 4+ years in college) will get a look. Maybe it won't be such a frenzy to tank for Caleb or whoever. Tom Brady was famously a 6th rounder.

It's also of course the talent around him and the coach. Football is very much a team game. Does Purdy have these stats on the Broncos or the Bears? Is Brady the GOAT if he got drafted by Cleveland?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purdy has been nothing but spectacular. The Niners don't lose when he starts and finishes a game.
No reason to take points away because there are other good players on the team. :doh:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My preseason take was Purdy being the X factor as to claiming the Niners being the league's best team. First of all, no one was 100% sure how he'd respond after his injury in the NFC Championship game. And even if he was completely healthy, was his performance with the team prior to the injury the real McCoy or was it a one year wonder type of season. There was little doubt that outside the QB spot, the Niners were considered to have the most talented and balanced roster in the NFL. Hence Purdy being the X factor going into this season.

Well the X has been removed from him being a factor. Thru 5 games Purdy is playing as well as any QB in the league. Due to a balanced offense including a really effective running game, Purdy hasn't needed to throw a boatload of passes or for a ton of yardage. Still, he's been efficient AF, owning the 2nd highest completion pct, along with the 2nd highest yards per attempt. Add the fact that he's thrown 9 TDs without an interception pretty much sums up his season to date. And it's why IMHO, the Niners are presently without question the best team in the NFL, at least after week 5. A lot can change down the road of course, but right now this is the team to beat in the SB and it's in large part due to Mr. Irrelevant's play.

Last edited:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well...if this continues with the best record in football and all. Purdy is league MVP.

AND...I think Purdy staying healthy rates higher towards this years team goal than McCafferty.

shocking for some I'm sure.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well...if this continues with the best record in football and all. Purdy is league MVP.

AND...I think Purdy staying healthy rates higher towards this years team goal than McCafferty.

shocking for some I'm sure.
Good point.

Right now, Shannahan has to put either Purdy or McCaffrey on season ending IR.

Who does he choose?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point.

Right now, Shannahan has to put either Purdy or McCaffrey on season ending IR.

Who does he choose?
Has Shanahan ever coached a full season with the Niners and the starting QB was healthy and played almost all the games?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Shanahan ever coached a full season with the Niners and the starting QB was healthy and played almost all the games?
I have wondered if Shannahan’s “system” increases the possibility of getting his QB injured. Maybe he has too many moving pieces so 1 additional play out 20 (just a sample number) allows an unobstructed shot on the QB from the defense. Maybe that explains his history of “bad luck” with QBs going down.

I have no idea if this is a thing. I have no evidence that this happens. It is just a theory. I don’t typically believe in luck. If something rare continually happens in a small set, they is likely SOMETHING about that set that is attracting that rare occurrence.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have wondered if Shannahan’s “system” increases the possibility of getting his QB injured. Maybe he has too many moving pieces so 1 additional play out 20 (just a sample number) allows an unobstructed shot on the QB from the defense. Maybe that explains his history of “bad luck” with QBs going down.

I have no idea if this is a thing. I have no evidence that this happens. It is just a theory. I don’t typically believe in luck. If something rare continually happens in a small set, they is likely SOMETHING about that set that is attracting that rare occurrence.
The scheme could be to blame for Purdy's injury, but I don't think so for Jimmy's injuries.

In 2018, Jimmy tore his ACL in week 3 trying to fight for yardage instead of going out of bounds. The next year, Jimmy started 16 games.

In 2020, he only started half dozen or so games b/c of a recurring high ankle sprain that IIRC he didn't get in the pocket. However, the next year, he started 15 games.

In 2022, the Purdy year, he started 10 or 11 games before he broke his ankle when he was hip-drop tackled, again while trying to run for yardage outside the pocket.

Jimmy is not a runner and he seemed to keep getting hurt while trying to be one.

Last edited: