• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas Mavs

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pistons are hot and the Mavs were not. Sports are weird man.

It's about the effort given. The Pistons took 10 more shots than the Mavs due to out-rebounding them by 17. Dirk and Parsons combined for a pathetic 8 rebounds. Rondo almost beat them combined by himself. Plus there was little to no effort tonight on the defensive end... a lot of standing around and just lazily letting the Pistons do whatever they wanted to do.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's about the effort given. The Pistons took 10 more shots than the Mavs due to out-rebounding them by 17. Dirk and Parsons combined for a pathetic 8 rebounds. Rondo almost beat them combined by himself. Plus there was little to no effort tonight on the defensive end... a lot of standing around and just lazily letting the Pistons do whatever they wanted to do.

No doubt they could have given better effort. Just one game in January. Rick won't let them get away with it too many nights going forward.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pistons are hot and the Mavs were not. Sports are weird man.

Both teams on 6 game win streaks, the Pistons looked like it and the Mavs did not. Poor defense helped Detroit tonight. Just happens some nights, tonight was a clunker

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt they could have given better effort. Just one game in January. Rick won't let them get away with it too many nights going forward.

The starting unit played like garbage against Brooklyn as well. They have not been a smooth running machine lately. Will need to show some intensity against the West or they will struggle. The way this game started off I would have sat the entire starting unit and brought in bench for a stretch to see if that would ignite something. I do not believe we ever led in this entire game.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The starting unit played like garbage against Brooklyn as well. They have not been a smooth running machine lately. Will need to show some intensity against the West or they will struggle. The way this game started off I would have sat the entire starting unit and brought in bench for a stretch to see if that would ignite something. I do not believe we ever led in this entire game.

Nope Wastin never had a lead

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to get a back up big. Charlie V can't rebound at all or play D. When he's not hitting 3's, he's worthless. Greg Smith got killed on the boards too. They both pretty much suck. We need to upgrade.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True. It is just 1 game and they certainly can't win them all. A home game against a non-playoff team from the East playing on the 2nd night of a back to back is a game you really should win though.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The West is just stupid good this year. Seeding barely even matters this year. The playoff teams are most likely going to be Golden State, Portland, Dallas, Memphis, Houston, LA Clippers, San Antonio, and Oklahoma City (guessing that they get healthy and overtake Phoenix).

I mean, out of that group, who do you hope to play? Who is the reward matchup awaiting the #1 seed? I don't see a single one of those teams I would be relieved to play in Round 1. San Antonio and OKC are the 7 and 8 seeds in that scenario. I want no part of the Popovich/Duncan/Parker/Ginobili group come playoff time, even in a "down year". KD, Westbrook, and Ibaka? No thanks. The next "worst" are Houston and LA. Take your pick- Harden and Howard or Paul and Griffin? Both combos are no picnic.

Who would you "hope" for Dallas to play?

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's been letting Dirk get away with it for a while now, he's setting a pretty shitty example for someone that's supposed to be a leader,

sadly, right now, he's close to earning that cap saving contract he signed this offseason

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The West is just stupid good this year. Seeding barely even matters this year. The playoff teams are most likely going to be Golden State, Portland, Dallas, Memphis, Houston, LA Clippers, San Antonio, and Oklahoma City (guessing that they get healthy and overtake Phoenix).

I mean, out of that group, who do you hope to play? Who is the reward matchup awaiting the #1 seed? I don't see a single one of those teams I would be relieved to play in Round 1. San Antonio and OKC are the 7 and 8 seeds in that scenario. I want no part of the Popovich/Duncan/Parker/Ginobili group come playoff time, even in a "down year". KD, Westbrook, and Ibaka? No thanks. The next "worst" are Houston and LA. Take your pick- Harden and Howard or Paul and Griffin? Both combos are no picnic.

Houston or LA would be the two teams I would rather play out of that group. Would want no part of Portland OKC Memphis or SA in round one.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to get a back up big. Charlie V can't rebound at all or play D. When he's not hitting 3's, he's worthless. Greg Smith got killed on the boards too. They both pretty much suck. We need to upgrade.

I want to keep Charlie V around as he has held his own for the most part. Smith has had some very good moments but is just too small. Both were not too helpful last night to say the least. Most of this team stinks when it comes to rebounding. We can play defense but we seem to turn it on and off. We seemed to have no intensity last night. Rondo was terrible. Way too many TO's and he would drive all the way to the basket for what should be an easy layup and throw it out. And Monte was out of sync. Making idiotic plays and even missed an easy layup. Not sure what was going on. But you are right in that we do need a better center to backup Tyson.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HA! Pick your poison. This is like the NFC vs AFC. Getting to the Super Bowl in the NFC is much tougher going thru GB and Seattle. Getting to the NBA Finals is so much easier in the East. All free agents should want to go East for a better chance at a ring.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shame losing to Detroit. The Monroe/Drummond duo is deadly and Detroit has a very bright future in front of them.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a great interview with Carlise on Hitzges this morning. Really was fun.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't go backwards and review who said, "the Rockets got worse" when they got Josh Smith. But it doesn't appear it Pistons got a whole lot better, now doesn't it?

Giving "whomever" some props here.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't go backwards and review who said, "the Rockets got worse" when they got Josh Smith. But it doesn't appear it Pistons got a whole lot better, now doesn't it?

Giving "whomever" some props here.

It was Hambombs, I think. Unfortunately, HOU appears to be getting back on track.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandan Wright to the Suns. I hope we can get him back after he hits FA, but I'm sure somebody will over pay him. He won't succeed anywhere else like he did here.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3