• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas Mavs

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parsons looks like shit again. If he still has the respiratory infection still then he doesn't need to be out there.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parsons looks like shit again. If he still has the respiratory infection still then he doesn't need to be out there.

He has stunk in most of the games this season respiratory infection or not. But you are right on your summation tonight.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense if out of sync. The defense never was the type to actually defend the opponent and RC hasn't found a rotation yet. Even though we have a lot of depth our bench has been getting killed lately and I think it's because we don't have a back-up center worth a damn.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami is a very solid team. He's not Lebron of course but Luol Deng is fantastic player and they still have Wade and Bosh. Dallas has a lot of deficiencies in defense and I think the expectations for Parsons were way to high. He's a nice complimentary player that will give you some big nights once in a while nothing more nothing less in my opinion.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami is a very solid team. He's not Lebron of course but Luol Deng is fantastic player and they still have Wade and Bosh. Dallas has a lot of deficiencies in defense and I think the expectations for Parsons were way to high. He's a nice complimentary player that will give you some big nights once in a while nothing more nothing less in my opinion.

Miami is a good team even minus Lebron and the addition of Deng makes them still a team that can compete deep in the playoffs.

I don't believe with the money that he signed for that the expectations for CP are too high at all. 1-9 fg shooting and 0-4 from 3 in 29 minutes is not nearly worth what Cuban paid. He has had more games like today's than he has otherwise since becoming a Mav. His ass better get better at shooting the basketball or this will be an ugly deal for Mark.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would laugh my ass off if the Heat were better than the Cavs.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was worried from the signing about Parsons. His erratic play reminds me of Lamar Odom as a Laker. When Lamar showed up and played like an all star the Lakers were scary. When shitty Lamar showed up they looked a lot less complete. I am hoping that Chandler can lose his shitty alter ego and become more consistent. Dallas is going to need him to be a lot better than he has shown thus far.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami is a good team even minus Lebron and the addition of Deng makes them still a team that can compete deep in the playoffs.

I don't believe with the money that he signed for that the expectations for CP are too high at all. 1-9 fg shooting and 0-4 from 3 in 29 minutes is not nearly worth what Cuban paid. He has had more games like today's than he has otherwise since becoming a Mav. His ass better get better at shooting the basketball or this will be an ugly deal for Mark.

I think he's getting the money he is because that's what was going to get him to sign and force Houston to really consider if they wanted to match the money. He probably should be making the money Dirk is making and while Dirk should be making the money CP is making so it just sort of evens out. Of course he's not played all that well so far this season but I really think fans have been expecting a bit too much from him. As stated earlier I think he's a nice to good player but anything beyond will be an unrealistic reach of expectations IMO.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They may be better 'right now' truth be told. But after the season plays out I think they'll be really close with the edge to Cleveland because of Lebron. I think Miami is good and they still have Wade, Bosh, and Deng. I think people dismiss Spoelstra and think he's a very valuable coach. He was in a lose lose situation when Miami Thrice was born but he was highly regarded and hired before all that nonsense and he produced some decent results from what I recall.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mavs looking like trash once again, this time getting blown out by the lowly Kings. Dirk took a total of 1 shot in the first quarter. The team took 13 shots total and only 1 came from Dirk. Having your best player take only 1 out of every 13 shots isn't going to win you very many games.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't. I despise the Miami Heat more than any other professional sports team on the planet. I'm no LeBron fan, but no one is worse than Wheelchair Wade. He is absolute scum.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now Dirk is heavily involved in the offense and, what do you know?! The Mavs erased the 22-point deficit. Who could've guessed that running the offense through one of the 10 most prolific scorers of all time would be a good idea?

Seriously, sometimes the Mavs frustrate me to no end with their shot selection and offensive flow. They will go long stretches without Dirk or Monta getting any looks or sometimes even touches. The Spurs have the ball go through either Parker or Duncan (or both) almost every time down the floor. The Mavs sometimes just jack up the craziest shots without even looking at Dirk.

One thing I think that separates the great teams from the good ones is the ability and focus to take fewer possessions off. You can tell that the Mavs just check out sometimes on both offense and defense. They'll chuck up a horrible shot or just stand and watch an opponents' layup like "oh well, it's just 1 possession". But those add up, and then you find yourself down 22 points halfway through the 2nd quarter looking at the stat sheet going "how in the hell have we only given Dirk 1 freaking shot?"

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now Dirk is heavily involved in the offense and, what do you know?! The Mavs erased the 22-point deficit. Who could've guessed that running the offense through one of the 10 most prolific scorers of all time would be a good idea?

Seriously, sometimes the Mavs frustrate me to no end with their shot selection and offensive flow. They will go long stretches without Dirk or Monta getting any looks or sometimes even touches. The Spurs have the ball go through either Parker or Duncan (or both) almost every time down the floor. The Mavs sometimes just jack up the craziest shots without even looking at Dirk.

One thing I think that separates the great teams from the good ones is the ability and focus to take fewer possessions off. You can tell that the Mavs just check out sometimes on both offense and defense. They'll chuck up a horrible shot or just stand and watch an opponents' layup like "oh well, it's just 1 possession". But those add up, and then you find yourself down 22 points halfway through the 2nd quarter looking at the stat sheet going "how in the hell have we only given Dirk 1 freaking shot?"

I totally gave up at 48-27. Glad to see they nutted up and pulled off a great win after a shitty start.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main reason you guys won tonight is because Chandler Parsons made a shot. Low blow.... Couldn't resist! :nod:

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally gave up at 48-27. Glad to see they nutted up and pulled off a great win after a shitty start.

Yep, they heavied up on Dirk, Parsons hit 5 threes, and that's all it took.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main reason you guys won tonight is because Chandler Parsons made a shot. Low blow.... Couldn't resist! :nod:

Parsons has been playing with a respiratory illness. He'll be just fine.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parsons has been playing with a respiratory illness. He'll be just fine.

That was not the reason he played Ike garbage for the majority of games this year. He just flat out stunk. Glad to see he contributed last night.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was not the reason he played Ike garbage for the majority of games this year. He just flat out stunk. Glad to see he contributed last night.

Wrong.

He's played in 8 games so far. He had a bad opening night against San Antonio. I'll give you that. But then he scored 21 against Utah, 20 against New Orleans, 29 against Boston, and then 11 against Portland in a game in which he didn't play as much because he started feeling sick. The next game against Utah, Carlisle even said he wanted to rest Parsons but he insisted on playing despite being sick. His shooting was horrendous, but considering that he played with a respiratory illness, I'm willing to forgive one awful game. The next game against Miami where he was just getting over being sick, he shot poorly again but did contribute 6 rebounds, 2 steals, and 3 blocks. So offensively he was bad but defensively he was quite good.

By my count, that's 3 bad games (including the 2 sick ones) and 5 good or great ones. Even with the 3 bad games mixed in, he's shooting 40% from the floor, 86% from the line, and averaging 14 points, 4.5 rebounds, and over 1 3PT and 1 steal per game. Statistically he's the 86th best player in the NBA this year. Not outstanding, but certainly not "garbage" like you say.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong.

He's played in 8 games so far. He had a bad opening night against San Antonio. I'll give you that. But then he scored 21 against Utah, 20 against New Orleans, 29 against Boston, and then 11 against Portland in a game in which he didn't play as much because he started feeling sick. The next game against Utah, Carlisle even said he wanted to rest Parsons but he insisted on playing despite being sick. His shooting was horrendous, but considering that he played with a respiratory illness, I'm willing to forgive one awful game. The next game against Miami where he was just getting over being sick, he shot poorly again but did contribute 6 rebounds, 2 steals, and 3 blocks. So offensively he was bad but defensively he was quite good.

By my count, that's 3 bad games (including the 2 sick ones) and 5 good or great ones. Even with the 3 bad games mixed in, he's shooting 40% from the floor, 86% from the line, and averaging 14 points, 4.5 rebounds, and over 1 3PT and 1 steal per game. Statistically he's the 86th best player in the NBA this year. Not outstanding, but certainly not "garbage" like you say.

He had good shooting percentage in 3 games but his defense overall is marginal at best and rebounding subpar. For the money he is making I am expecting much more. Even in the game in New Orleans when he did have a good shooting game and he had 4 assists which I would like to see more of but his defense was lousy and 4 boards does not cut it. And he did come up with big 3's last night and I gave him credit for that but 7-19 shooting and 2 rebounds is nothing to shout home about.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had good shooting percentage in 3 games but his defense overall is marginal at best and rebounding subpar. For the money he is making I am expecting much more. Even in the game in New Orleans when he did have a good shooting game and he had 4 assists which I would like to see more of but his defense was lousy and 4 boards does not cut it. And he did come up with big 3's last night and I gave him credit for that but 7-19 shooting and 2 rebounds is nothing to shout home about.

He's not going to be a defensive stalwart. He may improve but if you saw him play in Houston he's an average defender at best. Yes he makes 15 million but he had to get overpaid so he could sign here given the circumstances. As I stated earlier the reality is Dirk and Parsons should realistically swap contracts and they'll both be making what they probably deserve. I could be wrong with Parsons as he may surprise all of us and really become the player that exceeds all expectations but I'm just not counting on him being more than a very good complimentary player on a good team.