• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas Mavs

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they play top 10 defense yes. But I'm not sure they can do that. You need to be top 10 in offense and defense to be a title contender IMO

That is a tightrope. There comes a point that if your offense is doing so well that means more touches for the other team with more opportunity to score. Plus in the last couple of games the game was so out of reach by the 4th quarter that the entire bench was emptied and that can also allow the other team to up their production.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a tightrope. There comes a point that if your offense is doing so well that means more touches for the other team with more opportunity to score. Plus in the last couple of games the game was so out of reach by the 4th quarter that the entire bench was emptied and that can also allow the other team to up their production.

Are you talking about this years years team? They're a juggernaut on offense but defense is barely top 20. They need to get that to top 10 or close to it to win it all. I really do like the mavs they will be a tough out that's for sure

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you talking about this years years team? They're a juggernaut on offense but defense is barely top 20. They need to get that to top 10 or close to it to win it all. I really do like the mavs they will be a tough out that's for sure

Yes. Defense will suffer naturally when you are scoring a ridiculous amount of points in the 1st half. So it is also natural that in the 2nd half there will be some garbage time and relaxing. If we keep playing like we have in the last few games you cannot ask for more than that. We do allow too many offensive rebounds at times.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see Nelson break out of a funk and this is the Parsons I want to see where he can get around 20 points, 8 rebounds and 5 assists a game. I think he can be versatile in all phases like that.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Mavs were a top 3 seed and were 7th in defense and 8th in offense. They had what it takes
Mavs won by shooting everyone out of the gym. They used zone defense to win the title.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just another blowout where we don't need Dirk and co. in the 4th. This team just looks better and better with time. Aminu might end up being a huge steal. He's got to get better hitting the 3 to log more minutes.

HOU got killed by MEM too.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was intrigued about the potential of adding a "good" Jameer Nelson, but he's terrible now, the one thing he could do well was shoot and he can't even do that now

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well so far I've been very wrong about Barea, he's been clutch and should start stealing minutes from Nelson whenever Harris is healthy... or even if he isn't

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh... Barea did get hit in the mouth there but he was flopping long before the actual contact occured

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree jta on Nelson. He was horrible tonight. I keep waiting for him to get with it but it is just not happening. And Parson is just underwhelming me with his ball handling, and decision making skills. Ellis in the 1st half and Wright and Barea in the 2nd half saved this team. I was afraid the clean block by Wright when we had a 6-8 point lead that they called a goal tend was going to be the turning point in a bad way.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win against a team that has started off hot and was undefeated at home in the Wizards. Plus they had Beal back for the first time.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree jta on Nelson. He was horrible tonight. I keep waiting for him to get with it but it is just not happening. And Parson is just underwhelming me with his ball handling, and decision making skills. Ellis in the 1st half and Wright and Barea in the 2nd half saved this team. I was afraid the clean block by Wright when we had a 6-8 point lead that they called a goal tend was going to be the turning point in a bad way.

Parsons will be fine IMO, I think he's just having an issue playing with a bunch of new guys for the first time

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel weird being happy that Monta Ellis is a Mav. Would have never thought that would happen. Used to despise him because his lack of maturity back with the Warriors. He's come a long way and good on him. Nice to know the Mavs can still be in a game when Dirk and Parsons both look bad.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what else can be said about Brandan Wright? I have loved him since the day he arrived. He and Rick have come together and done something phenomenal. He's about the most efficient player you could possibly ask for in basketball.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel weird being happy that Monta Ellis is a Mav. Would have never thought that would happen. Used to despise him because his lack of maturity back with the Warriors. He's come a long way and good on him. Nice to know the Mavs can still be in a game when Dirk and Parsons both look bad.
Ellis is a clutch player.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's amazing how much certain players can grow up once you get them away from thug trash like Matt Barnes, Stephen Jackson, and Baron Davis. I remember Nick Van Exel supposedly being an immature head case until he got to Dallas, and then he suddenly became a quiet model teammate.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what else can be said about Brandan Wright? I have loved him since the day he arrived. He and Rick have come together and done something phenomenal. He's about the most efficient player you could possibly ask for in basketball.

He had the Washington crowd buzzing tonight. He is so athletic. His biggest problem in the past is he would look great in a game and then just disappear for games at a time. He has been much more consistent so far this year.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he's only going to get better with Tyson Chandler around, especially on the defensive end, if only he could ever gain 20 pounds

But Chandler and Wright are quite the combo at C this year, it was kinda cool to see both on the floor at the same time last night and the resulting defensive lockdown on the Wizards