• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas Mavs

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people just have blinders on when it comes to Dirk. And I truly understand it. Great guy, great player, and a credit to mankind, which I mean sincerely.

But basketball is a business, and I come from the Jimmy Johnson school-of-thought which is, "much better to trade a man a year too early as a year too late." Now no-one but us wants Dirk, nor would they give us much even if they had interest.

Can you name me a team which was in true competition last year for the championship which didn't have at least one, key first rounder on their roster?

Atlanta Hawks? Just a guess!

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A nod and a wink look the same to a blind horse.
Dirk would either start or play starter minutes(30+) for any team in the NBA. Many doesn't start for the SAS, but I guarantee everyone associated with the team considers him a "starter"

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfair to Dirk? Dirk and Cuban have been unfair to Dirk for refusing to trade him two years ago when he had true value, could have brought back a lot, plus given him a chance to win another ring. Something he'll never see, at least while he's still in sneakers, again. All this Mav for life was not fair to anyone, except fans like you, who seemed to have blinders on when it comes to the big German.

Dirk will always be a Maverick (pretty obvious now for sure), but we could and should have moved him for the benefit of the organization when we/he had the chance. After all, this is first a business and secondly a team sport. Now we'll be battling for 7th place, and if successful at this, be gone shortly in the playoffs. But somehow to you, this is better than regrouping and building something toward the future.

Complex situation for sure. No matter where you trade Dirk to even 2 years ago there's no way you'll ever get the value and pieces in return compared to what Dirk gives you. It just doesn't happen in basketball. Trading Dirk means and requires a full tank and rebuild mode. Dirk has lost a few steps but he is the heart and soul of the organization and the whole basketball landscape of the whole area. I'm ok with letting guys go but sometimes certain players come around where they're just lifers regardless. Guys like Dirk and Tim Duncan come to mind and another player that played in that arena should have ended that way as well in Mike Modano. And it's not like they're Kobe demanding their equal value and above that actually. They've taken significant pay cuts for the betterment of the team. SA reaped another championship a year ago but Dallas has at least been a good team that's made the playoffs. We know their championship contending team days are done for a while but trading Dirk wouldn't have brought anything significant back to where a trade like that would be worth it and justified IMO.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Complex situation for sure. No matter where you trade Dirk to even 2 years ago there's no way you'll ever get the value and pieces in return compared to what Dirk gives you. It just doesn't happen in basketball. Trading Dirk means and requires a full tank and rebuild mode. Dirk has lost a few steps but he is the heart and soul of the organization and the whole basketball landscape of the whole area. I'm ok with letting guys go but sometimes certain players come around where they're just lifers regardless. Guys like Dirk and Tim Duncan come to mind and another player that played in that arena should have ended that way as well in Mike Modano. And it's not like they're Kobe demanding their equal value and above that actually. They've taken significant pay cuts for the betterment of the team. SA reaped another championship a year ago but Dallas has at least been a good team that's made the playoffs. We know their championship contending team days are done for a while but trading Dirk wouldn't have brought anything significant back to where a trade like that would be worth it and justified IMO.

That's why they'll try and tough it out, try and get what pieces they can, and maybe get lucky with Dirk, once he's gone, all bets are off, I get it even if I don't think it's smart management

But like you said, its a complex situation

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that was short lived...fucking lame to have a back to back to start the season.

I hope the NBA gets rid of those soon.

Back to back is bullshit in the NBA!

Hope the Mavs took in all the horseshit stuff the Clippers did in their arena and pay them back when they come to Dalllas

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mavs are shit in the 2nd half again so far this season

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 in a row

Clips, Lakers, Rockets

Keep it going Mavs

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pachulia had a great stretch in this one, he was working hard and his energy turned a 7pt deficit around quick
I thought ZMan, DWill and Matthews would all work out. It was funny to see all the talking heads predicting this team would win 35 games. Good Luck with that

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought ZMan, DWill and Matthews would all work out. It was funny to see all the talking heads predicting this team would win 35 games. Good Luck with that
And it looks like their best basketball is yet to come. I hope so for them, because they look pretty good so far.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it looks like their best basketball is yet to come. I hope so for them, because they look pretty good so far.
Fast start for them was huge. Just getting into the playoffs will allow Dirk to play reduced minutes heading into the playoffs. Also, after getting snubbed by Jordan, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Cuban bought the contracts of an overpriced star rental or two at the trade deadline. Beating the Clips in the playoffs would be worth almost anything to him

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They look like a playoff team right now, and I would love to see Cubes add some pieces and make a real run this year, in spite of what most predicted. Looks like I'm gonna spend quality time at AAC, with the starts the Mavs and the Stars have going. Could be a fun year, too bad the Cowboys shit the bed this year. Injuries didnt help I know

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They look like a playoff team right now, and I would love to see Cubes add some pieces and make a real run this year, in spite of what most predicted. Looks like I'm gonna spend quality time at AAC, with the starts the Mavs and the Stars have going. Could be a fun year, too bad the Cowboys shit the bed this year. Injuries didnt help I know
Too bad we couldn't pull out 1 game on 7. Might have made the difference