• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas Mavs

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mavs are a dumpster fire created by the Cuban-Donnie-Carlisle trio.

Cuban always tried to be the smartest guy in the room, yet failed time and time again with his boom or bust luring the big fish approach. By then, other quality free agents had already signed elsewhere. So then he settled for annually overpaying a bunch of c-list all stars and washed-up has-beens to put around Dirk.

Donnie is just a miserable failure all the way around. He hasn't drafted a single competent NBA player since his daddy left and he took over. No wait, he picked Jae Crowder. Stellar. One role player he drafted. And in that same year he picked Bernard James over Draymond Green. He's reportedly quite the boozer, so for his sake I hope he was drunk on draft night the last 15 years. That would be his only excuse for finding absolutely zero NBA talent.

Carlisle, while an excellent coach in some respects, has been far too stubborn in other areas. He has flat-out refused to give rookies any playing time at all. Granted, he hasn't had much given to him by Donnie to work with, but still. He definitely hinders the careers of young players. Shane Larkin and Jae Crowder both got better after leaving Dallas and getting more playing time. Justin Anderson is getting screwed too. He's decent. Why not develop him and see what you've really got instead of giving minutes to Villanueva or Devin Harris?

Chandler Parsons is grossly overpaid, and Wes Matthews is grossly overpaid and mostly worthless. Felton, Barea, and Pachulia would be end of the bench material on any good team. And Deron Williams is a shell of his former self and often times a liability. They're just not any good.

Dirk deserved SO MUCH BETTER. He MADE Mark Cuban, not the other way around. Without Dirk, Cuban would be title-less and the owner of a long-time mediocre franchise. A lot of times I wish the Mavs would trade him to a top contender just so he could get another ring. But then the selfish part of me kicks in and wants him to be a Mav for life.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cuban always tried to be the smartest guy in the room, yet failed time and time again with his boom or bust luring the big fish approach. By then, other quality free agents had already signed elsewhere. So then he settled for annually overpaying a bunch of c-list all stars and washed-up has-beens to put around Dirk.

Donnie is just a miserable failure all the way around. He hasn't drafted a single competent NBA player since his daddy left and he took over. No wait, he picked Jae Crowder. Stellar. One role player he drafted. And in that same year he picked Bernard James over Draymond Green. He's reportedly quite the boozer, so for his sake I hope he was drunk on draft night the last 15 years. That would be his only excuse for finding absolutely zero NBA talent.

Carlisle, while an excellent coach in some respects, has been far too stubborn in other areas. He has flat-out refused to give rookies any playing time at all. Granted, he hasn't had much given to him by Donnie to work with, but still. He definitely hinders the careers of young players. Shane Larkin and Jae Crowder both got better after leaving Dallas and getting more playing time. Justin Anderson is getting screwed too. He's decent. Why not develop him and see what you've really got instead of giving minutes to Villanueva or Devin Harris?

Chandler Parsons is grossly overpaid, and Wes Matthews is grossly overpaid and mostly worthless. Felton, Barea, and Pachulia would be end of the bench material on any good team. And Deron Williams is a shell of his former self and often times a liability. They're just not any good.

Dirk deserved SO MUCH BETTER. He MADE Mark Cuban, not the other way around. Without Dirk, Cuban would be title-less and the owner of a long-time mediocre franchise. A lot of times I wish the Mavs would trade him to a top contender just so he could get another ring. But then the selfish part of me kicks in and wants him to be a Mav for life.

Dirk wants to retire a maverick everyone knows that. In addition, I doubt Dirk would fetch a high return now. 2-3 years ago? Probably so.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Donnie Nelson to me is the biggest problem, you can build a solid bench with draft picks, even 2nd rounders.... IF you know what you're doing, he's been beyond horrendous.... This also lines up as Cuban's biggest failure for me.... Fire him already

I think Carlisle is a good coach but I definitely agree about his inability to develop young players by refusal to play them and agreed about the examples provided

I think Pachulia is a decent backup center (as he's always been) but as a starter with heavy minutes is overexposed, hopefully David Lee continues taking more of his minutes b/c I like what I see, his limited athletically but at least he has a pulse out there

Agreed about ALL of our point guards... gross

I'm less concerned about Parsons because he actually contributes and I only think is slightly overpaid

Matthews is a player I wanted run away from as a soon as Jordan backed out... but I'm willing to give him a bit of a pass on this year due to coming back from his Achilles tear BUT he never should have been signed to that contract to begin with and even moreso after Jordan bolted

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas Mavericks forward Chandler Parsons is likely to undergo season-ending surgery this week to address a torn meniscus in his right knee, sources told ESPN.com.

Parsons, who sources say will receive a second opinion before scheduling an operation, is expected to be fully recovered in time to resume his regular offseason basketball-workout routine.

This would be the second consecutive season that Parsons' season ends prematurely because of surgery on his right knee. However, sources said this injury is not nearly as severe as the cartilage damage he suffered last season that was repaired with a hybrid microfracture procedure on May 1.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas Mavericks forward Chandler Parsons is likely to undergo season-ending surgery this week to address a torn meniscus in his right knee, sources told ESPN.com.

Parsons, who sources say will receive a second opinion before scheduling an operation, is expected to be fully recovered in time to resume his regular offseason basketball-workout routine.

This would be the second consecutive season that Parsons' season ends prematurely because of surgery on his right knee. However, sources said this injury is not nearly as severe as the cartilage damage he suffered last season that was repaired with a hybrid microfracture procedure on May 1.

Didn't really like the signing then, but I sure tried to lie to myself that it wouldn't be that bad...ugh what a letdown. This franchise is really in a bad way.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't really like the signing then, but I sure tried to lie to myself that it wouldn't be that bad...ugh what a letdown. This franchise is really in a bad way.

And it isn't going to get any better in the near future either.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My only disappointment is from the health standpoint, missed 37 games the last 2 years and was limited for about 10-15 others

Don't even get me started on Wesley Matthews.... I hope he spends some serious gym time this summer working on his jumper, it was pretty pathetic this year

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only disappointment is from the health standpoint, missed 37 games the last 2 years and was limited for about 10-15 others

Don't even get me started on Wesley Matthews.... I hope he spends some serious gym time this summer working on his jumper, it was pretty pathetic this year
Dirk has been on his A game lately too and for what? What a terrible way for Dirk to wind down his career.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty happy that D Lee has found a home. He's a solid vet player, good team player. Skilled big man still. Go Dlee!

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's weird because he's usually a solid player and a pretty good shooter for Porland

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's weird because he's usually a solid player and a pretty good shooter for Porland
Without Lillard and Aldridge he sucks. Even he admitted he was playing pretty awful at one point.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a high scoring game im saying

Most teams that play Dallas score a bunch, don't they? Mavs had a good start but they came back to reality