• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas Mavs

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than Aikman, who was the obvious #1 overall pick, Jerry has never drafted a decent QB in 25 years. Romo was UFA straight luck

This is why I'm afraid it may be many more years before Romo's successor is found, though Stephen and Co. cant do worse, I don't think

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I'm afraid it may be many more years before Romo's successor is found, though Stephen and Co. cant do worse, I don't think
I think if Romo stays healthy the rest of the season, the Cowboys might draft a couple of weapons for him early, maybe WR and RB and try to win a Super Bowl with him and Witten. Probably keep Cassel on as long term backup

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if Romo stays healthy the rest of the season, the Cowboys might draft a couple of weapons for him early, maybe WR and RB and try to win a Super Bowl with him and Witten. Probably keep Cassel on as long term backup

Should be a good plan, problem arises though if Romo never plays more than 11 games per season the rest of the his career. I just didnt see Cassel doing enough to win games, though he dint have much help most games

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They look like a playoff team right now, and I would love to see Cubes add some pieces and make a real run this year, in spite of what most predicted. Looks like I'm gonna spend quality time at AAC, with the starts the Mavs and the Stars have going. Could be a fun year, too bad the Cowboys shit the bed this year. Injuries didnt help I know
The perfect guy to target IMO would be Nerlens Noel from the Sixers. Couple of reasons(besides my being a UK homer). One, he would be a perfect fit as a shot blocker, rebounding center. Two, the Sixers will have Joel Embiid coming back from injury, and they already have Okafor. With those two big men and possibly the #1 pick overall this year, Noel could probably be had for a future pick and salary dump

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The perfect guy to target IMO would be Nerlens Noel from the Sixers. Couple of reasons(besides my being a UK homer). One, he would be a perfect fit as a shot blocker, rebounding center. Two, the Sixers will have Joel Embiid coming back from injury, and they already have Okafor. With those two big men and possibly the #1 pick overall this year, Noel could probably be had for a future pick and salary dump

I like Noel, is he all the way back from his injury yet?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing well, 11 points, 8 boards and a couple blocks per game

WATCH: Nerlens Noel razzle dazzles, goes behind the back for the jam
By Matt Moore | NBA writer

November 21, 2015 9:25 pm ET

Philadelphia 76ers center Nerlens Noel has had a rough start to the season. On top of the Sixers being winless entering Saturday night's game vs. the Heat, Noel has struggled, particularly alongside Jahlil Okafor. Noel entered Saturday night's game with tremendous energy, though. He played smart, active defense and used his strength and athleticism offensively.

He also made this play in the first two minutes, which was just awesome.

Razzle dazzle Nerlens Noel. Noel has such incredibly active hands, attached to what are basically propellers. He's going to be making plays like that for a long time.

nerlens_111215.jpg

Nerlens Noel with the massive jam.(USATSI)

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WATCH: Nerlens Noel razzle dazzles, goes behind the back for the jam
By Matt Moore | NBA writer

November 21, 2015 9:25 pm ET

Philadelphia 76ers center Nerlens Noel has had a rough start to the season. On top of the Sixers being winless entering Saturday night's game vs. the Heat, Noel has struggled, particularly alongside Jahlil Okafor. Noel entered Saturday night's game with tremendous energy, though. He played smart, active defense and used his strength and athleticism offensively.

He also made this play in the first two minutes, which was just awesome.

Razzle dazzle Nerlens Noel. Noel has such incredibly active hands, attached to what are basically propellers. He's going to be making plays like that for a long time.

nerlens_111215.jpg

Nerlens Noel with the massive jam.(USATSI)
He isn't a PF, he is a center 100%. Besides Okafor, they will have Embiid coming back. I really think this guy could be had, and would be an absolutely awesome addition for the Mav's. A younger DJordan with far more offensive upside and a great kid to boot

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn't a PF, he is a center 100%. Besides Okafor, they will have Embiid coming back. I really think this guy could be had, and would be an absolutely awesome addition for the Mav's. A younger DJordan with far more offensive upside and a great kid to boot

I'll phone Cubes and tell him to get to work on this

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll phone Cubes and tell him to get to work on this
HaHa, wish you'd called him when I was begging for Boogie Cousins a couple of years back. Couldn't believe he was ever on the block

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can there be no foul on the last play vs OKC? Nonsense

Read where Carlisle said he hadn't watched the film but it looked like Wesley got cross body checked

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read where Carlisle said he hadn't watched the film but it looked like Wesley got cross body checked
I understand wanting the players to decide it, but he literally rammed into him

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strong 3rd, holding them to 5 points in the quarter, ends the losing streak

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's a pretty shitty rebounder so far, one of his main problems, along with his total lack of offensive post game...

But he is a good defender and athletic as hell

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the hell does Eddie Najera have that job, he is absolutely terrible at it

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Dirk, hell of an accomplishment!

Mavs' Dirk Nowitzki becomes sixth player to score 29,000 career points

By Ananth Pandian | NBA writer

February 21, 2016 9:42 pm ET

With a 3-pointer in the third quarter against the Philadelphia 76ers on Sunday, Dallas Mavericks forward Dirk Nowitzki became the sixth player in NBA history to score 29,000 career points.

Here is the shot that put Nowitzki over the 29,000 point mark:

Nowitzki is still the sixth highest scorer in the NBA and trails Wilt Chamberlain for fifth by more than 2,000 points. At 37 years old, Nowitzki is nearing the end of his career but he could pass Chamberlain if he remains healthy and the Mavs are able to adjust his role in the future.

But even if Nowitzki doesn't pass Chamberlain, he will go down in history as one of the best scorers in the history of the league and has amassed a number of notable career accomplishments like winning an MVP award and an NBA championship.

USATSI_9129447.jpg
Dirk Nowitzki is one of the greatest scorers in NBA history.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rick Carlisle confirms Mavericks signing of David Lee
By Ananth Pandian | NBA writer

February 21, 2016 10:54 pm ET

Wanting to ensure that they will make the postseason, the Dallas Mavericks are adding an NBA champion to their roster.

According to head coach Rick Carlisle, Dallas will sign David Lee for the rest of the season. To make room on the roster for Lee, the Mavs will waive John Jenkins. Lee is expected to sign for the $2.1 million room exception with the Mavs.

Lee started the season with the Boston Celtics but was waived shortly after the NBA trade deadline when they couldn't find a willing trade partner. Carlisle told reporters that the Mavs are adding Lee because, "he's a quality veteran player."

Lee is indeed a veteran, having spent 11 seasons in the NBA with the New York Knicks, Warriors and Celtics. He is a two-time All-Star but injuries and age has slowed down his career. With Boston this season, Lee averaged 7.1 points and 4.3 rebounds in a limited role.

It remains to be seen how large of a role Lee will have on the Mavs. Dallas now has a somewhat crowded front court with Charlie Villanueva, Dwight Powell and Salah Mejri also coming off the bench. But we find out soon enough as Carlisle told reporters that Lee will be in uniform against the Oklahoma City Thunder on Wednesday.

USATSI_8987133.jpg
David Lee is heading to Dallas.

Probably cant contribute much these days, but we shall see?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed layups, turnovers and shitty defense. Mavs are gonna lose to the Kings tonight, shameful:doh: