• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas Mavs

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan has every right to change his mind. Sure it makes him look indecisive and immature but that is not illegal. What I find utterly disgusting and unbelievable is his refusal to even take a phone call from the man whom you just promised your services to for 80 million dollars. To not even give Cuban the decency of a meeting to explain his decision is one of the most cowardly acts in professional sports I have ever seen.

Deandre Jordan is a low-life scumbag of a human being and I cherish the thought of karma biting him and the Clippers in the ass with a season ending or better yet career ending injury. I hope for the worst for Deandre Jordan. He is the furthest thing from a man I can possibly imagine.

Good riddance Deandre. GFY over and over again.
I stated on another web site the fact that he is not a man when he hides behind other Clipper players who I promise you were not there to keep Jordan in the house but to keep others out and the fact as you stated of not having the guts to even call the Mavs and tell them of his decision. Sure he would have gotten some pressure from Cuban but so what. And he knew this early on and still sat on it making it even tougher for the Mavs.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the very least we could've made some moves for this season, ie trade for Hibbert's expiring contract, or something along those lines, and NOT offer Matthews the contract we did, I woudn't be trading for Hibbert's contract to compete, but can you imagine what that expiring contract might be worth come trade time?

I'd explain to Matthews that we'd understand if he wants to change his mind and not jump on this sinking ship

Just think, Jordan also cost Matthews about 12 million dollars, he could've made more money playing for the Kings, instead he took less to come to Dallas bc Jordan was "on board"

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the very least we could've made some moves for this season, ie trade for Hibbert's expiring contract, or something along those lines, and NOT offer Matthews the contract we did, I woudn't be trading for Hibbert's contract to compete, but can you imagine what that expiring contract might be worth come trade time?

I'd explain to Matthews that we'd understand if he wants to change his mind and not jump on this sinking ship

Just think, Jordan also cost Matthews about 12 million dollars, he could've made more money playing for the Kings, instead he took less to come to Dallas bc Jordan was "on board"

"There will be a time when I detail everything I know regarding the last 48 hours," Cuban wrote in a CyberDust message to fans that never mentioned Jordan by name. "I don't think the time is right to say anything beyond the facts that he never responded to me at all yesterday. Not once. To this minute I have not heard anything from him since Tuesday night.

"More importantly, I specifically told [Wesley Matthews] that I would not hold him to his commitment if he wanted to go elsewhere. I can't print his exact response, but suffice to say he is excited to play for our Mavs:) Wes Matthews is exactly the kind of player we want in a Mavs uniform and our fans will love him

"He will be in Dallas today so if you see him give him an MFFL welcome"

Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban never heard from DeAndre Jordan

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"There will be a time when I detail everything I know regarding the last 48 hours," Cuban wrote in a CyberDust message to fans that never mentioned Jordan by name. "I don't think the time is right to say anything beyond the facts that he never responded to me at all yesterday. Not once. To this minute I have not heard anything from him since Tuesday night.

"More importantly, I specifically told [Wesley Matthews] that I would not hold him to his commitment if he wanted to go elsewhere. I can't print his exact response, but suffice to say he is excited to play for our Mavs:) Wes Matthews is exactly the kind of player we want in a Mavs uniform and our fans will love him

"He will be in Dallas today so if you see him give him an MFFL welcome"

Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban never heard from DeAndre Jordan

Classy move by Cuban, and Matthews probably wasn't getting more from anyone else

At this point, nurture Parsons and Matthews along from their injuries as SLOW as possible, maybe try and get Enes Kanter to play center and maybe eventually be a replacement for Dirk, or sign him to a 2-3 year deal allowing him to jump back into free agency next year with a player option or something, I know he doesn't play much defense, but if he could be had at a fairly cheap rate he's a solid offensive player and he has size, other than that, play the young guys as much as possible

And I feel like we would have made a better effort to keep Aminu had we known that Jordan was a piece of shit

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Classy move by Cuban, and Matthews probably wasn't getting more from anyone else

At this point, nurture Parsons and Matthews along from their injuries as SLOW as possible, maybe try and get Enes Kanter to play center and maybe eventually be a replacement for Dirk, or sign him to a 2-3 year deal allowing him to jump back into free agency next year with a player option or something, I know he doesn't play much defense, but if he could be had at a fairly cheap rate he's a solid offensive player and he has size, other than that, play the young guys as much as possible

And I feel like we would have made a better effort to keep Aminu had we known that Jordan was a piece of shit

A total fucking piece of shit, and so is Doc Rivers and the entire Clippers organization for not giving the young man the advice of picking up the phone and letting Cuban and the Mavs know of his reservations or second thoughts. The NBA needs to fix this, it makes the league look bad as well

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A total fucking piece of shit, and so is Doc Rivers and the entire Clippers organization for not giving the young man the advice of picking up the phone and letting Cuban and the Mavs know of his reservations or second thoughts. The NBA needs to fix this, it makes the league look bad as well
I'm sorry but the league has looked bad to many sports fans for years. What would you expect when the super stars in the league run the league? I could be in the minority, but pitch a tent over that circus!

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry but the league has looked bad to many sports fans for years. What would you expect when the super stars in the league run the league? I could be in the minority, but pitch a tent over that circus!

Exactly, I started to call the whole damn thing a circus in my post

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will.....what the hell you doing awake at such an hour any

I'm much more shocked at how Rivers handled the situation, than I am Jordan or Ballmer.

I assumed, until the last few days anyway, that Rivers was a decent, professional man and certainly wouldn't want this story to be part of his legacy. Who in their right mind would treat someone with such disdain and disrespect as the Clippers have shown here? Truly disgraceful.

I'm not surprised by Ballmer, b/c I've always suspected he's a sleaze-ball to begin with. Suspicion confirmed. And it's been long rumored Jordan is immature.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Told myself to stay away from this website today it would only make me mad.

It did.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My sons are now 30 and 22. If they ever pulled a stunt like that I would be all over them.

And as ESPN 103.3 said a little while ago this would not be the kind of guy to hang your franchise hat on. Not with that character.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My sons are now 30 and 22. If they ever pulled a stunt like that I would be all over them.

And as ESPN 103.3 said a little while ago this would not be the kind of guy to hang your franchise hat on. Not with that character.
Only 'sin' I guess Mark Cuban was guilty of in this situation was to dig deeper into his character. Not more he could have done unless you barricade him in his house and let no one in for a week. I would hate to see the Mavs have a lousy year but would love to see Cuban more reliant on the draft.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to think DFW has a bad reputation in the overall professional sports community. How many good players have the Rangers and Mavs missed on or failed to keep lately? I fear it's only a matter of time before Beltre and Darvish are gone from the Rangers. Maybe you guys have bad fans or are considered a bunch of front runners. Let me first clarify that the fans on this board are amazing and support their teams through thick and thin. The Ranger / Cowboy home games that I watch on TV are not nearly as loud as other venues. When the Spurs play in Dallas, the games are always quiet compared to other arenas. I'm just trying to come up with an explanation because it seems like the Clippers went out of their way to screw the Mavericks and I'd be so pissed right now if I was Cuban or a fan of the team.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over/Under on the fine Mark Cuban gets after he starts talking?

$100K

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to think DFW has a bad reputation in the overall professional sports community. How many good players have the Rangers and Mavs missed on or failed to keep lately? I fear it's only a matter of time before Beltre and Darvish are gone from the Rangers. Maybe you guys have bad fans or are considered a bunch of front runners. Let me first clarify that the fans on this board are amazing and support their teams through thick and thin. The Ranger / Cowboy home games that I watch on TV are not nearly as loud as other venues. When the Spurs play in Dallas, the games are always quiet compared to other arenas. I'm just trying to come up with an explanation because it seems like the Clippers went out of their way to screw the Mavericks and I'd be so pissed right now if I was Cuban or a fan of the team.

It has nothing to do with the fans. Reunion Arena used to be the loudest arena in the NBA. The newer AAC swallows up noise like you wouldn't believe. Mavs fans aren't as loud as, say, Warriors fans or Blazers fans, but they are just as passionate as fans of teams like Houston, LA, Cleveland, etc.. And the Rangers have incredible fans. The fact that they even have fans at this point is a miracle in itself. What other team could do nothing but lose for 40 years, go to 2 World Series and lose 1 on the last out, and then bottom out again and still have fans? The Cubs maybe? The Cardinals?

Judging fan bases by the noise you hear on your TV set isn't really a very accurate method.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of those have crossed my mind. They're also very likely. Also, Ben Rogers re-tweeted Wes Matthews saying if DJ is out, so am I. It was quickly removed, but that doesn't make it go away.

I heard that was from a fake matthews account

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO NO NO. He doesn't help us at all this year, except win a few games that we don't need to win.

Kings, Mavs Interested In Josh Smith

July 9th at 1:56pm CST by Chuck Myron
The Kings have a “very strong” interest in Josh Smith, league sources tell Jason Jones of the Sacramento Bee (Twitter links), and the Mavs are in play for him, too, as Michael Scotto of SheridanHoops hears (Twitter link). Still, while six teams have shown interest, “nothing of substance” is in the works for Smith, a source tells Jake Fischer of SI Now (Twitter link), whose report came after the Mavs news but before the report on the Kings. Fischer last week reported that the Kings would soon begin talks with the client of Brian Dyke and Wallace Prather.

Smith has reportedly held mutual interest in re-signing with the Rockets, and he enjoys playing for Kevin McHale, notes Calvin Watkins of ESPN.com (on Twitter). Still, the Rockets have only Non-Bird rights on the forward who signed at midseason, meaning they can only give him $2,492,400, a 20% raise on the $2.077MM he saw in 2014/15, without clearing cap space or raiding the mid-level exception.

The Clippers and Smith also reportedly had mutual interest, though that surfaced before DeAndre Jordan flipped from his decision to sign with the Mavs to recommit to the Clippers instead. Thus, the Clippers only have the minimum salary to offer. The Mavs have loads of cap room that they were to spend on Jordan, while the Kings have roughly $7MM in cap space.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO NO NO. He doesn't help us at all this year, except win a few games that we don't need to win.

Kings, Mavs Interested In Josh Smith

July 9th at 1:56pm CST by Chuck Myron
The Kings have a “very strong” interest in Josh Smith, league sources tell Jason Jones of the Sacramento Bee (Twitter links), and the Mavs are in play for him, too, as Michael Scotto of SheridanHoops hears (Twitter link). Still, while six teams have shown interest, “nothing of substance” is in the works for Smith, a source tells Jake Fischer of SI Now (Twitter link), whose report came after the Mavs news but before the report on the Kings. Fischer last week reported that the Kings would soon begin talks with the client of Brian Dyke and Wallace Prather.

Smith has reportedly held mutual interest in re-signing with the Rockets, and he enjoys playing for Kevin McHale, notes Calvin Watkins of ESPN.com (on Twitter). Still, the Rockets have only Non-Bird rights on the forward who signed at midseason, meaning they can only give him $2,492,400, a 20% raise on the $2.077MM he saw in 2014/15, without clearing cap space or raiding the mid-level exception.

The Clippers and Smith also reportedly had mutual interest, though that surfaced before DeAndre Jordan flipped from his decision to sign with the Mavs to recommit to the Clippers instead. Thus, the Clippers only have the minimum salary to offer. The Mavs have loads of cap room that they were to spend on Jordan, while the Kings have roughly $7MM in cap space.

I don't think Cuban has it in him to tank. It must be frustrating because sometimes you have to lose a battle to win a war, or in this case a championship. ( Referring to Robinson / Duncan drafts)

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5:40pm: Matthews’ deal is now for the max, at four years and about $70MM, TNT’s David Aldridge tweets, since DeAndre Jordan pulled his about-face and signed with the Clippers.

It just keeps getting worse. Instead of 4/57 its up to 70 now.