• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas Mavs

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of me wants to see Jordan go back on his verbal to the Mavs and be lured back by the Clippers. Only/Main reason being -- I want to see Cuban go ape shit.

National buzz as I'm typing this thinks this is exactly what will happen.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we lose Jordan, the Rondo trade is made that much worse. Our team sucks to start the season since Matthews and Parsons won't be playing or if they are at a reduced rate. Dirk is our best player again. We have no one at the 5. We could end up with a good draft pick.

But unless it is one of the 6 worst in the NBA, Celtics get it and our 2nd. if we lose Jordan, we have to go full on tank mode and go for a top 3 pick. then hope we really are legit contenders for Durant (we aren't).

Would actually be better to trade Dirk so he doesn't waste a year.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If his heart is still in LA, then get the hell out of Dallas. We don't need another Lamar who sulks because he doesn't really want to be here.

Don't get me wrong, he will be a giant POS that will get booed everytime he comes to Dallas and I'll wish nothing but the worst for the entire Clippers organization...but if is having doubts then spare us the $20M.

And Cuban needs to get on a plane to Tyson's place and offer him something better than PHX did.
I agree, but after the Clippers called him back, I'd never deal with them again, candy every time one of their stars came up I'd offer them all I could to drive the rates up

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but after the Clippers called him back, I'd never deal with them again, candy every time one of their stars came up I'd offer them all I could to drive the rates up

And send Dirk to LAL to help them rebuild and put Clipshow in the cellar. :pound:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we lose Jordan, the Rondo trade is made that much worse. Our team sucks to start the season since Matthews and Parsons won't be playing or if they are at a reduced rate. Dirk is our best player again. We have no one at the 5. We could end up with a good draft pick.

But unless it is one of the 6 worst in the NBA, Celtics get it and our 2nd. if we lose Jordan, we have to go full on tank mode and go for a top 3 pick. then hope we really are legit contenders for Durant (we aren't).

Another great point, as long as it gives Dirk a shot at another ring. Dirk at his current affordable rate might bring a haul

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly!

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First, it's being rumored on 105.3 right now that Jordan called them

Second, the Clippers are playing within the guidelines of the rules. There's nothing underhanded here at all. If the shoe was on our foot, we'd do EXACTLY what the Clippers are doing.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Dallas became aware of the Clippers’ renewed pursuit on Wednesday morning and is planning an aggressive response, sources told Yahoo Sports."

What kind of response could the Mavs possibly have. The Clippers are bringing the owner, Doc Rivers, Griffin, Paul, Pierce and Redick. Who are we going to bring? Cuban and Chandler Parsons? They better bring Jordan's mom. :)

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, it's being rumored on 105.3 right now that Jordan called them

Second, the Clippers are playing within the guidelines of the rules. There's nothing underhanded here at all. If the shoe was on our foot, we'd do EXACTLY what the Clippers are doing.
It's also rumored the Clippers called him. I'd say it's massive damage control for the Shitstorm that would hit the Clippers

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's also rumored the Clippers called him. I'd say it's massive damage control for the Shitstorm that would hit the Clippers

I don't think there's any such Shitstorm forthcoming.

This situation, albeit rare, is exactly why they have this period of time between conversations, and the actually signing.

This is a prudent move on the Clippers part and every team, included the Mavs, would be doing exactly what they are doing.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Dallas became aware of the Clippers’ renewed pursuit on Wednesday morning and is planning an aggressive response, sources told Yahoo Sports."

What kind of response could the Mavs possibly have. The Clippers are bringing the owner, Doc Rivers, Griffin, Paul, Pierce and Redick. Who are we going to bring? Cuban and Chandler Parsons? They better bring Jordan's mom. :)

maybe get Sumlin to fly over there in the Swag copter, flash some Aggie bling for nostalgia sake.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there's any such Shitstorm forthcoming.

This situation, albeit rare, is exactly why they have this period of time between conversations, and the actually signing.

This is a prudent move on the Clippers part and every team, included the Mavs, would be doing exactly what they are doing.

Agree on the conversations part of it but when you finally make a verbal commitment you need to be a man of your word. And he will get a lot of heat for that if he changes his mind.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on the conversations part of it but when you finally make a verbal commitment you need to be a man of your word. And he will get a lot of heat for that if he changes his mind.

Totally agree with you.

His argument was about the team (the Clippers), and my rub would be TOTALLY with Jordan.

But I'm now hearing on 105.3 Jordan felt he was mislead, either by the Mavs or his current agent (Fagan), and he's making a case about this. And apparently the Clippers have "on purpose" talked directly with Jordan and not his agent.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jordan goes back to the Clippers it is time to free ourselves up in a big way financially and just start over. It is long overdue.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree with you.

His argument was about the team (the Clippers), and my rub would be TOTALLY with Jordan.

But I'm now hearing on 105.3 Jordan felt he was mislead, either by the Mavs or his current agent (Fagan), and he's making a case about this. And apparently the Clippers have "on purpose" talked directly with Jordan and not his agent.

Gotcha on the team/player part of it. It is really hard to know what the truth is. Not sure how he could have been mislead but I am sure more will surface regardless if it is fact or fiction.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ripple effect of Jordan going back to the Clippers, from a Maverick standpoint, is a true horror story.

I certainly think this could spell the end of Carlisle's time in Dallas. He's under contract for one more season, and I can't imagine he'd want to stick around for a total rebuilding process.

And can't Parsons opt-out after next season?

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If his heart is still in LA, then get the hell out of Dallas. We don't need another Lamar who sulks because he doesn't really want to be here.

Don't get me wrong, he will be a giant POS that will get booed everytime he comes to Dallas and I'll wish nothing but the worst for the entire Clippers organization...but if is having doubts then spare us the $20M.

And Cuban needs to get on a plane to Tyson's place and offer him something better than PHX did.

No Cuban doesn't. There's absolutely no reason to pay Tyson 50+ million. When Deandre tells us tonight that he's going back, it's time to finish with one of the worst 7 records. Tyson does nothing for us moving forward. He's not a draw. He wasn't even very good defensively last year. It's time to suck and use that pick to acquire the next "face'