• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas Mavs

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was going to leave Portland, it was a no brainer to sign with the Spurs. The lakers / Knicks / Heat suck now. Mavericks and Rockets could only acquire him via sign and trade.

Going into free agency the Mavericks had just as much cap room as the Spurs

Aldridge had many more suitors and also wasn't the greater need, so the Mavs hedged their bets on Jordan and it was the right move, considering many believe it had a lot to do with the Mavs also getting Matthews on a discount

They just need to develop their bench now, and get some guys healthy

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan
Dirk
Parsons
Matthews
Harris

Powell
Anderson
Evans
Barea
Felton

Roster is slowly filling out... still some interesting options out there, especially a couple big men that might be willing to latch on for a Aminu type deal and prove their worth, still need a quality big man to play behind Jordan for sure, as Powell is the onlly guy we have I would even consider a 4/5

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan
Dirk
Parsons
Matthews
Harris

Powell
Anderson
Evans
Barea
Felton

Roster is slowly filling out... still some interesting options out there, especially a couple big men that might be willing to latch on for a Aminu type deal and prove their worth, still need a quality big man to play behind Jordan for sure, as Powell is the onlly guy we have I would even consider a 4/5

You forgot Richard Jefferson. He has already agreed to re-sign for the veteran's minimum.

Also, according to Tim MacMahon, Charlie Villanueva is going to re-sign as well. MacMahon also states that Jeremy Lin to Dallas is almost a done deal. So it would seem as though you could add those two names to the roster as well.

The other names I've heard that Dallas is talking to are JET (right fit?), Stoudemire (minutes?), and Boozer (cap space?).

So:

Jordan
Dirk
Parsons
Matthews
Lin

Harris
Barea
Felton
Jefferson
Villanueva
Evans
Anderson
Powell

Either Felton would have to be stretched/waived or Powell would have to play D-League to make room for one of Terry, Stoudemire, or Boozer (with Terry being the most likely since he would be the cheapest and have the most desire to return to Dallas).

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot Richard Jefferson. He has already agreed to re-sign for the veteran's minimum.

Also, according to Tim MacMahon, Charlie Villanueva is going to re-sign as well. MacMahon also states that Jeremy Lin to Dallas is almost a done deal. So it would seem as though you could add those two names to the roster as well.

The other names I've heard that Dallas is talking to are JET (right fit?), Stoudemire (minutes?), and Boozer (cap space?).

So:

Jordan
Dirk
Parsons
Matthews
Lin

Harris
Barea
Felton
Jefferson
Villanueva
Evans
Anderson
Powell

Either Felton would have to be stretched/waived or Powell would have to play D-League to make room for one of Terry, Stoudemire, or Boozer (with Terry being the most likely since he would be the cheapest and have the most desire to return to Dallas).

I did forget jefferson, but I don't include anyone til they actually sign, I don't consider anything a given

But even in your scenario, we need someone to backup Jordan

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up to 12 now, Charlie V officially to re-sign on a 1 year deal, still need a big man though and another PG instead of Felton IMO

Jordan
Dirk
Parsons
Matthews
Harris

Powell
Anderson
Evans
Barea
Felton
Jefferson
Villanueva

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up to 12 now, Charlie V officially to re-sign on a 1 year deal, still need a big man though and another PG instead of Felton IMO

Jordan
Dirk
Parsons
Matthews
Harris

Powell
Anderson
Evans
Barea
Felton
Jefferson
Villanueva

Agree. We definitely need a quality backup Center because I don't think Powell is going to cut it. Also, we might be a bit thin at the 2 spot. Matthews and Harris are both injury question marks and Anderson is a rookie. I would take old man Terry back at the vet min just as an end of the bench insurance policy. He actually put up decent numbers for the Rockets last year when forced into starting duty. Ditch Felton, bring in Lin and Terry, relegate Powell to the D-League, and find a serviceable backup for Jordan.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. We definitely need a quality backup Center because I don't think Powell is going to cut it. Also, we might be a bit thin at the 2 spot. Matthews and Harris are both injury question marks and Anderson is a rookie. I would take old man Terry back at the vet min just as an end of the bench insurance policy. He actually put up decent numbers for the Rockets last year when forced into starting duty. Ditch Felton, bring in Lin and Terry, relegate Powell to the D-League, and find a serviceable backup for Jordan.

Backups for Jordan are pretty slim.... Cole Aldrich, Joel Freeland, explore a trade for someone like Josh McRoberts, Jeff Withey, Justin Hamilton... like I said, it's pretty slim pickens, Maybe Bernard James, who I've always liked but has zero upside

Take a flier on any of those 2 guys, dump Felton and find a way to get Lin and Terry

Believe that would put us at 15, Powell, a big man and maybe Anderson/Evans in the D-League?

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of me wants to see Jordan go back on his verbal to the Mavs and be lured back by the Clippers. Only/Main reason being -- I want to see Cuban go ape shit.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would cause a major stink if Jordan backed out of the deal. The Macs lost out on Hibbert and other sign and trades they could have made if DJ hadn't agreed to terms

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would cause a major stink if Jordan backed out of the deal. The Macs lost out on Hibbert and other sign and trades they could have made if DJ hadn't agreed to terms

Not only that but it will not cast a good light on Jordan for making a verbal commitment and then backing out on it. His character would take a big hit for that.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only that but it will not cast a good light on Jordan for making a verbal commitment and then backing out on it. His character would take a big hit for that.

Well, if our media is to be half-way believed, his mom wanted him back in Texas and was a major influence in his decision making process.

But we'll see.

But I just love how the national media wants to concentrate and pontificate on how his best chance to win is to stay in LA and how much better off he is by playing (he might call it suffering) with Chris Paul being the facilitator.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If his heart is still in LA, then get the hell out of Dallas. We don't need another Lamar who sulks because he doesn't really want to be here.

Don't get me wrong, he will be a giant POS that will get booed everytime he comes to Dallas and I'll wish nothing but the worst for the entire Clippers organization...but if is having doubts then spare us the $20M.

And Cuban needs to get on a plane to Tyson's place and offer him something better than PHX did.