• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas Mavs

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they don't retain Aminu, they're dumber than I thought.

Well its a player option that he's not going to exercise for a measly 1 million, but I know Aminu is high on their list of people to re-sign, its just going to come down to money

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well its a player option that he's not going to exercise for a measly 1 million, but I know Aminu is high on their list of people to re-sign, its just going to come down to money

They have over 30 million in cap space, but they also have a lot of holes to fill

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Anderson could be a good player. I always like to clip and save who I'd have taken just for fun. Give me SG RJ Hunter and PG JP Tokoto

I love the Anderson pick in the 1st round, but in the 2nd round, I agree Tokoto would've been a better pick but also Lalanne out of UMass

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Al-Farouq Aminu, Blazers agree to 4-year, $30M deal

Dallas was never going to pay him that. Good for him. Wonder if in two years we will get him back like JJBarrea. Did Aminu really figure it out, or did Carlisle put him in a position to succeed that other coaches can't? We have seen it with Wright and JJ already.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just hope the Mavs finally land a big fish in the FA market. Seems they never really get that big time star to sign. I'd prefer Aldridge over Jordan but I'll take either one. Just get one of them.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just hope the Mavs finally land a big fish in the FA market. Seems they never really get that big time star to sign. I'd prefer Aldridge over Jordan but I'll take either one. Just get one of them.

Jordan probably makes more sense, but Aldridge is the better player

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T Chandler to the Suns. Uh-oh. Now Jordan becomes a must. Otherwise welcome to 1990s Maverick basketball. Dont want to see Dirk go out on a 25 win team. Come on Mavs make it happen.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I predict Jordan to Mavs and Aldridge to the Spurs.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monta to the Pacers

The Pacers need scoring in a big way, and they've gotten a huge boost in free agency. CBSSports.com confirms reports that the Pacers have agreed to a four-year deal with free agent guard Monta Ellis who spent the past two seasons in Dallas. The deal is reportedly for 4-years, $44 million with a player option after the third year.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monta to the Pacers

The Pacers need scoring in a big way, and they've gotten a huge boost in free agency. CBSSports.com confirms reports that the Pacers have agreed to a four-year deal with free agent guard Monta Ellis who spent the past two seasons in Dallas. The deal is reportedly for 4-years, $44 million with a player option after the third year.

Sounds about right, he was a bargain at 8 million for us, he got a bump to about 11 million, wells deserved, he just no longer fit into what we were trying to do

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds about right, he was a bargain at 8 million for us, he got a bump to about 11 million, wells deserved, he just no longer fit into what we were trying to do

Provides needed scoring for a defensive team

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This really does feel like all or nothing this time around. In the past when they whiffed on DWill, CP3, and Howard, they had pretty decent fallback options and players already on the roster who at least kept the team competitive.

If they miss out on Jordan and to a lesser degree Matthews, it is going to be ugly. Very ugly. I'm hearing Roy Hibbert, Kosta Koufos, Jeremy Lin, CJ Watson, and praying Barea comes back. Can you imagine trotting out a starting five of Barea, Harris or Watson off the ball at the 2, Parsons, aging Dirk, and Koufos?

I'm afraid Dirk's last chance at a championship rides on this offseason and what Jordan and Matthews decide.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we actually landed a semi-big free agent for a change. Piece 1B is in place now, as Marc Stein and David Aldridge both just reported that Wesley Matthews has committed to the Mavs on a 4-year deal (financial terms not yet revealed). He turned down a 4-year $64M offer from the Kings to play in Dallas, so it will be interesting to see what he gets from the Mavs.

From a talent standpoint, I love the signing- a tenacious defender who can absolutely light it up from 3. I just hope his Achilles heals ok. I also hope this signing might persuade DeAndre to choose Dallas.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we actually landed a semi-big free agent for a change. Piece 1B is in place now, as Marc Stein and David Aldridge both just reported that Wesley Matthews has committed to the Mavs on a 4-year deal (financial terms not yet revealed). He turned down a 4-year $64M offer from the Kings to play in Dallas, so it will be interesting to see what he gets from the Mavs.

From a talent standpoint, I love the signing- a tenacious defender who can absolutely light it up from 3. I just hope his Achilles heals ok. I also hope this signing might persuade DeAndre to choose Dallas.

This makes me feel somewhat better, and yes adding Deandre would go a long way towards that as well. I was a bit worried they might end up on the short end of FA once again. Still quite a few pieces needed but this is a start at least.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At least you got something. How could you strike out on both and hope to build a team?

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This really does feel like all or nothing this time around. In the past when they whiffed on DWill, CP3, and Howard, they had pretty decent fallback options and players already on the roster who at least kept the team competitive.

If they miss out on Jordan and to a lesser degree Matthews, it is going to be ugly. Very ugly. I'm hearing Roy Hibbert, Kosta Koufos, Jeremy Lin, CJ Watson, and praying Barea comes back. Can you imagine trotting out a starting five of Barea, Harris or Watson off the ball at the 2, Parsons, aging Dirk, and Koufos?

I'm afraid Dirk's last chance at a championship rides on this offseason and what Jordan and Matthews decide.

While obviously not as dynamic as Jordan, Koufos is a starting quality center, I wouldn't be overly upset with him as a Plan B, he's just not a sexy pickup