• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak Prescott

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think CeeDee absolutely signs during camp. It's pretty much a guarantee within a couple of million $'s what he is going to get so either sign him or trade him. This will free up a ton of 2024 cap space and allow us to sign whomever we want and even extend Micah if we so choose.

A lot of chatter now about a shorter deal for Dak. I'd be happier with this than a longer deal for sure, but a shorter deal combined with his already existing dead money is going to be difficult under the cap because you can't backload a shorter deal as much. I still feel moving on is best as we have seen this same group fail too many times and I really can't see any reason to feel it will be different without changes. That is obviously not all Dak's fault, but why would we just keep doing the same thing over and over when it isn't working. Try something new. All this current group does is to do just enough to make the Jones Boyz richer and richer

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
every year it's always the cap, QB, and or the coach.

Jerry and all that is Jerry Jones remains the problem with everything.

Glory Hole?
Romo Friendly?
we're all in?

I still believe strange shit can happen in team sports. Look at the Texas Rangers.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way we dont resign Dak is if we are blowing it up & starting over.
& that Ladies & Gentlemen.
Is not in Jerry's vocabulary.
So the only way we dont resign Dak is if Dak doesnt want to be here.

I also agree with whoever. CeeDee will get his deal too.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d be pretty pissed off if they do this. One of the reasons I justified (in my own head at least) not signing any free agents was to get a bunch of Dak’s cap space off the cap this year and not push it into outer years so that we have flexibility going forward With or without Dak. At this point I don‘t see any benefit whatsoever of doing this unless they want to sign Micah and can’t get CeeDee signed first. They have all the cap space they need right now and when they eventually sign CeeDee it will create cap space also.
That's exactly what I was talking about back at the start of FA. I was saying then Jerry and Stephen were using his contract as an excuse not to spend money. They could have done this back then whether they planned to extend him or not. IMO we have turned into the Yankees. Lots of people complained about George being a meddlesome owner, but at least he cared about winning first. His kids care more about profits. That's where Stephen is. Lining his pockets

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Cowboys are about to have no choice but rebuild. IF their plan is to resign him, then they should just give him what he wants. They should have done it yesterday or 3 months ago. There was no way they were ever going to have leverage, they gave him a deal with no franchise tag and a no trade clause. Now, with Dak and his agent showing they are all about maximizing his earnings, the way to go for them is good out till he is an UFA. On the open market, he could still sign with the Cowboys, but then he could play other teams against them and honestly break their bank. If they were wise, they would go to Dak, offer him a dollar more than the highest QB deal out there right now and say take it or leave it. Take it or we go to Trey Lance next year or the second things go sideways this year

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the roster, they have a lot of young talent. There is no rebuild with or without Dak. moving on from Dak doesn’t mean rebuilding, it just means spending that money elsewhere.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the roster, they have a lot of young talent. There is no rebuild with or without Dak. moving on from Dak doesn’t mean rebuilding, it just means spending that money elsewhere.
I actually think McCarthy could win with Trey Lance. Clip and save that one, feel free to make me look like a fool if he were to flop, but I absolutely believe it. Lance is not like Dak, he isn't a polished pocket passer yet. But I think he could do one Hell of a Jalen Hurts imitation with his arm strength and athleticism. Low end Justin Fields high end Hurts

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think McCarthy could win with Trey Lance. Clip and save that one, feel free to make me look like a fool if he were to flop, but I absolutely believe it. Lance is not like Dak, he isn't a polished pocket passer yet. But I think he could do one Hell of a Jalen Hurts imitation with his arm strength and athleticism. Low end Justin Fields high end Hurts
I hope by this you mean with Lance and also with spending Dak’s $50M on other players and not just this particular team with Lance. I don’t see any way in the world this team is better with Lance than Dak. Personally i don't think Lance is an NFL caliber QB, but I hope he proves me wrong this off-season.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope by this you mean with Lance and also with spending Dak’s $50M on other players and not just this particular team with Lance. I don’t see any way in the world this team is better with Lance than Dak. Personally i don't think Lance is an NFL caliber QB, but I hope he proves me wrong this off-season.
That's exactly what I mean. If they legitimately spent Dak's money on the team, the stronger squad around Lance would make it possible to win. Imagine for a second we had gone that route this season(hypothetical). We could have either Tony Pollard or Derrick Henry as RB1. That along with Lances ability to run would give us a far more dynamic run game. Henry cost $8M this season. Tyron Smith is going to cost $6.5M this season plus incentives. Let's say that kicks him to $15M. That's $23M spent. If you want an impact defender, how about Patrick Queen for $14M. That would get you to $37M. You'd still have $18-19M available. How about a 1T upgrade like Arik Armstead and still be able to resign Stephon Gilmore.....that's literally what you could do with $58M im cap space. If you don't like my moves make your own, the point is, Lance wouldn't have to be Dak with that supporting cast

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys are about to have no choice but rebuild. IF their plan is to resign him, then they should just give him what he wants. They should have done it yesterday or 3 months ago. There was no way they were ever going to have leverage, they gave him a deal with no franchise tag and a no trade clause. Now, with Dak and his agent showing they are all about maximizing his earnings, the way to go for them is good out till he is an UFA. On the open market, he could still sign with the Cowboys, but then he could play other teams against them and honestly break their bank. If they were wise, they would go to Dak, offer him a dollar more than the highest QB deal out there right now and say take it or leave it. Take it or we go to Trey Lance next year or the second things go sideways this year

I hope Lance shows something in pre season. Otherwise the Jones will go into panic mode and bend over for Dak.
That my true thoughts

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Lance shows something in pre season. Otherwise the Jones will go into panic mode and bend over for Dak.
That my true thoughts
I think he is going to look real strong. The kid has a ton of talent, a great work ethic, and has sat and watched for a year. I think he is going to impress

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
every year it's always the cap, QB, and or the coach.

Jerry and all that is Jerry Jones remains the problem with everything.

Glory Hole?
Romo Friendly?
we're all in?

I still believe strange shit can happen in team sports. Look at the Texas Rangers.
What happened to the rangers was good karma finally making its way to Arlington. We've been yanging now forever and we finally got a yin to go with it.

Opposite with the boys. Got our three yins now we gotta sludge though too many yang seasons to make that up.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts as well.

Dak in a boot makes me say adios amigo. Had your many chances and have no trophies.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strong arm and athletic. If our Oline shapes up the way we think it could then our O could be very different than last years.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is going to look real strong. The kid has a ton of talent, a great work ethic, and has sat and watched for a year. I think he is going to impress
I honestly don't know.

But

The 49ers thought very highly of him when they made the pick. I hope he has or can grow into that caliber of player

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't know.

But

The 49ers thought very highly of him when they made the pick. I hope he has or can grow into that caliber of player
And then once having him on the team and seeing him every day traded him for a 4th...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't know.

But

I think he is a similar talent to Jordan Love. Sitting for a while was the best thing that ever happened to Love. I don't think Lance was ready to play as a rookie, but think about the fact that he is still only 24. He may be a total flop but I don't think so at all. I think he has a chance to be really good