• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak Prescott

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been a big crtic of the defense for years, but I can't put 100 percent blame on them for the playoff loses. If Dak played better in the two SF loses, we would have won. I blame the defense and coaching 80% on the Green Bay and Rams playoff losses.
well. If more people thought like you. We wouldnt judge the QB on one game. This would point out there is more to Cowboys losing post season than the QB. Everyone has time they can be blamed. Qbs, Defense, Most importantly coaching. Typically the better team wins the post season games, not necessarily the better QB.
That I think is why this last loss hurt everyone so much. I think we all thought we were the better team. Then everyone shit the bed. QB, Defense, Coaching. Hell even CeeDee had his oops. They were better prepared & simply out played/coached us. So now the fans are calling for everyone's heads. I feel the same frustration.
Hell the week before people were wanting Quinn to be the next HC. After the game they wanted him gone LOL

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well. If more people thought like you. We wouldnt judge the QB on one game. This would point out there is more to Cowboys losing post season than the QB. Everyone has time they can be blamed. Qbs, Defense, Most importantly coaching. Typically the better team wins the post season games, not necessarily the better QB.
That I think is why this last loss hurt everyone so much. I think we all thought we were the better team. Then everyone shit the bed. QB, Defense, Coaching. Hell even CeeDee had his oops. They were better prepared & simply out played/coached us. So now the fans are calling for everyone's heads. I feel the same frustration.
Hell the week before people were wanting Quinn to be the next HC. After the game they wanted him gone LOL
they got their wish eventually.in all honesty,dak has a lot to live up too.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also seems like in games where you know they are unprepared, they get blown out early. No chance of coming back, Green Bay, SF, Arizona, etc. Just horribly prepared. You see a loss coming quickly before you can drink your first beverage.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they got their wish eventually.in all honesty,dak has a lot to live up too.
as with all leaders of teams. :thumb:
Until they do..... they didnt.

I've always gotten the argument.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2021 in the playoff loss our offense scored 17 points. Dak threw an interception at our own 26 that led to the game winning TD.
2022 in the playoff loss our offense scored 12 points. Dak threw 2 interceptions. One at our own 27 that led to a SF FG and the second in the red zone.
2023 the stats were great because of garbage time accumulation. The lost, no confidence, deer in the headlights look on Dak's face in the first half was never more evident.
Dak may need a change of scenery . The pressure been mounting for years. One of his better playoff games was the loss to Rodgers during his rookie year. The defense came up small at the end. The only playoff game Dak has played well since was the Tampa game. Otherwise Dak has either been mediocre or even horrible.

The first seven weeks are tough. Cowboys are going to lose five of those games if they don't fix the running game on both sides of the ball. I am hoping things change with the addition of Zimmer and guys like Beebe and TJ Bass.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the cowboys have been the most watched team every year but their first four.

however...only two were idiolized for their play on the field. Dandy was more as a broadcaster.

but Don could sure spin the football.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who has ever said otherwise?
that’s the whole point. Saying the defense is 100% to blame is just making excuses for Dak’s role. No one says it’s JUST him. Many want to say he has no role at all.

mostly agree with what you said here though.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also seems like in games where you know they are unprepared, they get blown out early. No chance of coming back, Green Bay, SF, Arizona, etc. Just horribly prepared. You see a loss coming quickly before you can drink your first beverage.
And yet many give the coach a pass too. Life as a Cowboy fan…

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, this got off the rails.

I don't think anyone suggested any one player... group effort for sure.
The QB & coach always take the most heat.

Landry & Meredith would second the notion.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the issue is money more than Dak's overall performance. I don't think one person on this board is delusional enough to believe Dak isn't a good starting QB. The question is can you win a Super Bowl giving one player between $55-60M a year in today's game if he isn't an all time great player.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak may need a change of scenery . The pressure been mounting for years. One of his better playoff games was the loss to Rodgers during his rookie year. The defense came up small at the end. The only playoff game Dak has played well since was the Tampa game. Otherwise Dak has either been mediocre or even horrible.

The first seven weeks are tough. Cowboys are going to lose five of those games if they don't fix the running game on both sides of the ball. I am hoping things change with the addition of Zimmer and guys like Beebe and TJ Bass.
I agree. I actually 100% think Dak can win a SB in the right place. I just don't think it can be in Dallas. Off the top of my head I can't think of a QB that played better last regular season, but the pressure here combined with the meddling, the poor coaching and 30 years of the sky is about to fall atmosphere once we hit January is just too much IMO and he doesn't have that arrogant, cocky attitude to let it roll off his shoulders once adversity hits and he loses his confidence and his play suffers. I think what he needs after a screwup in a huge spot is a coach or a WR to walk up to him and say "that was my fault, not yours" and relieve some pressure. But here the camera is on him for 5 minutes after an interception and all of his doubts creep in and all of the other players and coaches scatter. :2cents:

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2021 in the playoff loss our offense scored 17 points. Dak threw an interception at our own 26 that led to the game winning TD.
2022 in the playoff loss our offense scored 12 points. Dak threw 2 interceptions. One at our own 27 that led to a SF FG and the second in the red zone.
2023 the stats were great because of garbage time accumulation. The lost, no confidence, deer in the headlights look on Dak's face in the first half was never more evident.
That fucking defense!

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the issue is money more than Dak's overall performance. I don't think one person on this board is delusional enough to believe Dak isn't a good starting QB. The question is can you win a Super Bowl giving one player between $55-60M a year in today's game if he isn't an all time great player.
Ask Baltimore, SD, Jacksonville, Buffalo, Cincinnati etc.. the same question. $55-60 is the going rate for top QB's. It is just going to go up.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask Baltimore, SD, Jacksonville, Buffalo, Cincinnati etc.. the same question. $55-60 is the going rate for top QB's. It is just going to go up.
Buffalo, Baltimore and Cincinnati have guys that are bigger difference makers than Dallas does and could more conceivably play in a Super Bowl. Burrow already has played in a Super Bowl and the other two would have if they weren't in the same conference as Mahomes. Herbert and Lawrence are 25 and 24 respectively and more talented than Dak, who is 30 and looking for a second extension, not his first. All the QB's you named are in the same conference as possibly the greatest QB of all time. Dak just got his ass handed to him in a home playoff game to Jordan Love. Not the same to me om any of them

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffalo, Baltimore and Cincinnati have guys that are bigger difference makers than Dallas does and could more conceivably play in a Super Bowl. Burrow already has played in a Super Bowl and the other two would have if they weren't in the same conference as Mahomes. Herbert and Lawrence are 25 and 24 respectively and more talented than Dak, who is 30 and looking for a second extension, not his first. All the QB's you named are in the same conference as possibly the greatest QB of all time. Dak just got his ass handed to him in a home playoff game to Jordan Love. Not the same to me om any of them
So now it's difference makers?? None of them have won a Superbowl. And has been said many times, teams get and win Superbowls.