• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak Prescott

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now it's difference makers?? None of them have won a Superbowl. And has been said many times, teams get and win Superbowls.
Hey man, we just disagree on his value. He will be 31 next season. He doesn't have the mobility he had earlier in his career. You're comparing Dak to 24-25 year olds who have never won a Super Bowl as your proof they are all the same guy. That's bullcrap. Are you sure Lamar Jackson, Burrow, Hebert, Josh Allen and Trevor Lawrence won't make a Super Bowl by the time they are 31? And again, you are talking about AFC guys(Mahomes) where its much tougher sledding. Straight up question....if you asked every single NFL GM(including ours) if they would trade any of the guys above heads up for Dak, do you honestly think you get one yes? Because there is a 0.00% chance they would. The worst QB on that list is Lawrence and he is 6 years younger with just as much playoff success as Dak.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey man, we just disagree on his value. He will be 31 next season. He doesn't have the mobility he had earlier in his career. You're comparing Dak to 24-25 year olds who have never won a Super Bowl as your proof they are all the same guy. That's bullcrap. Are you sure Lamar Jackson, Burrow, Hebert, Josh Allen and Trevor Lawrence won't make a Super Bowl by the time they are 31? And again, you are talking about AFC guys(Mahomes) where its much tougher sledding. Straight up question....if you asked every single NFL GM(including ours) if they would trade any of the guys above heads up for Dak, do you honestly think you get one yes? Because there is a 0.00% chance they would. The worst QB on that list is Lawrence and he is 6 years younger with just as much playoff success as Dak.
From they pay a QB they think can win a Superbowl, to "no, I mean difference makers, to no, now I mean younger QBs. You must like moving targets. LOL

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From they pay a QB they think can win a Superbowl, to "no, I mean difference makers, to no, now I mean younger QBs. You must like moving targets. LOL
WTF are you talking about man? You posted those 5 QB's...I pointed out that are all 4-6 years younger than Dak, on their first deal and not their 2nd, and all have had more success than Dak. Sorry if you think your original statement was apples to apples but its not. You love Dak and want to pay him $55-60M a year that's your opinion. Not me. Hell, even the Cowboys drag their feet on resigning the guy

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crawl into a hole shitty. Embarrassed to go to work shitty.

Hard for me to look passed that game. Especially since I thought the bills game was an anomaly. Wasn't. It got worse.
here is my thing about that.
I don't think our highest paid defensive guys are or were embarrassed. I do think shitty play pisses Dak off.

the defense was so bad against GB. No wonder all teams passed on Quinn. Good ole Washington. This should be fun.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here is my thing about that.
I don't think our highest paid defensive guys are or were embarrassed. I do think shitty play pisses Dak off.

the defense was so bad against GB. No wonder all teams passed on Quinn. Good ole Washington. This should be fun.
In the end the Quinn era wasn't all that different than the Marinelli era. There was a time many (most) of us were really loving what Marinelli was doing also and just about all of us were all in on Quinn being the guy to take this team to the next level. But with all the good for both that came from lighter, quicker players getting up the field as much as possible and causing havoc, the lasting memory for both was not being strong enough, tough enough or able to stop the run and maybe worse not being wanting to or perhaps just not being able to convince Jerry to get players who could do so. I hope to never hear quick twitch again. I'll never understand how Quinn played the LBer position here on early downs (and playing 2 Strong safeties in the nickel wasn't all that much better). And now Quinn all of a sudden values LBers and goes out and gets Bobby Wagner, the guy who probably single handedly could have changed the last two seasons for us. Go figure.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with schmoopy.

The QB position has always gotten way too much blame and credit for a squad of 53.
There's a reason they get it. They have a major hand in each W/L. Sometimes it is unwarranted sure and GB was a whole team loss. But Dak specifically shit the bed. Saw it with with my two eyes. Yes other too. But dak is the $50 million bed shitter wanting a raise and I am saying no, not today.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a reason they get it. They have a major hand in each W/L. Sometimes it is unwarranted sure and GB was a whole team loss. But Dak specifically shit the bed. Saw it with with my two eyes. Yes other too. But dak is the $50 million bed shitter wanting a raise and I am saying no, not today.
i know, right

Meredith woulda played another three years if not for the media assault, Saw that too with my own two eyes.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know, right

Meredith woulda played another three years if not for the media assault, Saw that too with my own two eyes.

Same age as Dak, threw 3 ints. In a playoff game. Knew time to give it up. Dak wants a raise.

Don was done with playing. Dak wants to count Benjamins

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF are you talking about man? You posted those 5 QB's...I pointed out that are all 4-6 years younger than Dak, on their first deal and not their 2nd, and all have had more success than Dak. Sorry if you think your original statement was apples to apples but its not. You love Dak and want to pay him $55-60M a year that's your opinion. Not me. Hell, even the Cowboys drag their feet on resigning the guy
I don't love Dak. I am simply saying the going rate is 55+ for top tier QB. Dak is in that discussion. What success has Herbert and Lawrence had???

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't love Dak. I am simply saying the going rate is 55+ for top tier QB. Dak is in that discussion. What success has Herbert and Lawrence had???
I'm not denying thats the going rate. I am pointing out that Herbert and Lawrence are 24-25 and getting their 2nd deal while Dan is nearly 31 amd looking for his 3rd. Amd I wouldn't pay him that

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not denying thats the going rate. I am pointing out that Herbert and Lawrence are 24-25 and getting their 2nd deal while Dan is nearly 31 amd looking for his 3rd. Amd I wouldn't pay him that
I am not sold on either one. They haven't done shit yet. Dak did more than them in his first few years. IMO both are overhyped by the media. Whoever QB's the Cowboys got my support. Just win. I am not sold on Dak, and would love to have a better alternative. I just dread having the years like we had between Troy and Romo. Never want to experience them again. Looks like this is Dak's last year anyway. No confidence in the organization having a succession plan

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sold on either one. They haven't done shit yet. Dak did more than them in his first few years. IMO both are overhyped by the media. Whoever QB's the Cowboys got my support. Just win. I am not sold on Dak, and would love to have a better alternative. I just dread having the years like we had between Troy and Romo. Never want to experience them again. Looks like this is Dak's last year anyway. No confidence in the organization having a succession plan
Ill agree with your last sentence without question

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
found this interesting.

Dak Prescott currently carries a $59.455 million cap charge for 2024. The Cowboys can convert up to $27.79 million of Prescott's $29 million in 2024 salary into signing bonus. Dallas can do this without adding any more void years to the deal..would save Dallas about 21 million in 2024 cap space and they wouldn't even need Prescott's permission to do it. Now the problem is the Cowboys would have to carry a dead money charge of $58.32 million for 2025 if they don't re-sign him. They can buy themselves another year to solve the problem with a simple automatic conversion that does not require Prescott's approval.

bet this is what Jerry does.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
found this interesting.

Dak Prescott currently carries a $59.455 million cap charge for 2024. The Cowboys can convert up to $27.79 million of Prescott's $29 million in 2024 salary into signing bonus. Dallas can do this without adding any more void years to the deal..would save Dallas about 21 million in 2024 cap space and they wouldn't even need Prescott's permission to do it. Now the problem is the Cowboys would have to carry a dead money charge of $58.32 million for 2025 if they don't re-sign him. They can buy themselves another year to solve the problem with a simple automatic conversion that does not require Prescott's approval.

I’d be pretty pissed off if they do this. One of the reasons I justified (in my own head at least) not signing any free agents was to get a bunch of Dak’s cap space off the cap this year and not push it into outer years so that we have flexibility going forward With or without Dak. At this point I don‘t see any benefit whatsoever of doing this unless they want to sign Micah and can’t get CeeDee signed first. They have all the cap space they need right now and when they eventually sign CeeDee it will create cap space also.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d be pretty pissed off if they do this. One of the reasons I justified (in my own head at least) not signing any free agents was to get a bunch of Dak’s cap space off the cap this year and not push it into outer years so that we have flexibility going forward With or without Dak. At this point I don‘t see any benefit whatsoever of doing this unless they want to sign Micah and can’t get CeeDee signed first. They have all the cap space they need right now and when they eventually sign CeeDee it will create cap space also.
seems there might be a free agent signing. Not all that fired up about the Saints reciever but Simmons wouldn't hurt my feelings

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems there might be a free agent signing. Not all that fired up about the Saints reciever but Simmons wouldn't hurt my feelings
Good point. The off-season isn’t over and also a trade could happen I guess

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
found this interesting.

Counting almost $60 mill in dead? Nope. No way does this really help us.

Would there be a reason to do thos?