• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak Prescott

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know it's possible Dak will be more willing to sign a 5 year, maybe even longer, knowing another injury could kill another opportunity.

This injury while betting on himself has to be swirling around in his brain like it's a Category 5 hurricane.
I would love it to happen. I’m sure there is some form of compensation that can find its way into the contract to make it palatable for both sides.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think with the uncertainty of Dak's injury the Jones boys will roll with the tag another season and think they can just snap their finger and sign him for 22. I actually don't see Dak in a Dallas uniform for the 2022 season.

Result will be 5-11 but the team will have all time profits. The Jerry way don't ya know.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think with the uncertainty of Dak's injury the Jones boys will roll with the tag another season and think they can just snap their finger and sign him for 22. I actually don't see Dak in a Dallas uniform for the 2022 season.

Result will be 5-11 but the team will have all time profits. The Jerry way don't ya know.
Jerry is getting more closer to the grave then having a winning team.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he needs to give a discount, but I'd love it

At this point I’m just about resigned to the fact that we have one more year of Dak before descending back into the 5-11 abyss again... ala the Campo era.

Good job, Jerry.
This is exactly what will happen if Dak is not locked up. Sign Dak and draft well and good things will happen. Get that defense upgraded. Let Dak go and we see more 2020 seasons

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly what will happen if Dak is not locked up. Sign Dak and draft well and good things will happen. Get that defense upgraded. Let Dak go and we see more 2020 seasons
I agree unless they dont get Dak signed and we get lucky after going 2-16 with a QB pick of a kid that’s playing in High school today and has never seen a Dominant Amazonions Team in his lifetime. Oh and the Bezos now own the team and changed the name paying each owner 1 billion to do so With Mark Davis putting his money in escrow and refusing payment because that’s what his dad told him to do in a dream.

Sadly thats about as likely as us being in the SB soon.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That tweet is a little misleading.
Yes he had a 2nd surgery on the same ankle, but it had nothing to do with the 1st surgery.

In the 1st surgery they saw problems from previous injuries, so they went in to repair some things after the risk of infection was lower.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am starting to feel the same way. Cowboys say they want Dak long term,but actions speak louder than words. It seems like the smarter thing to do is cave to Dak ,do a sign and trade and get draft picks. Cowboys just are being cheap. Dak is worth 2 first round picks at the very least. I would still rather have Dak if he is recovered from the injury though.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys and Dak Prescott still are not close on a new deal to keep the star quarterback in Dallas long-term, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The Cowboys and Prescott were prohibited from negotiating a new deal during the season, but the sides were allowed to resume contract talks once Dallas' disappointing season ended.

Sources told ESPN that the Cowboys still want to re-sign Prescott, who wants to remain in Dallas. But the sides still have plenty of work to do on a new deal, with a history of not being able to get it done.

The Cowboys offered Prescott a deal last year that sources said averaged $34.5 million a year, included a $50 million signing bonus and had $110 million in guarantees.

The biggest issue between the sides was the length of the deal. The Cowboys wanted five years; agent Todd France countered with four because impending television contracts are expected to significantly raise the salary cap in the future.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Following Super Bowl LV, the Dallas Cowboys decided to post a hype video for the 2021 NFL season. But a quick look at the 32-second video revealed that a notable Cowboys player was missing.

a baseball player holding a bat: Dak Prescott on the field with Ezekiel Elliott for the Dallas Cowboys.
© Provided by The Spun
Dak Prescott was not featured in the Cowboys hype video released last night. And this morning a bunch of people are wondering why.

It’s not like the Cowboys left out any of the other faces of their franchise either. Ezekiel Elliott, Amari Cooper, Jaylon Smith, CeeDee Lamb and DeMarcus Lawrence all made it to the video.

It isn’t even like Prescott didn’t have highlights worth putting into the video either. He had nine touchdown passes and three rushing touchdowns before his season was cut short.

Maybe it has to do with Dak Prescott technically being a free agent at the end of the 2020 NFL season. He played this past year on the franchise tag, though the team is reportedly going to tag him again.

Attachments

• 1612842375706.png
    1612842375706.png
    68 bytes · Views: 3

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Following Super Bowl LV, the Dallas Cowboys decided to post a hype video for the 2021 NFL season. But a quick look at the 32-second video revealed that a notable Cowboys player was missing.

a baseball player holding a bat: Dak Prescott on the field with Ezekiel Elliott for the Dallas Cowboys.
© Provided by The Spun
Dak Prescott was not featured in the Cowboys hype video released last night. And this morning a bunch of people are wondering why.

It’s not like the Cowboys left out any of the other faces of their franchise either. Ezekiel Elliott, Amari Cooper, Jaylon Smith, CeeDee Lamb and DeMarcus Lawrence all made it to the video.

It isn’t even like Prescott didn’t have highlights worth putting into the video either. He had nine touchdown passes and three rushing touchdowns before his season was cut short.

Maybe it has to do with Dak Prescott technically being a free agent at the end of the 2020 NFL season. He played this past year on the franchise tag, though the team is reportedly going to tag him again.
nothing to see here.
He isnt technically under contract.
Dak will be a Cowboy next year & longer.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nothing to see here.
He isnt technically under contract.
Dak will be a Cowboy next year & longer.
Make no mistake...it's a fucking game between the team & Dak's representation, Dak's side countered yesterday when Dak followed the Washington Football Team on Instagram. I'm sure Dak is here on the tag this coming season, past that? I'll have to take your word for on all that....LOL

Better point....The Jones boys have been playing poker with the franchise QB now going on three years while they were all in with Romo day one. IMO, not smart, basically playing with fire, but it's comforting to know you & the Jones have this all figured out

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would be bad business for the Cowboys to continue to lowball Dak.. I think it would be a disaster for Dak to play on the tag and be a lame duck QB. Dak needs to be extended and either play or be traded if the cowboys are not committed I been a cowboys fan for over forty years and to me I am tired of watching Jerry ruin this team with the terrible contracts. Is Jaylon even an NFL caliber player anymore? Maybe he pulls a hamstring and it lingers all season

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It like WTF. Dak would be worth lots in a trade. Get the deal done and then if you dont want him trade him. Dont let him walk for nothing.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty confident that IF Dak and the Cowboys don't agree on a deal prior to the deadline and Dak gets tagged again, he will not be the franchise's QB beyond 2021 and its a damn shame. I can't find too much fault in how Dak and his agent played this - get what you can get. Jerry and us fans are now paying for all the dumb deals he's made and it may cost us the pleasure of having Dak lead our team. Jerry was no doubt leveraging the cap projections pre-Covid much like the agents do while looking down the road. He enjoyed having Dak on a cheaper deal thru 2020, but now has to pay large with short money. The curtain is about to be pulled back on how Jerry REALLY feels about Dak the QB.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10000% agree. I still believe if jerry was 100% vested in Dak as our franchise QB, he would have already been signed.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10000% agree. I still believe if jerry was 100% vested in Dak as our franchise QB, he would have already been signed.
It will be interesting to see what happens between March and July. I don't know that drafting a QB isn't a possibility the way this is going. I feel like it's still over 80% Dak is back, but I had been closer to 90% all along. If they had a top 5 pick or even moreso top 3, I would have been ok with them moving on IF there was a QB that they really loved that fell to us and then using that $40M on a couple of defensive studs. But what are the odds we will be that certain about a QB there at #10 and if we trade up it will cost us a lot (a #2, a future #1, both?) which would offset the ability to try and build a team that is strong enough in other areas to win without Dak.

I still lean towards if you don't resign or at least tag Dak you should just unload and start over and I don't think Jerry will start over which means without Dak we will be stuck in the middle - no guaranteed franchise QB, a shitty defense and some decent but few great players and no chance to win anything big. That to me is the worst case scenario and why I want them to sign Dak so much. I feel like another team has the brains to move on from Dak and come out the other side even better, but this team just doesn't have that ability. The Jones boys will cling to mediocrity before they will blow it up and build towards putting a top team on the field.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At Jerry's age, I don't see him ever looking to rebuild again. He is going to forever think we are close to being great. His(story) has taught us that.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At Jerry's age, I don't see him ever looking to rebuild again. He is going to forever think we are close to being great. His(story) has taught us that.
Exactly. Combining that with his eternal optimism, his lack of patience and his inept team building skills and I just don’t see any way we can make it work if we let Dak go unless we trade for another QB or luck out in the draft. Dak isn’t perfect by any stretch and I’m worried that after the injury he is going to run less when I think we are better when he runs even more than he has, but I just don’t us Being better without him than with him.

Last edited: