• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak Prescott

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too me, that 8-8 was more on the coaching and defense last year. However, total offense is overrated. When you are behind in so many games, you tend to pile up empty yards in trying to come back. Defenses give you the underneath and let up with big leads.
My thing isn't whether or not Dan is a good player. It's about is he worth $35-40 million per year. A lot of teams pay their QB because he is the next guy up and a lot of teams live to regret it(Rams, Goff).
My question is, replace Dak with other QB's in the league and how many could have gone 8-8 with the same defense and Head Coach. Its a pretty large list IMO.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I

I don't know how you can say " Super Bowl quality "without getting there lol. He is not Brady yet lol. You really go overboard with Dak sometimes.
Because the TEAM hasn't gotten there. You cant put all blame on the QB.

Trent Dilfer won a SB, and I wouldn't say he had the talent to lead a team to a SB, but he had a TEAM good enough to win it.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thing isn't whether or not Dan is a good player. It's about is he worth $35-40 million per year. A lot of teams pay their QB because he is the next guy up and a lot of teams live to regret it(Rams, Goff).
My question is, replace Dak with other QB's in the league and how many could have gone 8-8 with the same defense and Head Coach. Its a pretty large list IMO.
Had Dallas selected Cook in 16 and he put up the same numbers as Dak has, he would've had that 35M offer. Maybe he would have signed for the 5 years.
Every QB who resets the market is overpaid, but thats the system.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had Dallas selected Cook in 16 and he put up the same numbers as Dak has, he would've had that 35M offer. Maybe he would have signed for the 5 years.
Every QB who resets the market is overpaid, but thats the system.
So what is the deal? You think this is about race? Just asking.
I think it's fair to believe he is a good QB but still draw a line at how much they are willing to pay him and dictate terms. The Cowboys seem to love the guy, but have still drawn that line

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is the deal? You think this is about race? Just asking.
I think it's fair to believe he is a good QB but still draw a line at how much they are willing to pay him and dictate terms. The Cowboys seem to love the guy, but have still drawn that line
No I don't think it's about race, I just used Cook because word is he was the target, until he was taken. Point is the system dictates salaries, you cant low ball a guy your trying to say is your starter.

I wish Dak would've signed for 25M but thats completely unrealistic.

I'm not blaming Dak or the team for not getting this hammered out, as they both stood by their guns.

Now if the rumor is true that Dak was going to sign before the clock hit zero, I could blame both sides for not getting together a few hours before that.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I

I don't know how you can say " Super Bowl quality "without getting there lol. He is not Brady yet lol. You really go overboard with Dak sometimes.
How can I say it? I just did. He has Super Bowl quality leadership. I didn't say he was Brady. I said he's a leader of men, "like Brady." I'm so sick of people on this board twisting words and accusing me of being a Dak homer. All it takes is basic reading comprehension. Just because I support our starting quarterback and think he displays great leadership doesn't mean I go overboard. I have criticized Dak plenty of times. I just don't choose to pile on with Dak criticism every time the Cowboys lose a damn football game. That's shit fickle people do.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too me, that 8-8 was more on the coaching and defense last year. However, total offense is overrated. When you are behind in so many games, you tend to pile up empty yards in trying to come back. Defenses give you the underneath and let up with big leads.
The Cowboys were #2 in offensive DVOA. They led the NFL in yards per play. It wasn't empty stats. They had a FG kicker miss 10 FGs, a defense that collapsed after losing LVE, and a head coach who played prevent offense with the best offense in the NFL.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can I say it? I just did. He has Super Bowl quality leadership. I didn't say he was Brady. I said he's a leader of men, "like Brady." I'm so sick of people on this board twisting words and accusing me of being a Dak homer. All it takes is basic reading comprehension. Just because I support our starting quarterback and think he displays great leadership doesn't mean I go overboard. I have criticized Dak plenty of times. I just don't choose to pile on with Dak criticism every time the Cowboys lose a damn football game. That's shit fickle people do.

Right now 24 years and counting. Dak has been one of the few bright spots. I think he is a great character guy and we can win with him. I dont see many people blaming dak for loses. However, you seem to be over defensive of any criticism of Dak.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now 24 years and counting. Dak has been one of the few bright spots. I think he is a great character guy and we can win with him. I dont see many people blaming dak for loses. However, you seem to be over defensive of any criticism of Dak.
You can't put 10 years ago on the current players much less 24 years ago. This team is very good, if you can't see a true contender you have blinders on.

You have to remember there are 32 teams trying to win it all, its not that Cowboys failed on their own, other teams were just better.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't put 10 years ago on the current players much less 24 years ago. This team is very good, if you can't see a true contender you have blinders on.

You have to remember there are 32 teams trying to win it all, its not that Cowboys failed on their own, other teams were just better.
Who is putting 24 years on Dak or the current players Mr. BLUE LIVES?? WHERE THE HELL was I talking about this team being a contender or not? I SAID, We can win with DAK !!! Take off your Blue glasses. You can't see.

Reactions: GNG

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has been 24 years and counting. I hope dak is our QB for a long time. I am just not as high on him as you are.
We have no choice as it looks like he'll be here under a long term contract.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is putting 24 years on Dak or the current players Mr. BLUE LIVES?? WHERE THE HELL was I talking about this team being a contender or not? I SAID, We can win with DAK !!! Take off your Blue glasses. You can't see.
You said "24 years and counting". I don't give a rats ass about the past when grading this team. Hell, 5 years ago really doesn't mean shit as most of these guys weren't part of the team then.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another reminder...

The price of a starting QB in the NFL never goes down.

Never.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well....Watson insisted on 4 years in order to get another contract when TV & gambling money effect the expected large cap jump while Jerry stood firm on 5 years for Prescott.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well....Watson insisted on 4 years in order to get another contract when TV & gambling money effect the expected large cap jump while Jerry stood firm on 5 years for Prescott.

And I’m more and more convinced that Dak will not sign a 5 unless Jerry money-whips him. And Jerry isn’t going to do that.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I’m more and more convinced that Dak will not sign a 5 unless Jerry money-whips him. And Jerry isn’t going to do that.
jerry has blown this multiple times to the point where it looks like he'll either money whip him or allows another team too.
Jerry biggest mistake was the same as many Dallas fans....He thought Elliott was the straw that stirred the drink. In a QB driven league no less. Lucky for him, he got that Gold jacket for making a shit load of money for the NFL cause he remains one of the worst football GM's ever.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question now seems to be will Dak even prefer a 4 year deal next year or will it drop to 3? I would love to know what that final conversation was that happened at the 11th hour and with not enough time to push it over the finish line.

On your point, I never believed for a second Dak wouldn't sign a 5 year deal if the numbers were right so yeah if Jerry offers enough he'll sign for whatever # of years. 4 vs 5 was always about money so if the 5 money was good enough he would have taken it in a second. I still think the tag this year was best case scenario, was never bothered by it and was kind of hoping for it. My only concern was if it left bad blood and Dak didn't let that happen. Where other QBs sit out or sulk, Dak built a field at his house to be even more around the team and get even more practice in.